German Kills Pet Dog, The Other Side Of The Story

webfact

1. In the original story it says the Rottweiler was still a puppy, if I remember correctly!

2. Not everyone trains his dog to attack!

1. you have a LINK? Never read that, the "Rotti", was a Puppy!

I had that in my mind also and mentioned that some time ago in the Original thread.

I posted in the Original thread already.

"Anyway, a Rottweiler who is not to young and old enough (1 year+)

and I did not read that either.

Should not need anyone to help him against an attack of a Golden Retriever.

to protect him".

2. No need to train a Rottweiler usually to be a bully, that is in the genes, same with your dog!

You're right. The Rottie wasn't a puppy. Sorry about that.

The 1 year+ Rotti was my dog and it was meant as an example that not all Rottweilers start fights with other dogs.

What I meant with not everyone trains his dog to attack is this: if you train your dog properly then you will have a calm and submissive dog that has no interest in attacking other dogs unless your dog is attacked. That's what the German guy probably was referring to when he said his dog is well trained. In the original news report it didn't say anything about how the German's Rottweiler took the attack, but you immediately jumped to the conclusion that the Rottweiler is a scared little pussy that needed his owner to defend him. What I believe happened is this: the Golden Retriever started shit every time he got the chance and the German got fed up with it, snapped and killed it. I can completely understand that. Yeah, it was excessive, but I'm also sure that he told the owners of the Retriever repeatedly to get their dog under control and they couldn't care less. Lesson learned the hard way.

Edited by pacovl46

maybe the owners children will never forget the sight of their beloved pet barbarically killed in the street by some crazed farang

this act might well be the root cause of a thai-farang death at some time in the future by those same children

for sure its not going help thai german relations is it.......?

IF the german guy had a grandaughter that had taken the pet rotty for a walk and been attacked by this retreiver and she screamed out in fear what do you think could/would be the worst scenario when a vicious dog senses such fear ??,.......a pretty young girl with facial scars for the rest of her life ? even death is a possibility . the police already had a complaint from him , why should he not be able to walk his dog without being attacked ? to say the owners of the GR will miss a loved pet - pity they did'nt show it any love and keep it locked up or walk it themselves before,..... could be that he likes to attack motorbikes too and there we have another victim of a savage animal , one less dangerous ,untrained dog , i won't loose any sleep over , if you can't look after your pets don't get one ..............simple !,..... excuse me while i walk my pet crocodile .

what if? could be? would be? might be? -ALL IRRELEVANT

Deal with the facts in the matter.

Just as you have with your

So if you child is beat up by another child, do you pick up a knife and stab him as well?

BS! I'm a dog lover - yet when people are not responcible enough to keep their pets in their yard or on a lease - what happens happens! The owners of the golden retriever should be charged for letting their pet roam freely - they caused their own pet's death.

I totally understand the "frenzied" attack - when a loved one is hurt (human or pet) - rage takes over. My dogs mean as much to me as my own child.

So if you child is beat up by another child, do you pick up a knife and stab him as well?

Definitely not. But what do you do in the case of an attack from a dog. Stand there and take it! You might not want to kill but sometimes you have little choice, especially as the owner had ignored previous warning about letting his unruly animal onto the public street.

you avoid confrontation, as i posted earlier take a different route, take a water spray and do not start to scream like a little girl, because not only it excites the other dog but also makes your dog more insecure.

If i see some dog charging towards mine, i stand infront of my dog and in a calm, deep voice tell the other dog to stop, i assert dominance by not only showing the other dog i am the alpha but also reassuring mine its safe.

There are hundreds of books and sites which teach the basics of dog ownership and dog control.

As i said earlier i have 3 dogs and never have a problem with soi dogs, only have a problem with retarded owners like the German who do not have a basic clue about dogs and its behavior

Some light reading for those who may want to learn something

http://www.cesarsway...ding-aggression

Saying all of the above, personally i would simply take a different route, and if there is only one way out of my house, i would(as i did) invest in a bike with a side car and take my dogs for walks on the beach or somewhere where it can run free, but thats just me

Not all of what you say is always possible. When it comes to reading books on dog ownership and control, send some to the Golden's Thai owner, the German doesn't need any. His dog was was well trained and controlled.

• Like 1

Attacked by a knife? I would maybe also bite back. whistling.gif Did he not find a larger wood or a broomstick, to teach the Retriever a lesson?

