Online Banking

allen123

Same as above. Never had a problem with online banking either with my Thai bank account or my UK account useing my laptop or desktop computer.

Though I suppose it can depend on what security system you have set up with your bank.

With my local Thai account I have to wait for a text mesage giving me a four digit number to insert before my transaction is completed that is unless I have already set up a billing template. I then get an email confirmation when completed.

For my UK bank I have set it up so that I have to enter 4 digits from a 7 letter password to complete the process.

I find K-Cyber banking very easy and secure. Just don't set your log in name to your own, in combination with an easily identifiable password and you'll be fine.

On top of that it takes one day to apply for a K-Web shopping credit card (I just applied for this recently), which is very secure through OTP's, and after every purchase they send notification, and dispute form for any errors. It usually takes around 5 - 7 working days for the funds to be drawn against your savings account.

Bangkok bank is best for biz and personal inet banking. And service in my opinion. Biz is a pain that you need Internet Explorer before but now Firefox is ok.

SCB is horrible but I still use it as all my auto pays are set up there. Also bkk bank has always had best exchange rates for my home currency. K bank was pretty good Online but I prefer bkk bank don't like the branches I used.

Sent from my GT-P6200L using Thaivisa Connect App

Well I have Bangkok Bank, SCB, KBank and Krungsri. Actually they are safe. I never got a problem. You should ask yourself, why this guy have some many banks, well because of a lack in internet banking by each bank. When try to pay a bill you can not for instance pay your electricity bill with bank A but you can do with bank B. When pay your phone bill. Can not with bank A, B and C but... can pay that with bank D. That's really so strange. When you want to pay a bill you need to look in a kind of list to see if they have a contract with that company. Really to stupid for words. Nevertheless to come back to the issue, don't worry... it's safe and the only thing I can advice, have always a good internet protection on your laptop. Good luck in using your internet banking.

• 3 months later...

i was forced by my employer to open a KTB account about a year ago. i registered for an online account but it seems that every time i change the password from the basic one issued by the bank (which I am told by them i have to change) the new password will work one time and after that i have to go and register again. has anyone else had similar problems.

the branch staff (phuket, central shopping mall) have told me a variety of reasons: i can't log on on an i-phone (not true, you just watched me do it!), i am using the wrong password (how would they know?), i have the wrong type of online account (so why did you give me the wrong type of account and why doesn't the replacement one work either?) very frustrating but so is having to pay these incompetents to transfer my money to my existing SCB or Kbank accounts.

anybody know what the problem is??