Lovesick Russian Drinks Himself To Death In Phuket

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Colonels, a Lt. Col, the detective inspector and a detective team (no quantity of people noted). Plus apartment manager, neighbours etc. Must have been a crowded apartment.

Genuine curiousity makes me ask, why the high ranks for a single dead man? In Pattaya or Bangkok that may have rated a Captain at best.

Two Colonels, a Lt. Col, the detective inspector and a detective team (no quantity of people noted). Plus apartment manager, neighbours etc. Must have been a crowded apartment.

Genuine curiousity makes me ask, why the high ranks for a single dead man? In Pattaya or Bangkok that may have rated a Captain at best.

Was there a photo oppertunity>

Thai Whiskey = Poison

Totally agree, I swear I'll never touch another drop of that crap after suffering one of the worst hangovers of my life.

mate. 100% With you. Drank one of those hip flasks one night. Hangover would kill a horse.

My mate was even worse he was dry reaching all day much to his ladies amusement.

Safer to drink rocket fuel.

Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But par for the course. Too bad he didn't learn about the connection between Thai girls, money and love before he came to Thailand. Thai girl + money = love. Money runs out = Thai girl runs out = no love.

RIP

Are all the Thai girls the same ?????

"His right hand was still grasping 3 red roses. In his left hand, he was grasping a bottle of Thai alcohol".

I would have thought that if he had a cardiac arrest he would be grasping his chest/arm/jaw etc, or at the very least dropped the bottle and flowers. Sounds like it could have been staged.

Not at ll true. If you are drunk and unconscious you can have a heart attack and die. You wouldn't even know you are having one. Similar with choking to death on your own vomit - you'd be too drunk to notice or do anything about it. It doesn't sound suspicious at all. Have you ever seen a really drunk person? They can even move, so there is no way they could clutch their chest.

Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But par for the course. Too bad he didn't learn about the connection between Thai girls, money and love before he came to Thailand. Thai girl + money = love. Money runs out = Thai girl runs out = no love.

RIP

Yes on the other hand it's the best way to get out of a relationship, it happened to me, darling i said, i have no money so the girl and family said i must go, so i did, never looked back, new life new girl until the money runs out, save face for everyone,,, i still have a smile on my face every time i think about my situation, i never loose, but the family lost big time, no falang = NO MONEY good bye forever.

The problem was, this guy didn't know anything about romance and the bargirls. Roses, chocalates or perfume and I love you is not romance to a thai prostitute. Three long stem red roses is not going to buy the new pickup or the wiskey for her thai boyfriend. Now if he was found grasping his wallet in his left hand the booze in his right then the poor guy gave it his best shot and she didn't really love him so she wasn't with killing yourself for.

Very sad.

RIP

Are all the Thai girls the same ?????

This comes up quite often here on TVF. Every time I post my opinion to the answer of your question I get all these nasty replies so I'll let someone else answer you.

Normal Thai women under thirty do not get into bed with foreigners easily. If you love one such you will have to take your time to find out if she really is the girl for you. If you have fallen in love with the stranger that you slept with last spend you money have your fun and then go get another one. Never take such ladies to you own room period.

Nonsense - maybe they don't sleep with you but I assure you when I was young they did. What's this got to with anything anyway, albeit wrong?

Are you numb-nuts even real? What is a normal Thai girl? It appears from 90%+ of the posters to these forums comments about the trials of relationships with Thai women; the normal Thai girl must be a bar girl, karaoke hostess, booking girl, massage girl, short-time girl, street-walker girl, or whatever girl of negotiable virtue. Those Thai girls under thirty do get in bed with foreigners easily. It just takes money. It is so sad. How many of you have ever gone to dinner with a Thai girl you didn't barfine to get there? Very few, I'd wager. And, if I may, I'll tell you what that statement had to do with the issue. He is saying stay away from ladies of negotiable virtue and go with nice girls--normal girls. I'll bet some of you have been here 20 years and have never seen one.

Hate myself for this, but I tried and cannot find anything in your comments to disagree with.

Some years ago it was possible to find sincere love and real romance in Thailand, I know, I was there. I had many close American and English friends who met lovely Thai girls either in Farangland or in Thailand. Married and took them back to their own countries. Some of the guys are now in they’re 50s, 60s and even 70s and still living happily with their Thai wife’s. Have nice family homes together, kids, grandchildren and all that goes with it.

But it seems today that attitudes have dramatically changed and now it`s business first than pleasure afterwards and the Thai wives have become the tied wives, meaning they are a partnership with the cash and once the money runs out, they too run out.

I just don`t believe anymore that choosing Thai women as long term girlfriends or wives is a viable proposition, or as the wise man says; buyer beware.

Probably just a sad sign of the times.

Beetlejuice,

Perhaps you have just been here too long and have too many friends in relationships with Thai ladies of negotiable virtue. We used to call them LNVs, a more euphemistic acronym than LBFMs. LVNs have a real emotional issue with which to deal. After a short time--no pun intended--in the game, they begin to think of themselves as a commodity. They have the marvelous product, they can sell it and they still have it to sell again and again.

