Recommendations For Reliable Real Estate Agency In Cm

jaideeguy

As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for reliable real estate agent in CM. I know the players change quite often in this competitive field and would like to get feedback and experiences from people that have actually sold their property thru a trustworthy agent.

Thanks in advance........

I cannot recommend myself but if you have a property maybe you like us to list it on our website?

The problem in CM is, if you have a house for sale, not many people go into to buy a second hand one, from our statistic, 99% asking for a new one and no way to change their mind to buy a second hand one.

If you have a condo with the right price, the sale should be done in maximum 3 month, if not, the price is wrong

My Thai wife tells me that the reason Thais do not like to buy a pre owned house is because they believe that the house is most likely haunted by spirits and ghosts. I had a hard time to believe my wife so asked another Thai about this. He confirmed what she told me. If I were in the market for a pre owned house being sold by a Thai I would make a very low offer and when they balk at my offer remind them about the ghosts and spirits.

• Like 1

I cannot recommend myself but if you have a property maybe you like us to list it on our website?

The problem in CM is, if you have a house for sale, not many people go into to buy a second hand one, from our statistic, 99% asking for a new one and no way to change their mind to buy a second hand one.

If you have a condo with the right price, the sale should be done in maximum 3 month, if not, the price is wrong

If a second hand house is not easy to sell, it tells me that anyone who thinks about buying a house with the intention of selling it in the not too distant future should reconsider.

You agree or disagree?

I don't own a house and would like your opinion.

If a second hand house is not easy to sell, it tells me that anyone who thinks about buying a house with the intention of selling it in the not too distant future should reconsider.

You agree or disagree?

Surely if the price was right people would buy it regardless of ghosts or spirits. The fact that they don't sell shows that the price is too high!

To answer the op question I used Perfect Homes and found them extremely helpful when I was looking for a condo.

My Thai wife tells me that the reason Thais do not like to buy a pre owned house is because they believe that the house is most likely haunted by spirits and ghosts. I had a hard time to believe my wife so asked another Thai about this. He confirmed what she told me. If I were in the market for a pre owned house being sold by a Thai I would make a very low offer and when they balk at my offer remind them about the ghosts and spirits.

I hear the same story but I ask myself what if the house was owned from a lucky guy, the luck is not in the spirit? biggrin.png

You agree or disagree?

Not sure if I understand you right (sorry I’m German), so I can’t answer it.

Another thing to consider, new houses usually come with developers offerring easy finance, buying 2nd hand buyers have to go through the long winded bank approval, somewhat embarassing if refused. I sold a 2nd hand house but knew it would be tough so spent a few more baht to set it up for a foreigner to like it, took a while but it sold and to a foreigner.

You agree or disagree?

I agree with you. Most of the u

You agree or disagree?

I agree with you most of the unsold houses are owned By peope who are not that concerned if they sell or not. There is no property tax so they cost them nothing. Many of them just let them run down.

Thais are very superstitious and have no problem believing in Ghosts and spirits. I know of two Condo's my wife will not even go into.

I don't own one for one very simple reason. I never buy any thing I can not just walk away from.

Another thing to consider, new houses usually come with developers offerring easy finance, buying 2nd hand buyers have to go through the long winded bank approval, somewhat embarassing if refused. I sold a 2nd hand house but knew it would be tough so spent a few more baht to set it up for a foreigner to like it, took a while but it sold and to a foreigner.

I did inquire once at my bank and they said yes they would lend the money but as my wife did not work I would have to put 50% down. As I recall it was at what I considered a cheap interest rate.

This past May we used Chiang Mai properties to help us find a house that we would like to buy. We found them to be very punctual with appointments. Never tried to push us into buying any one particular house. When we finally did make a purchase they guided us all the way from the offer to purchase right through to the registry office.

Well out of all that you got three recommendations:

Chiang Mai Properties

Perfect Homes

CMWeb

There's also TV Classifieds (anyone had any luck?).

A lot of people use Jasmine, though heard negative feedback (laziness?).

Is 3% the usual commission?

As above, though they prefer to buy new, of course they sell; one just needs to have it in tip-top condition at a realistic price. A lot of Thais just let them sit (with the notion that why should I spend money when I'm selling it anyway) and wander why they never shift. Also being in a well maintained moobaan helps.

Edited by jackr

This past May we used Chiang Mai properties to help us find a house that we would like to buy. We found them to be very punctual with appointments. Never tried to push us into buying any one particular house. When we finally did make a purchase they guided us all the way from the offer to purchase right through to the registry office.

Complete opposite when we tried to use them to sell our house, perhaps they are only interested in BUYERS !

Edited by alfieconn

It makes sense that Thai [unregulated] real estate agents are more interested in representing the buyer, as it's a buyer's market now with the market is flooded with a lot of 2nd hand houses that Thais don't want. They would rather buy in a cement box next to another cement box that looks exactly the same.

And 'spirits and ghosts' are BS to us, but a very real concern with superstitious [ignorant] Thais, as most of the Thai/falang couples that have viewed our property, it's the Thai spouse that doesn't want to live in a quiet, natural setting, but the falangs like it. We do have ghosts, but they are of the friendly sort. One we call 'Casper'.

Thanks for the tips and experiences....

i was hunting for a house early last year. alot of sellers think their properties only appreciate and ask for senseless price. just alittle more i could get a brand new ready move in house, so what gives the advantages of a used house? some even have a higher asking price despite being in the similar area with older model design.

i was hunting for a house early last year. alot of sellers think their properties only appreciate and ask for senseless price. just alittle more i could get a brand new ready move in house, so what gives the advantages of a used house? some even have a higher asking price despite being in the similar area with older model design.

...so,what did you buy...older,ready to move in house,or new ready to..ohh,what else is it going to brake house ?

BTW,did you use the agency?...I don't see to many recommendations here...

Edited by funcat

I personally would never buy a new house in a gated moobaan for several reasons.....

House construction is generally substandard and average lifespan is 7 years before you see the signs of age....cracking walls, termites, sagging roofs etc.

Land has usually not settled enough to be built on and will settle more.

Little or no landscaping to cool the cement off.

No choice of neighbors....the best neighbors are no neighbors or far away enough that you don't hear them.

All houses and colors are same same.

Crime is often worse in gated/guarded moo baans.

Ghosts and spirits are pissed off at the invasion of the land.

Reasons for buying a 2nd hand house in an older moobaan......

A 2nd hand house has already settled and most cracks and other faults have been dealt with.

Landscaping is mature and cooler and fruit trees are bearing fruit.

Much less crime, as the thieves know that the big money is behind walls that are easy enough to climb.

Prices mostly lower because of market demand.

Less chance of a karaoke moving in next door.

Ghosts and spirits are more friendly.

Of course Thais buy second hand houses.Loads being bought and sold in my Village in SanSai .

They will probably demolish them and build new ones in their place.

em ,no they dont .The houses go from 6 years old to new .They are still building on the moobaan .Prices from 1.6 M BAHT UP TO 3.5 m BAHT .a couple of the second hand houses always for sale which average around 3 months to sell .

My advice would be just to do it yourself, put flyers in Rim Ping,

advert in Thai Visa Classifieds and Bahtsold, and For Sale sign

on the gate, and a few put on electrical posts in the Moo Bhan,

We have rented ,bought and sold a few properties this way, its

easy , saves you 3% commission, you have to do a little work,

but it will be your best pay day when you sell the house.

With the above suggestions you will most likely,contact more

buyers than agents ever would,

regards Worgeordie

Stay away from CM properties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

x2, simply dreadful.

x2, simply dreadful.

Appears as if I was one of the very few lucky ones.