Buying Or Having A Small Wooden Table Built

vagabond48

we went to ban tawai a month or so ago and saw a shop where we liked the style/quality... i sketched out a cabinet (dimension wise) and with wifes help, told the guy how i wanted it made.... price was considerably cheaper than prefab crap at Index or Home Pro... and much nicer and stronger.... well worth the drive for us (from sansai)

If you want anything with style and decent quality--Ban Tawai is the place to go.

I had a cabinet built for my oven there, and they did a super job. I brought in the measurements, and if you have a google image or two, they can design anything should there be a language barrier. They even arranged to get a granite top for the cabinet so I could put a stove on top. The prices are quite reasonable for hand made furniture.

For "simple table, nothing fancy" try the furniture area in Thanin Market (Off Chang Puek Road). It's a bit hidden off in the South West Corner see streetview pic:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=18.803758,98.984416&spn=0.001701,0.002798&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=18.804013,98.984276&panoid=KXD9R4BgUcoT5uGXePT0BQ&cbp=12,187.18,,0,4.69

Don't be fooled by the cheap stuff piled up outside. The guy in the right hand corner shop has made several things to measure for us at very good prices. Sure you can find better quality in Ban Tawai but for basic things his stuff is fine. Better if you can speak Thai though.