Honda Zoomer X Vs Tiger Street Bomber ?

freedomnow

So the Zoomer X and Tiger Street Bomber are in the same price range (53-56,000 Baht)...does anyone with a bit of scooter knowledge know which one would be better quality ? Street Bomber is faster and modding looks better, but I have never heard of this company before.

Yes, you can get a decent used big boy bike in the same price range, but I just want something fun to kick around town with that does not look as generic as regular scooters.

hondazoomerx.jpg

Tiger Street Bomber

image006jd.jpg

Edited by freedomnow

Which one for better quality: Honda honda honda honda honda honda honda honda honda honda ..................................................

I own a Honda now (pcx 150) and several H. waves over the years, all of them very good quality.

I owned one Tiger Retro/sidecar and the only way I will ever own a Tiger again is if sombody give me one for free, no way I gonna pay for one again.

Which one for better quality: Honda honda honda honda honda honda honda honda honda honda ..................................................

I own a Honda now (pcx 150) and several H. waves over the years, all of them very good quality.

I owned one Tiger Retro/sidecar and the only way I will ever own a Tiger again is if sombody give me one for free, no way I gonna pay for one again.

But I would. My Tiger CX is reliable like hell, undestroyable, goes everywhere, onroad / offroad no problem. I works perfect since 6 years. It starts after 7 month in Germany almost with the first, latest the third kick. A very good cool looking bike, but off course also Honda`s are great bikes on a high quality level.

Resale value, of course, goes to Honda. Service in every way as well. While some may have had good experiences with Tiger, a study of all buyers' opinions seems to go to Honda by a very big number - let's say 1,000, to 1 if the test is sales in this market.

A tentative buyer should at least sit on a possible purchase to check for personal fit. Test drives would be better.

I am sure Tiger is able to build reliable bikes, but i guess the Street Bomber is not one of them. Its made for show purpose. If your main intend is getting attention than the Street Bomber may be interesting as its street legal, but it looks like highly modded. If you need a reliable bike and may sometimes hit a pothole or have to leave tarmac or want to drive while its raining, than of course take the Honda.

Edited by wantan

For looks, style, pure absolute awesomeness, go for the Street Bomber.

For reliability, go for something Honda. However, as the Zoomer X has nothing of the above, go for a Click. I don't see a reason to buy a Zoomer X. Its just ugly and naff.

Friend has a zoomer and it's a nice bike, her friend is also getting one. I seem to see more girls getting them.

However I just heard once with an aftermarket exhaust tonight and it sounded like ass. Just this horrible loud drone that sounded 10x faster than the bike was moving

But I would. My Tiger CX is reliable like hell, undestroyable, goes everywhere, onroad / offroad no problem. I works perfect since 6 years. It starts after 7 month in Germany almost with the first, latest the third kick. A very good cool looking bike, but off course also Honda`s are great bikes on a high quality level.

Guess you were lucky. A few years back I purchased a new Tiger CX125 waited 7 months for the book, when they could not give me one, the police helped to get another one. thought it always started, parts were always falling off it. Service was far and few between. Often they would take parts of bikes in the show room. Simply it was dangerous, Sold it. Now hard to find ANY tiger dealers but there are more and more honda dealers

• Like 1

I've ridden the Zoomer X and it is nippy and turns quickly on it's small wheels. I'm 5' 10" and under 12 stone but it still looks and feels physically tiny. Good build quality. I had a look at the Street Bomber at the last BKK bike show and the finish didn't look bad. Tiger guy said the engine was sourced from China, so depending on the manufacturer it could be OK or a nail.