V-8 Juice At Rimping

Mekong Bob

I was searching at Rimping recently for "2 in 1 coffee". no such luck. I've got to keep off the sugar!

Anyone know who might have this or is back to KL to buy it whenever....

I know I can always use Nescafe, but the White coffee is rather nice, but not 50% sugar or whatever it is that Thais love to have..

I wish that there was a local version of V8, but they always add someting sweet like carrot or pineapple juice to the vegetable juice and ruin the taste. bah.gif

Agreed. Same for the local versions of fruit juices in cans & cartons - pomegranate, mangosteen, etc.

Freshly-squeezed stuff (without the sweet syrup) is great.

Come on you guys, please do a little reading and educate yourselves before posting. Canned vegetable juice is likely to be healthy is it with all the extra crap they throw in, especially in a country where you can buy all sorts of freshly sqeezed cheaper stuff from the markets?

2 in 1 coffee? You philistine, apart from be an insult to the taste buds real coffee is actually better foir you as it is at least natural (caffeine issues aside), how many chemicals do you imagine they throw in that vile instant stuff to make it work?

This has been a community service comment.

I was searching at Rimping recently for "2 in 1 coffee". no such luck. I've got to keep off the sugar!

I know I can always use Nescafe, but the White coffee is rather nice, but not 50% sugar or whatever it is that Thais love to have..

Why don't you just buy black coffee and add your own milk or coffee mate?

I wish that there was a local version of V8, but they always add someting sweet like carrot or pineapple juice to the vegetable juice and ruin the taste. bah.gif

Agreed. Same for the local versions of fruit juices in cans & cartons - pomegranate, mangosteen, etc.

Freshly-squeezed stuff (without the sweet syrup) is great.

You can buy sugar free fruit juices in tetra packs. Available in all the large food stores here.

In the basement of Northern Village in Airport Plaza there is a real good food court which has a lady with a juicer and all sorts of fruits and veg that you can pick and choose. I usually have a combo of beet, carrot, celery w/no for a nice healthy V3!

V8 has a version for locals - Hot & Spicy. rolleyes.gif

and loads of sodium too!

Yeah, but I just love the taste.

Me too especially after adding a couple dashes of Worcester, half a dozen drops of Tabasco, juice from a lime and 2 shots of Stoly.

Dam_n, feel thirsty already. :rolleyes:

Can you not get a small coffee maker and brew your own. Then add the whitener.

Not to sure about the contents of the whitener but I would imagine the are the same as the two in one.

Try to get some one to read the contents to you. Whenever I am unsure I get the wife to read them to me.

A few weeks ago I requested low sodium V8 from the Rimping manager close to Airport Central. Guess I should ask a few more times. I forget the exact sodium contact in the normal V8 or the spicy version, but recall it's enormous -- sufficiently so to prevent my purchase, just as it did in the USA.

Agree it's possible to have a smoothie made to your taste, but I'm not always near such a place when wanted. And I don't keep the veges in the reefer that long to ensure it's available. The small an is handy!

A few weeks ago I requested low sodium V8 from the Rimping manager close to Airport Central. Guess I should ask a few more times. I forget the exact sodium contact in the normal V8 or the spicy version, but recall it's enormous -- sufficiently so to prevent my purchase, just as it did in the USA.

Agree it's possible to have a smoothie made to your taste, but I'm not always near such a place when wanted. And I don't keep the veges in the reefer that long to ensure it's available. The small can is handy!

I'm waiting for someone to tell you to go out to the market and buy 8 types of vegetables and a blender - it's better for you!

I'll be back in Rimping Nim City tomorrow, reminding them that customers are waiting for that V-8.

Does it strike anyone as incongruous that people bitch about the absence of Pepsi Max or low sodium V8 juice in a country where the basic wage is just reaching 300 baht a day?

No. Do the Mercs, BMWs, Audis, and houses that rent for 50K seem less incongruous?

• Like 1

Does it strike anyone as incongruous that people bitch about the absence of Pepsi Max or low sodium V8 juice in a country where the basic wage is just reaching 300 baht a day?

No. Do the Mercs, BMWs, Audis, and houses that rent for 50K seem less incongruous?

Nope!

And this is interesting:

http://www.indexmund...me-distribution

And this, just to do some quick searching:

http://www.bangkokpo...ity-in-thailand

And this, just to reflect upon differences among economically less and more developed countries:

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=67

Edited by Mapguy

No Pepsi without sugar, no V-8 with low sodium. Yes , life can be hard sometimes. Could I recommend normal drinking water? smile.png

Good one! If you want juice, buy a juicer and make your own. You can buy a good juicer for between B 2-3,000. Given the price of the juices sold in the stores, you'll get your money back soon enough. And you control the quality of your juice.

• Like 1

Agree it's possible to have a smoothie made to your taste, but I'm not always near such a place when wanted. And I don't keep the veges in the reefer that long to ensure it's available. The small can is handy!

I'm waiting for someone to tell you to go out to the market and buy 8 types of vegetables and a blender - it's better for you!

I'll be back in Rimping Nim City tomorrow, reminding them that customers are waiting for that V-8.

A blender doesn't work for hard veggies; you need a juicer. Different product entirely. They cost slightly more than a blender; between B 2-3,000 for a good one. A blender just mixes together all ingredients put in it (and you cannot put carrots or beets into a blender without breaking it). A juicer extracts the juice from vegetables, even hard ones like carrots and beets. Nor are "smoothies" the pure juice of vegetables and fruits; watch them being made and you'll see a lot of syrup and chemicals added.

Edited by TheVicar

A blender doesn't work for hard veggies; you need a juicer. Different product entirely. They cost slightly more than a blender; between B 2-3,000 for a good one. A blender just mixes together all ingredients put in it (and you cannot put carrots or beets into a blender without breaking it). A juicer extracts the juice from vegetables, even hard ones like carrots and beets. Nor are "smoothies" the pure juice of vegetables and fruits; watch them being made and you'll see a lot of syrup and chemicals added.

I'm a newbie here, but I'd just like to interject a comment about blending carrots.

Maybe it just depends on the blender. We make healthy veggie/fruit shakes every

day at home using an inexpensive (China-made) blender and no problems.

Just šayin'.

I'm a newbie here, but I'd just like to interject a comment about blending carrots.

Maybe it just depends on the blender. We make healthy veggie/fruit shakes every

day at home using an inexpensive (China-made) blender and no problems.

Just šayin'.

You might be making fruit shakes with your blender but a carrot is not a fruit (maybe you're adding just slivers of carrot?). It's a hard vegetable (apples and beets are also too hard for the blender). Blenders are fine for mangoes, bananas (where a juicer doesn't work), berries, papaya etc. but for hard things, you need a juicer. Moreover, a blender mixes everything up (there is no waste product); a juicer extracts juice from fruits and vegetables and leaves the pulp (usually discarded in an attached waste bin). I wouldn't advise putting a whole carrot in a blender but that is exactly what juicers are made for. Many of the "healthy blends" or "smoothies" being sold on the streets come with lots of sugar water and other additives. Make your own and you know what the contents are.

I checked out the sodium content for V-8 juice: it is between 25-30%! That's a killer (sodium=salt). Make your own.

Edited by TheVicar