Is Anyone Ever Heard About That Ed-Visa Could Not Be Issued For The Hong Kong?

hello all,

Here is my case. I'm a Hong Kong citizen who is applying the ED VISA for a longer learning in BKK. In the middle of Oct, I received the Letter of MOE and others paperwork from the language school. So I go to the Thai consulate HK to apply my application. And the next day they issued a TR (tourist) VISA to me and charged me 300HKD, said that "We usually issue the Type "Tourist" for the applicant, and you will be going to Bangkok to get a replacement for the ED VISA." So I heard that with no doubt and got on plane flying to BKK.

And now, I'm in BKK. I went to the Thailand Immigration (Lak Si) to ask for the replacement. But said to me there is no such thing for me to do this. opps? why, did they (Thai consulate HK) tell me a lie? And the school said, "We usually don't suggest people to go HK for ED VISA"...(but I did ask should I stay in HK to do it before)

Here is the question.

Now, I will have the documents, reissued by the school and I'm planing to go Laos Thai Consulate to apply my ED VISA. Since there are some countries (including China) that must go back to their country for application. I don't know if Hong Kong count into China? But I'm holding the HKSAR passport. If the Laos officer say I must go back HK to do it. What should I do?

Thanks!

Edited by BlueLi

Hong Kong and China are considered different when it comes too Thailand's immigration rules but am not sure (but doubt) if HK has any such rules about returning there to do your EDU visa as I had never heard of that before.

Edited by Nisa

Thanks PoorSucker got it:)

Out of curiosity, where was the Ministry of Educations letter addressed to that you show at immigration/consulate to receive the VISA?

( Related thread : http://www.thaivisa....ed-visa-change/ )

Thanks for the related info. I don't quiet get what you asking, the address on the letter is not appoint, just written Attention: Thai Royal Consulate

Thanks for the related info. I don't quiet get what you asking, the address on the letter is not appoint, just written Attention: Thai Royal Consulate

That is quite important information, thank you for that. It seems that if this address would be addressed to the Bangkok Immigration Offices instead, then you could extend it without leaving the country.