If I am the German and ="As the owner of a trained Rottweiler"= as it was stated above, I would want my money back,.

First, from the Breeder who sold me that Rottweiler -wimp- a "Rotti" who needs help from an aging guy against a -Golden Retriever-! OMG!

Second, from the Trainer who trained his dog, if it was not himself. rolleyes.gif Trained what? -To piss off-?blink.png

Why people buy a Rottweiler? to experience than stories like that? Do not think so.

Good possibility, some of the anger against the Golden Retriever, is anger about the inability of his Rottweiler, to control the situation.

I had many dogs in my life and one Rottweiler, in a group of 5 male dogs.

2 of the dogs a bit larger and more heavy than the Rottweiler, but he was the -Alpha- dog!

That is a dog and Retrievers do not even dare to look at him!tongue.png That is -Aura-!

544689_346020685468206_1533791746_n.jpg

If this thing came at me and i had a knife, then i would use it ! Anyhow, what "Idiot" would want this thing as a pet and then just let it loose.

I am on the Germans side. Some of you guys don't get it.

We get singled out here a lot and by our own while the Thai's stick together right or wrong.

For me even though I am American, I chose to believe the German. He isn't to far off the marker

Even though you can cut wholes ( No pun intended) in his story the fact remains that the Thai dog owners

Never take responsibility for their dogs. If their dog bits you it's not their dog, they only give it food sometimes

If you dog bits them they want money right away, starting at 4,000 baht. If you hit them on the motorcycle even no damage they want money

If they hit you on a motorcycle they give you the middle finger as they run off. So, for all you nayers in here I hope you don't have to stand alone anytime soon.

As he said this was an ongoing issue, he did file a complaint, nothing was done...not surprising. The police in Sattahip force you to take things into your own hands

I would say that the Thai dog owner doesn't really care anyway, he is most likely waiting for a handsome payout of 20,000 baht or so. Then he will go buy more dogs and put them out

in the street just so this guy will kill them again. Instead of the police fining the guy for not keeping his dog fenced in or leashed he will get a reward for doing the wrong thing which seems to be

consistent with the rule of law here.

I would have dropped a "baited" sausage over his gate before it got this far seeing as how the cops were not interested.

Not all of what you say is always possible. When it comes to reading books on dog ownership and control, send some to the Golden's Thai owner, the German doesn't need any. His dog was was well trained and controlled.

yeah, shame he himself is not trained and out of control.

Of course, the entire nation should change its ways for a pensionerthumbsup.gif

We get singled out here a lot and by our own while the Thai's stick together right or wrong.

For me even though I am American, I chose to believe the German. He isn't to far off the marker

Even though you can cut wholes ( No pun intended) in his story the fact remains that the Thai dog owners

Never take responsibility for their dogs. If their dog bits you it's not their dog, they only give it food sometimes

If you dog bits them they want money right away, starting at 4,000 baht. If you hit them on the motorcycle even no damage they want money

If they hit you on a motorcycle they give you the middle finger as they run off. So, for all you nayers in here I hope you don't have to stand alone anytime soon.

As he said this was an ongoing issue, he did file a complaint, nothing was done...not surprising. The police in Sattahip force you to take things into your own hands

I would say that the Thai dog owner doesn't really care anyway, he is most likely waiting for a handsome payout of 20,000 baht or so. Then he will go buy more dogs and put them out

in the street just so this guy will kill them again. Instead of the police fining the guy for not keeping his dog fenced in or leashed he will get a reward for doing the wrong thing which seems to be

I would have dropped a "baited" sausage over his gate before it got this far seeing as how the cops were not interested.

and yet another great addition to Thailand, i wonder when immigration will tighten upwhistling.gif

and yet another great addition to Thailand, i wonder when immigration will tighten upwhistling.gif

Cheaper than steak. clap2.gif lolololol

There is wildlife out there you know.

It could also result in a long and painful death. If an animal is going to be killed then at least make it swift.

Cheaper than steak. clap2.gif lolololol

yeah thailand is in shortage of cheap charlie's, aint that funnythumbsup.gif

• Like 1

That is a dog and Retrievers do not even dare to look at him!tongue.png That is -Aura-!

544689_346020685468206_1533791746_n.jpg

If this thing came at me and i had a knife, then i would use it ! Anyhow, what "Idiot" would want this thing as a pet and then just let it loose.

