President More Popular Than Yingluck And Abhisit: Poll

Lite Beer

Wow. I like Obama a lot but people really do see a lot into that man that isn't there, and frankly, shouldn't be there. Addressing Thai internal conflicts is a THAI concern.

Does this apply to Thai Visa members too?

Sure! ...and since i am living here, even more so!

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huh! I find this odd! is this survey really credible????? But Obama is dark skinned........Thai people only like light skinned yeah. He does not look Korean or Japanese, Plus thai people normally hate blacks, indians, middle-easterns, their own dark skinned Isaan people, etc. So how can this be true?

Hate to burst your bubble but thais hate white people too.Thais love thais but most of all love baht,dollar and pound.Admittingly they would all love the white skin but dont think they they like you ..just what they can get from you..They also love power..and like it or not That Black man Obama is one of the most powerful people in the world.

Edited by vet43
  • Like 1

Huh! I find this odd! is this survey really credible????? But Obama is dark skinned........Thai people only like light skinned yeah. He does not look Korean or Japanese, Plus thai people normally hate blacks, indians, middle-easterns, their own dark skinned Isaan people, etc. So how can this be true?

Hate to burst your bubble but thais hate white people too.Thais love thais but most of all love baht,dollar and pound.Admittingly they would all love the white skin but dont think they they like you ..just what they can get from you..They also love power..and like it or not That Black man Obama is one of the most powerful people in the world.

Think you need some sugar in your coffee, as it sounds pretty bitter.

So basically what the poll says is that Thais are well aware that they're getting shafted up the arse with their own politicians but don't want to do anything about it themselves. They are looking for the hand of God to strike down the evil in society.

Well, fair enough. I guess it isn't too much to ask for a flaming pile of excrement hurling down from the heavens to wipe out every politician there is in the country. Anything can happen.

Think you need some sugar in your coffee, as it sounds pretty bitter.

Not bitter Mr Toad just honesty mate ..you should try it.

15 years ago things were much different here in every way,fun loving ,exotic ,peaceful with an amazing culture.Look at whats happened to phi phi,pattaya,udon thani.

How i wish for the Thailand of OLD

• Like 2

So basically what the poll says is that Thais are well aware that they're getting shafted up the arse with their own politicians but don't want to do anything about it themselves. They are looking for the hand of God to strike down the evil in society.

Well, fair enough. I guess it isn't too much to ask for a flaming pile of excrement hurling down from the heavens to wipe out every politician there is in the country. Anything can happen.

Lmao, this was entertaining to read, prolly my favorite post here. But then what happens? Well naturally...The true, noble potential Thai politicians who want only the best for their people will stand up....of course!

Busy transforming America into a banana republic... It's so broke now and will never be able to clear its debts. Why would Thailand want to align itself with 'friendlies' like USA? As for Barry being more popular than the two politicians here, that's a no brainer, as the two here have no international presence or recognition other than negative or useless press.

Your statement is profoundly ignorant and demonstrates your bias. The USA is not broke. It has a heavy debt load, but the debt can and will be managed. Unlike other countries, the USA will not default on its debt, nor will it require a bail out from other countries. The USA has been in worse shape and recovered. I suggest you look at American history for an example, but if you are too lazy to educate yourself, here's a hint: US civil war. The country was in tatters and burdened with debt. and yet the country recovered. When George Washington became president in 1789, the national debt was $77 million. In 1860 it was -$65 million. At the end of the civil war, the national debt had exploded to $2.7 billion and debt service cost was approcximately 2X the budget of 1860. The debt load was much heavier then, than it is now The USA didn't collapse did it? Yes, the debt issue is a serious and yes there are problems, but the USA is not going to collapse and with the country about to enter a period of access to lower cost and stable energy supplies, the USA will recover. The Americans are not quitters, and no matter their political views, they will sort the mess out. They have in the past (remember the depression and the dirty 30's?) and they will again.

Your claim that President Obama is transforming the USA into a banana republic is offensive. Did the US Constitution vaporize overnight? Did the US Congress disappear? Is the Supreme Court non existant? The POTUS cannot change the laws and render the USA a banana republic. Only the US Congress makes the laws the govern the USA. I suggest you read up on how the USA is governed.

You don't like President Obama. OK, I get it. You don't like PM Yingluck,. Ok, I get it. You don't agree with paying Thai household staff a fair wage. Ok, I get it. However, that doesn't mean your views are correct.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

I think he has got enough on his plate within his own country?

