Bangkok: Need Appointment For Retirement Extension-And How?

rolleyes.gif You're talking about an entension on your curent visa for one year based on retirement I'm presuming?

You do that at your local immigration office where you live which as you mention Bangkok I assume would be area 1 immigration at Chaeng Wattana in the Laksi area..

There's no appointment, but you will need to queue and get yourself a numbered queue slip at the immigration area entrance.

The immigration opens at 8:30 so be there waiting when they open for a low queue number. Try to avoid Mondays if you can as immigration is closed Saturday and Sunday, and therefore Monday is the busiest day.

I guess you know about the financial requirements and the documentation you will need to show, so I won't go over that here.

wai2.gif

Note: Since you mention late December, be aware that the immigration may be closed or on limited staffing during the Christmas to New Years period. Check before you go.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

If you have the paperwork (TM.7) filled out proceed through the initial room/information counters into the main room behind where you get your queue slips and from there to the waiting chairs in front of processing desks (for retirement far left side). There initial room at entrance is only for questions/forms/filling them out.