You miss understood my Posting.

You have this thing on your leash and you would think a Retriever, half the weight, will come to challenge your dog?

You need a knife to deal with the Retriever?

How you come to the "conclusion" somebody let it loose?

The loose one was the Retriever, the role of the dog on the photo should be that if the Rotti on the leash.

I just mean, with a self confident dog, same pictured,the outcome would be completely different!

The Retriever would never have dared to challenge such a dog!

Edited by ALFREDO

ABSO-<deleted>-LUTELY! *IF* I felt my child's life was in danger.

Your point is not a good analogy though.

Most kids fight - but don't intent to kill - not to mention it takes a LOT to kill someone with your fists - versus SHARP LONG TEETH that dogs are armed with.

ABSO-<deleted>-LUTELY! *IF* I felt my child's life was in danger.

Your point is not a good analogy though.

Most kids fight - but don't intent to kill - not to mention it takes a LOT to kill someone with your fists - versus SHARP LONG TEETH that dogs are armed with.

Really? and dogs intent to kill?

Anyway a person who does that to a dog should never be allowed to keep any animal.

BS! I'm a dog lover - yet when people are not responcible enough to keep their pets in their yard or on a lease - what happens happens! The owners of the golden retriever should be charged for letting their pet roam freely - they caused their own pet's death.

I totally understand the "frenzied" attack - when a loved one is hurt (human or pet) - rage takes over. My dogs mean as much to me as my own child.

Another sophism.

Not because someone kills a raging dog that he will kill a bully.

Keep it logical.

I have snapped the necks of two dogs in Thailand have have attacked my dog on my property, I would not hesitate to do it a third time.

Wauw! You the man! With bare hands!

Put something like that up on your "property", and let the always last dog hang and rot, so the dogs get to know what they can expect at your place.

galgen.gif

Will give you also a reputation in the community of the rural people.spiteful.gif

But you could also fence your property (better), to ensure, things stay in and other things stay out! ? rolleyes.gif

Anyway a person who does that to a dog should never be allowed to keep any animal.

Another sophism.

Not because someone kills a raging dog that he will kill a bully.

Keep it logical.

IF someone is capable of killing a living animal, it is only the matter of time for them to kill a human being, because clearly murder is not a problem for them

I have snapped the necks of two dogs in Thailand have have attacked my dog on my property, I would not hesitate to do it a third time.

Wauw! You the man! With bare hands!

Put something like that up on your "property", and let the always last dog hang and rot, so the dogs get to know what they can expect at your place.

galgen.gif

Will give you also a reputation in the community of the rural people.spiteful.gif

But you could also fence your property (better), to ensure, things stay in and other things stay out! ? rolleyes.gif

No doubt in not too long distant future will be reading headlines of a farang found dead with a snapped neck.

Fencing his property cost money and pension is not enough for thatwhistling.gif

IF someone is capable of killing a living animal, it is only the matter of time for them to kill a human being, because clearly murder is not a problem for them

I like to eat meat, bacon, steak, chicken wings you name it. By your rationale it is only a matter of time before I want to eat human flesh. If you don't agree with this then the premise of your argument is incorrect.

• Like 1

Speaking from my experience, which I wish more of you would do rather than talk drivel about this poor dog, in particular timekeeping although some he has to say is relevant.

My son was set upon by a dog, that was free to roam. Whilst my son was in his reigns to ensure his safety no further than a metre from me we happened to be enjoying a nice walk. I saw red and kicked that dog a good ten yards - I have never killed unless for eating before in my life. No doubt it was dead, although it did limp away. Fortunately for that dog (a) he did not harm my son and (B) relevant to the thread fortunately the owner was not there because it's without doubt the owners fault for allowing this to happen to my son. Words would not of been exchanged.

Now I want to briefly talk about this German. The first thing is rage - as I mentioned above it is not something that is controllable. You do not run back home to get a knife if your in a true fit of rage. As I showed above, that was true rage/instinct you defend without thought. He by his own admission gave consideration before attacking. It was certainly calculated, and anyone with a brain and similar experience can see that. Whether he was wrong to kill this dog is something that no one can answer, so why bother speculating. No one knows his grief or sufferance.