About the same number of people wanted the president to help solve the problem of vote-buying,

I wonder how many of those polled sold their vote? The only way that request could be achieved is to offer money to stop vote selling! blink.png

What a stupid request, "you sold your vote, now you don't like what you have brought, you expect a 'falang' to help you sort it out?" They really do not realize how frigging stupid they make themselves look!

Same as in US, people gave away their vote to get free stuff...

About the same number of people wanted the president to help solve the problem of vote-buying,

I wonder how many of those polled sold their vote? The only way that request could be achieved is to offer money to stop vote selling! blink.png

What a stupid request, "you sold your vote, now you don't like what you have brought, you expect a 'falang' to help you sort it out?" They really do not realize how frigging stupid they make themselves look!

Being paid to vote a certain way is a lot different than voting for someone based on their policies ... even if their policy is to give "free stuff".

• Like 1

Being paid to vote a certain way is a lot different than voting for someone based on their policies ... even if their policy is to give "free stuff".

You are correct whybother but the end result is the same and in my book falls in to the same catagory of vote buying. One with cash and one with unobtainable populace policies i.e. tables for students for starters.

Should have included Dr. Suess in the poll choices. Has the same relevance as Obama on Thailand's internal problems.

Simply demonstrates apathy and lack of trust and confidence Thais (at least 2,115 of them) have toward Government and politicians. I don't find it shocking. When hope and faith dwindles, it is normal to seek an external mediator who is free (at least in theory) of what encumbers Thais by their own nature, culture and social caste system.

• Like 1

Thais been practicing undercover apartheid for centuries. :rolleyes:

You are correct whybother but the end result is the same and in my book falls in to the same catagory of vote buying. One with cash and one with unobtainable populace policies i.e. tables for students for starters.

In that case, every government in every country is vote buying.

• Like 1

In that case, every government in every country is vote buying.

Noted wai.gif .

Busy transforming America into a banana republic... It's so broke now and will never be able to clear its debts. Why would Thailand want to align itself with 'friendlies' like USA? As for Barry being more popular than the two politicians here, that's a no brainer, as the two here have no international presence or recognition other than negative or useless press.

Your statement is profoundly ignorant and demonstrates your bias. The USA is not broke. It has a heavy debt load, but the debt can and will be managed. Unlike other countries, the USA will not default on its debt, nor will it require a bail out from other countries. The USA has been in worse shape and recovered. I suggest you look at American history for an example, but if you are too lazy to educate yourself, here's a hint: US civil war. The country was in tatters and burdened with debt. and yet the country recovered. When George Washington became president in 1789, the national debt was $77 million. In 1860 it was -$65 million. At the end of the civil war, the national debt had exploded to $2.7 billion and debt service cost was approcximately 2X the budget of 1860. The debt load was much heavier then, than it is now The USA didn't collapse did it? Yes, the debt issue is a serious and yes there are problems, but the USA is not going to collapse and with the country about to enter a period of access to lower cost and stable energy supplies, the USA will recover. The Americans are not quitters, and no matter their political views, they will sort the mess out. They have in the past (remember the depression and the dirty 30's?) and they will again.

Your claim that President Obama is transforming the USA into a banana republic is offensive. Did the US Constitution vaporize overnight? Did the US Congress disappear? Is the Supreme Court non existant? The POTUS cannot change the laws and render the USA a banana republic. Only the US Congress makes the laws the govern the USA. I suggest you read up on how the USA is governed.

You don't like President Obama. OK, I get it. You don't like PM Yingluck,. Ok, I get it. You don't agree with paying Thai household staff a fair wage. Ok, I get it. However, that doesn't mean your views are correct.

And he's not entitled to his views?

As you just had my post removed for my views.

Make enemies, and stand by the consequences, from your bias. Pathetic!!

-mel.

Hang in there Mel. At least there are two people on this forum who are not afraid to stand for the truth. I am not sure but I suspect that most of the Obama apologists are non-Americans. But even so when the truth is brought to light it causes no small stir.

I would have thought he'd be honest, for a start! Ooops! My bad. The US president, and my wishing his honesty don't go hand in hand do they?

-mel.

Neither of you would believe anything positive about Obama even if it was clearly proven as the truth.

I'll just let you continue to believe in your conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

So what the Thais are asking, is for a foreigner to help solve problems they can't solve themselves?

It's a tragedy for Thailand that their own politicians are so far from redemption, so distrusted, that the local populace have given up all hope of these 'leaders' ability to lift Thailand to a truly developed level.

-mel.

