Lovesick Russian Drinks Himself To Death In Phuket

webfact

Lovesick Russian Drinks Himself To Death

A 27-year-old Russian man got broken-hearted by a beautiful Thai girl in Phuket. So he drank too much alcohol, and then got a heart attack and died, police suspect.

PHUKET: -- November 14, 2012 [PDN]: at 2:10 a.m., a report of a male Russian tourist found dead in his room was received by Pol. Maj. Col. Pathapee Seechai, the detective officer of Katoo police station, Phuket. He rushed to the scene with Pol. Col. Jirapat Pochanapan, the director of Katoo police station; and Pol. Lt. Col. Somsak Tongkliang, the detective inspector; and the detective team.

The death was reported by Mrs. Areeya Kokesatone, the manager of Amara Guesthouse Hotel in Patong. She had found his body in a third-floor room.

At the crime scene, police found the body of Mr. Peter Zavyalov, age 27. He was lying on the bed, wearing only boxers. His right hand was still grasping 3 red roses. In his left hand, he was grasping a bottle of Thai alcohol. There were no signs of being beaten on his body.

Police initially assumed his death was alcohol-related. The continuous flooding of his body with so much alcohol may have shocked his circulatory system and caused a cardiac arrest. Police speculated that there also could be a genetic predisposition to heart disease. So the police sent the man’s body to Patong hospital for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...mself-to-death/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-11-15

footer_n.gif

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"His right hand was still grasping 3 red roses. In his left hand, he was grasping a bottle of Thai alcohol".

I would have thought that if he had a cardiac arrest he would be grasping his chest/arm/jaw etc, or at the very least dropped the bottle and flowers. Sounds like it could have been staged.

I agree it's suspicious. Especialy with the lao khao. Sounds like someone didn't want to spend the money for a bottle of Vodka, which he would likely prefer.

*Also, few heart attack victims die peacefully as you suggest.

it wasn't lao khao it was hong tong and in other reports they show about 6 empty bottles (boxes) of it in the room.

another sad bastard chewed up and spat out by a combination of Thailand and his own weakness, why turn it into a conspiracy?

edit: phuket wan link deleted for pics of booze. sorry was unawre it was off limits

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 2

Love lost Russian drinks himself to death in Phuket seaside guesthouse

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-19454ZbKPVqYMYFXCCeeJRCeRmaXLiD.jpg

A SAD ENDING: Whisky and roses found at the scene by Phuket police. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- A broken-hearted Russian man who drank himself to death was found in his rented accommodation in Patong yesterday.

Patong Police inspector Maj Patapee Srichai was informed of the incident shortly after 2pm by Areeya Koksadon, 40, the manager of the Amara Guesthouse.

At the scene police found the body of Petr Zavyalov, a 27-year-old Russian national, lying on the bed still clutching a bunch of red roses in one hand and a bottle of Thai whisky in the other.

“There was no signs of struggle in the room,” said Maj Patapee.

“However, our investigation has revealed that he had argued with his Thai girlfriend. It would appear that Mr Zavyalov was unable to support her lifestyle and so she left him for another foreigner.

“He bought a dozen bottles of Thai whisky. He was later found dead in his room,” Maj Patapee explained.

Mr Zavyalov’s body was sent to Patong Hospital for medical examination and to await final instructions from his relatives.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19454.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-15

Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But par for the course. Too bad he didn't learn about the connection between Thai girls, money and love before he came to Thailand. Thai girl + money = love. Money runs out = Thai girl runs out = no love.

RIP

Don't forget that no money=no honey for the men, not just a woman thing, boyyyyy

• Like 2

Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But par for the course. Too bad he didn't learn about the connection between Thai girls, money and love before he came to Thailand. Thai girl + money = love. Money runs out = Thai girl runs out = no love.

RIP

you hang out with the wrong sort ,keep away from the bars and meet some ordinary Thai women, just like women the world over

hookers- money ,its their job.no one works for free

I have not frequented the bars or the wrong sort as you call them in over 14 years. Just observing the way it is here in the LOS. And I agree you are right hookers don't work for free. But I was not referring to hookers only my friend.

Very Sad and R.I.P .

It is actually very possible cause of Death ..My only question ..Could he actually consume all that Hong Phong ?? ..If he passes out , its quite possible that Cardiac Arrest occurs , while " Sleeping " or " Pased out " . A toxicology report should provide an accurate result , it would show anything else more synester .

" Heartbroken ..by a beautiful Thai Girl " .. I will admit , hmmmm , certainly possible ..But not really that Clever ..And he's ( Was ) only 27 !!

Lets see if anything else comes out .

If true , He should have taken him Roses to Banglar ..Im sure he wouldn't have had any problems finding a " beautiful Thai Girl "

But an extremely Sad story ..and a Wasted Death unfortunately .

• Like 1