Mtb Routes Samui

Ape1983

Hi,

I will arrive back in Samui on the 10th of December. Im looking for advice on any decent offroad routes around Samui.

Last time I did the Maenam Soi 5 over to Lamai but just stuck to the concrete road.

Anyboy got any advice or even better anybody care to meet up for a bit of biking? I am not that experienced offroad but have a good level

of cycling fitness.

Cheers

Jon

I think you mean Soi 1 ??? to Lamai, many people do that on a bicycle ... (that may surprise a few people, blink.png but it's a popular route for cyclists... especially on week ends )

I think the Soi 5 route is not concrete all the way yet, although been a few months since I been that way, they were working on some of it a while back...(maybe April) .... But a bit of pushing the bike around / over rough areas you'd be OK..... just have to watch out for the crazy Safari trucks in the afternoons!!! crazy.gif There are routes that come out in Lipa Noi area... they all connect at some point....

It comes down to how much rain we get (if or when that happens) as to how conditions will be... come December and onwards.... wink.png

Hope that helps!

Hi Jon

I live and mountain bike here in Samui now 3 years for pleasure. ( I am not a business )

Thank fully I now know all of the off roads and made roads in the hills of Samui ( severe and easy ) and the MTB track too ( where the annual event was held ).

I am happy to show u all I know when u arrive so u can get the best from riding here. 0810 906XXXX

Cheers Foggy1

Please contact foggy1 via PM.

Edited by Rooo
Had to remove phone # for privacy reasons as per forum rules.

I did the Soi 5 route to Lamai and back via Soi 1 today, but under power of motorbike!!! wink.png

I'm not sure I or my mountain bike would make some of the hills! (up or down!!!) whistling.gif

But for anyone with the stamina, there are beautiful views to see en-route.... for the most part the sandy parts are in not bad condition at the moment...

Nice to see the two rough patches on Soi 1 have been partially patched up finally! thumbsup.gif

Here are a few shots, from the trip... I'll post a few more in the Images of the Islands section....

Amazingly only hit a few very light showers the whole day! wink.png

post-85461-0-40454700-1353247849_thumb.j

post-85461-0-75207700-1353247857_thumb.j

post-85461-0-09437800-1353247881_thumb.j

post-85461-0-83702400-1353247908_thumb.j

post-85461-0-42056700-1353248740_thumb.j

post-85461-0-10020000-1353248779_thumb.j