I did not have your post removed although your claim of my omnipotence is flattering. (Thank you.) I cannot recall ever reporting any posts either.

I agree with your view that people have a right to their opinions. However, one should not make unsubstantiated claims. The post I responded to was of the position that the POTUS was irrelevant to Thailand because the USA was described as being close to bankruptcy and the POTUS was changing the country into a banana republic. That position was not based upon actual fact, but was a manifestation of a political bias and driven by emotion.

When it comes to many posts, I prefer that they remain as they highlight the ignorance if the claim(s). In your case, I did not see your post, so I can't comment on its veracity. I do however, find it revealing that you make an unsubstantiated allegation accompanied by a veiled threat. Your feelings may be hurt so I suggest that you consider your phrasing next time. If you do not believe me, please check with the moderators, although I doubt you will because often it is easier to make an unfounded allegation than to check the facts.

Edited by geriatrickid

85% of Thais polled want Obama to help solve the Ya Ba problem in Thailand. I wonder how he would do that? What else do they want him to help with? Stopping womens' underwear thieves?

Obama could care less about Thailand's internal problems. He is busy transforming America.

Other than trillions spent on Bush's wars and trillions spent to stabilize a banking or mortgage industry thanks to a cavernous abyss of debt created by CMO, REMIC, MERS Corp, AIG credit swaps, CDO and the wonderful idea for Freddie, Fannie and Ginnie to guarantee CMOs so Chinese would buy them (ALA BUSH 2001 to 2008) . . .

US is doing fine. Bush, Chenney, Rove et al. did more economic damage to US banking infrastructure than any other Anericans in history of US. They all got fat and happy though in the process and so did people like Trump, but at the expense of taxpayers bearing the burden of the guarantees by Freddie, Fannie and Ginnie.

You apparently have no clue of the economic strain in US created by just CMO and MERs Corp between 2001 and 2008 when Fed stepped in. I know first hand what happened on banks books during the time and the lead in to TARP.

The CMO problem is an abyss no one can quantify and it is debt which continues to default daily and will do so into the future. QE 1, 2 and 3 had more do do with CMO and stabilization of banks than most people realize.

Until that cavernous abyss of bad debt is filled in with something, like a ton of cash, out banks will not become stable reserve wise for many years. The other option was to let them fail which I once thought prudent between 07 and 09.

Obama and Fed made a conscience effort to save our financial infrastructure, including AIG, Freddie, Fannie and Ginnie in an effort restore stability to our and the worlds economy. This is actually working, but it is a long and expensive process no one likes to discuss (i.e., big 3 banks failing).

These actions will actually pave the way to real recovery as opposed to becoming a "banana state." We are getting close actually.

Market swings are simply response to QEs as they have to park all of that cash somewhere. Corporations PLs are as strong if not stronger than ever right now.

So I hate to break it to you, US is actually doing dang good right now (except for core selfish Republicans hating on idea of having to pay more taxes even though they already have more money than they could ever hope to spend) and Obama and Bernacke have actually almost stablized or financial industry which I once saw as an impossible feat without permitting default on all CMO tranche payments to Chinese and letting AIG and the big three banks go under.

So . . . Your statements reveal a high level of ignorance regarding US banking and economic issues.

Edited by ttelise

That could been taken care off, as also many Thais love to use it.

post-94947-0-79765000-1353267959_thumb.j

• Like 1

-mel.

Quite a few of your posts have been removed by a few different moderators, the only ones able to hide posts/topics. And these posts were removed for good reasons. Please abide by forum rules (I suggest you read them), especially this one:

1) To respect fellow members.

Such violations will result in a temporary posting holiday or even a permanent ban on your membership.

:wai2: :wai2: :wai2:

• Like 1

Hang in there Mel. At least there are two people on this forum who are not afraid to stand for the truth. I am not sure but I suspect that most of the Obama apologists are non-Americans. But even so when the truth is brought to light it causes no small stir.

I would have thought he'd be honest, for a start! Ooops! My bad. The US president, and my wishing his honesty don't go hand in hand do they?

-mel.

Neither of you would believe anything positive about Obama even if it was clearly proven as the truth.

I'll just let you continue to believe in your conspiracy theories.

The problem is Obama supporters don't attempt to prove anything. They just talk Obamacare and Bush made it bad for Obama. When they are finished dancing the Obama jig, then they start calling people names. Of course they can't accomplish this alone. There must be other O supporters calling names as well in unison completely ignoring facts. Why do you think you are called the looney left? You can't come up with a fresh argument to support O. All you can say is "he's cool".

• Like 1