La Bresse Chickens

wolfmanjack

Someone had La Bresse Chicks for sale in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago but it is expired.

Does anyone know where I can buy some chicks here in Thailand? The ad said they were in Chiang Rai which would be okay for me since I am in Chiang Mai but anyone in Chiang Mai that had them would be better.

• Like 1

Are you talking about these chicken : "The birds are highly valued for their gamey depth of flavour, yet with fine, tender flesh and delicious, clean-flowing fat. Roughly 1.2 million are raised annually, but such is the demand inside France that few birds make it out of the country. As a premium product, they sell at a premium price: Poulet de Bresse command around 15 euro ($21) per kilo at fine food markets." http://en.wikipedia....resse_(chicken)

They are amongst the best chicken I've ever eaten in my life but can you reach the same level of quality in Thailand ?

Then maybe someone can try to raise "chapon", castrated chicken. I think you then reach perfection when it comes to chicken meat.

Edited by JurgenG

Yes I am referring to those chickens. The ad in the classified section is expired and I can not see who posted it.

I have been reading up on them and it looks like you can get close to the same quality if you follow the same feeding pattern but even if it is only 50% of the quality that would be a lot better than what you can buy in the stores here.

Makro has frozen capons right now. At least they did yesterday when i was there. They did not have too many capons and they only had 1 butterball. They had several Norbest turkeys though.