So, about pet loving, if the guy really loved his dog he would of defended without thought, rather than hurry home to get a weapon to dispose of his problem. This was as much an attack of the dog as of the owner, although I just wish the guy had the guts to face the other dog, the pets owner directly, because, ironically, he can be sure the previous dog will be replaced with his hard earned money.

I like to eat meat, bacon, steak, chicken wings you name it. By your rationale it is only a matter of time before I want to eat human flesh. If you don't agree with this then the premise of your argument is incorrect.

do you kill any of the above yourself? do you stab it 17 times? watch some clips of slaughter houses and see how long it will take before you will want to eat meat again. Though reading some of your posts, you propably would not care much, since you consider yourself being a superior being

do you kill any of the above yourself? do you stab it 17 times? watch some clips of slaughter houses and see how long it will take before you will want to eat meat again. Though reading some of your posts, you propably would not care much, since you consider yourself being a superior being

What persistent drivel you talk, I kill my own ducks all this time, what with my preference for fresh meat in a country with little to no refrigeration in rural areas. Your only valid point is his frenzied attack so stick to that.

What persistent drivel you talk, I kill my own ducks all this time, what with my preference for fresh meat in a country with little to no refrigeration in rural areas. Your only valid point is his frenzied attack so stick to that.

there is a little button called ignore, so if you have a problem with my "drivel" i suggest you click on it,

As for your previous "drivel" of an attack on your son,, dogs do not just attack for the sake of attack, perhaps try being little more attentive and pay little more attention so you will not need to kick a dog, but prevent an attack before even taking place

Just a thought, not wise to let child swing sticks when there is a dog nearby, nor running fast towards it or after it, especially when its not your dog.

• Like 1

Is your legacy to be based on drivel and assumptions? My lad was on reigns and nothing can be done if a dog decides to charge you whether inquisitive or to harm. My gut reaction was to defend my 3 year old son and not leave to chance as you the dog lover might like. What more precaution do you want me to take than have my son less than arms length from me and on a leash (exactly what the dog should of been controlled with) I assume you don't know what reigns are, otherwise you would not hesitate to retract your pointless drivel. Educate yourself when you want to slander me for my actions to defend my family.

• Like 1

Is your legacy to be based on drivel and assumptions? My lad was on reigns and nothing can be done if a dog decides to charge you whether inquisitive or to harm. My gut reaction was to defend my 3 year old son and not leave to chance as you the dog lover might like. What more precaution do you want me to take than have my son less than arms length from me and on a leash (exactly what the dog should of been controlled with) I assume you don't know what reigns are, otherwise you would not hesitate to retract your pointless drivel. Educate yourself when you want to slander me for my actions to defend my family.

yeah funny that, i live in thailand for 13 or so years, have my own dogs and never been bitten or charged at or attacked , nor have my dogs being attacked or bitten or anything of a kind and i live in a Thai area, full of stray dogs and take my dogs to the park filled with stray dogs.

Funny that, must be just silly mewhistling.gif

Nor have i seen EVER dogs charging or attacking anyone, but yeah you right, its just my drivel and you know EXACTLY what you doing and talking about, keep it upthumbsup.gif

yeah funny that, i live in thailand for 13 or so years, have my own dogs and never been bitten or charged at or attacked , nor have my dogs being attacked or bitten or anything of a kind and i live in a Thai area, full of stray dogs and take my dogs to the park filled with stray dogs.

Funny that, must be just silly mewhistling.gif

Nor have i seen EVER dogs charging or attacking anyone, but yeah you right, its just my drivel and you know EXACTLY what you doing and talking about, keep it upthumbsup.gif

Firstly, I did not say this happened in Thailand, there you go again with your assumptions again. This thread is not limited to the mentality of dogs in Thailand and more specifically again, my post was more related to the thinking behind the attack, not the geographical location. If you would just engage your brain and read carefully, you would see what drivel you write.

Secondly, I can tell you conclusively that my thai neighbour shot a stray recently as it mauled his dog that he loved dearly. I say loved, because he was too late. The stray savaged what they considered, one of their family. I'm sure you will have some drivel to offer as to why he was in the wrong so I'll be glad to hear it and confirm the need to actually hit 'ignore'

So it's fair to say again whilst you talk utter drivel in some respects, your a clear animal lover, and most would expect that from the likes, just as I love my family and will always protect them first your ready to defend that which is dear to you.