Mycat Disconnections.

loong

I've been on the MyCat H+ package since the beginning of January and generally was very pleased with it compared to my old CDMA connection.

Earlier this year, there was the issue with it disconnecting after 3 hours.

I've noticed recently that I am now being disconnected after 10 hours, ok not too much of a problem, I can live with that.

The problem that I am having now, is that the connection is slowing down at times, so much that it is unuseable.

These slow downs can last a few seconds or up to a couple of hours. It can get pretty annoying when webpages keep timing out before loading. Or as often happens, Thaivisa pages load, but disjointed and un-radable.

It's not a signal problem, my connection to the local tower is fine. Not being tech minded, I don't know if this could be caused by a fault in the tower that I am connected to or not. I know from past experience with CAT CDMA, complaints do no good whatsoever as I had similar problems before.

If I have a webpage open that constantly updates a clock or something like that, probably transfers very little data, it stays connected, but it can be impossible to load new webpages.

If I have a signal failure, the dongle will automatically switch to Truemove Edge. Not great, but at least something.

But of course, my connection to CAT is fine, just no data transferring, so it won't switch.

I am sure that this is not a common problem as I have not seen anyone post with similar problems.

I have an AT&T 308 dongle and connection manager

CAT has limited backhaul capacity (how data gets from the tower back up into the internet) off these towers and you are sharing that bandwidth with an ever increasing number of My by CAT and TrueMove H customers. Ina ddition, voice trafffic is getting muxed onto that shared uplink, and voice traffic does have priority, for obvious reasons. So that kid down the road is downloading some movie, the gal across the road is video-chatting with her friend in the U.K., and you neighbors are chatting on the phone, your connection slows. This could be one explanation?

Edited by lomatopo