I have been coming to Thailand since 1967, but never lived here until I retired here five years ago. I have lived and worked in Asia for over 37 years. I know literally hundreds of Western men who married Asian women--me included, twice even. The vast majority of the women were LVNs, the vast majority of the marriages suffered monetary angst, and most have ended poorly--the foreign men were not husbands, they were simply long-time customers. Now, don't get me wrong, I have seen a few exceptions. I have one very good friend who married a Vietnamese LVN--she worked in the "truck washes" on the Bien Hoa highway; enough said. They have been together 40 years now, and she is a faithful wife and wonderful mother. I have also seen a few Western men who married 'normal' Asian women. Their marriages are, by and large, still intact--I know several over 30 years together.This may not be sufficient empirical evidence to condemn LVN marriage, but it is primary data from a representative sample of well over 100 respondents.

May I offer some advice? I'll refer to the 'Cold Beer' theory. Treat your LVNs like cold beers. Buy one, and enjoy it; then buy another. If you do decide to take one, or a few, home with you, do likewise. Enjoy them, then set them out in the trash. You can always purchase more.

If you want a relationship, look for 'normal' girls--not LNVs. The odds are stacked against you anytime you marry into another culture and marrying a girl who thinks of herself as a commodity just adds more risk to the venture. Would you go to a whorehouse looking for a wife in your home country?

Whadda bunch o' sleuths. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giftongue.png

It's called "constructive thinking" and it requires the use of one's brain to try to decipher possible and potential situations. Analysing circumstances and details to try to maybe get a better idea or not over look possible scenarios.

Maybe if you didn't waste so much time playing with little Mr Men cartoon characters you might've known this tongue.pngwink.png

It's called "constructive thinking" and it requires the use of one's brain to try to decipher possible and potential situations. Analysing circumstances and details to try to maybe get a better idea or not over look possible scenarios.

Maybe if you didn't waste so much time playing with little Mr Men cartoon characters you might've known this tongue.pngwink.png

actually, it seems to be your education that is lacking, because "constructive thinking" as you erroneously term unfounded speculation, is an entirely different thing.

perhaps give it a spin on google, see if im right.

"His right hand was still grasping 3 red roses. In his left hand, he was grasping a bottle of Thai alcohol".

I would have thought that if he had a cardiac arrest he would be grasping his chest/arm/jaw etc, or at the very least dropped the bottle and flowers. Sounds like it could have been staged.

I agree it's suspicious. Especialy with the lao khao. Sounds like someone didn't want to spend the money for a bottle of Vodka, which he would likely prefer.

*Also, few heart attack victims die peacefully as you suggest.

it wasn't lao khao it was hong tong and in other reports they show about 6 empty bottles (boxes) of it in the room.

another sad bastard chewed up and spat out by a combination of Thailand and his own weakness, why turn it into a conspiracy?

edit: phuket wan link deleted for pics of booze. sorry was unawre it was off limits

It is not "being turned into a conspiracy". It is a thought provoking situation with many questions left unanswered.

It is indeed suspicious that he was found still holding on to those items during and after a heart attack.

It is also causing a stir that the police are jumping to the most obvious conclusions and making there assumptions public without any actual known details or proofs.

Im afraid that your aggression towards natural thinking people and your suspicion and conspiracy theories may well be born from your paranoia ohmy.png

actually, it seems to be your education that is lacking, because "constructive thinking" as you erroneously term unfounded speculation, is an entirely different thing.

perhaps give it a spin on google, see if im right.

nitpicker saai.gif

Has the world ever seen such a fool? Such a goombah? Such an idiot? Did he think she was the only fish in the sea? Could he not see the forest beyond the trees? He puts the entire male gender to shame. I am ashamed to say he was from my species and my gender. This was a tiny man, with a tiny degree of self esteem, who had no life, had no perspective, and had no clue about much. Please do not even consider telling me I should have pity or compassion. I prefer to direct my pity and compassion toward people who are deserving of it.

Thai Whiskey = Poison

SangSom is actually pretty good stuff...in moderation, of course. Are you prejudiced?

SangSom is Rum

Yeah, they have a nerve calling it whisky, which btw has no 'e'. In my opinion - whisky is made in Scotland, that's the definition!

Thai Whiskey = Poison

SangSom is actually pretty good stuff...in moderation, of course. Are you prejudiced?

SangSom is Rum

Yeah, they have a nerve calling it whisky, which btw has no 'e'. In my opinion - whisky is made in Scotland, that's the definition!

I was speaking about SangSom as the Thais do...they call it whisk(e)y, eventhough it says Rum on the bottle. And BTW, it tastes like no other Rum I'VE ever tasted '_' Kindof a hybrid, me thinks. Mai pen rai.....

Thai Whiskey = Poison

SangSom is Rum

Many Thais refer to any hard liquor as whiskey / whisky (for those from Scotland). wink.png .

Edited by Nisa

I dislike how they always Girlfriend and relationship. It was a pay by the hour Girl not a steady working job girl. They fought because he could not support her/he-she's lifestyle come on Who are we joking Here On top of that there was probably some pills slipped into one of the many bottles he had drank. It is Patong not Bangkok not Chiang mai/ Chiang rai no worth while place to be. Another Ignorant down the drain in the South of Thailand. Way to Go

The whole truth about this first hand. (translation into english of themselves)

www . pavelkesh . ru/publ/thailand/narkotiki_v_tailande/na_pkhukete_umer_russkij_turist_petr_zavjalov_otravlenie_alkogolem_i_peredozirovka_narkotikov/14-1-0-234

(remove the extra spaces in the domain)

Edited by airnowa