Drunken Sailors’ Brawl Ends In Murder

Rimmer

Drunken sailors’ brawl ends in murder

Baan Saray, (South of Pattaya): Drunken sailors ended up in a brawl with one being murdered on the Harbour on Tuesday

The long and well sharpened knives used by fishermen to gut their haul, proved equally deadly for one unidentified man who died at the Quayside South of Pattaya this week

Medical services established that the attack had been a frenzied one and the man stabbed at least ten times, but he was already beyond medical help when Police and ambulance teams arrived at the scene.

The dead man, surrounded by a crowd which quickly dispersed when the police arrived, is thought to be approx. 40 years old and, in all probability, an illegal immigrant from Cambodia. Witnesses described how he and others were fully drunk on cheap liquor when the argument broke out that led to the fight. It is thought that the dead man had been more than a little outspoken to his sailing chums and whatever he said, drove them to slash his face and body.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/drunken-sailors-brawl-ends-in-murder/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

No one dies from being slashed on the face or body. They die from stab wounds again to the body.

The reporting is absolute trash.

What we do have is an area of Pattaya expensively attravctive, suitable for a late night stroll by the sea and the scene of a viscious murder.

Pattaya.

At least no one was raped and murdered [?].

But alarmingly the dead man was killed by his colleagues. No doubt if it were true the same men working on the same boat. Yet no mention of any police presence let alone arrest.

How cheap has life become in pattaya? The casual informing that he was 'in all probability' so guess work, idle hypothesising, 'a Cambodian.' As if being a foreigner ....... that means 'falang' ...... makes it somehow to be expected, accepted, sanitised.

Enjoy your stay. Another day. And it wasn't you with the knife in your belly.

The crime? Wrong place wrong time. Best strike the Bali Hoo from your list of places to visit.

I don't know what's more sad: the murder or the lack of caring about another murder. The reporting seems to suggest that because the victim was "probably" an illegal Cambodian, it's no big deal. Cambodian, farang, Burmese, Lao... there's no real need to find out who did it, after all--who cares? Right? This is why there are twice as many murders per capita in Thailand than in the wild and woolly gun-crazy USA. 2X!! Because nobody cares... it's just something to quickly cover up so it doesn't hurt the tourist industry. It's so sad... there will be others!

No one dies from being slashed on the face or body. They die from stab wounds again to the body.

What we do have is an area of Pattaya expensively attravctive, suitable for a late night stroll by the sea and the scene of a viscious murder.

Pattaya.

But alarmingly the dead man was killed by his colleagues. No doubt if it were true the same men working on the same boat. Yet no mention of any police presence let alone arrest.

How cheap has life become in pattaya? The casual informing that he was 'in all probability' so guess work, idle hypothesising, 'a Cambodian.' As if being a foreigner ....... that means 'falang' ...... makes it somehow to be expected, accepted, sanitised.

The crime? Wrong place wrong time. Best strike the Bali Hoo from your list of places to visit.

twaddle talk

• Like 1

Knifed ten times? Where is the "I love dogs" crowd to stick up for this man? Maybe if he had been knifed 17 times we'd have more maudlin replies. The ghouls standing around reminded me of the fact that there were also ghouls standing around when one certain foreigner was being attacked by a dog. Here, instead, one man is being attacked by locals and (AGAIN!!!) the ghouls do nothing.

There are enough of these stories about lunatic abuse, maiming and killing. Instead, this article should address the unfortunate event from another angle. It should be about why Thais stand around ghoulishly and watch, frozen in fascination, whilst their fellow countrymen abuse, maim and kill each other and any other living thing that falls prey to their fits of homicidal, cowardly rage.

I should not even have to mention that it would only demonstrate that Thais have any human decency in them were one of the ghouls to step forward and tell what happened, but we never hear about that, do we.

Nahhh! He's a foreigner; a stinky old man from Cambodia, whom no one but his mother could love anyway. No one cares, really. It's Thai for Thai on this one.

Yet another example on a long list of examples of how (generally speaking) Thais demonstrate self-restraint and virtue, and instead of contacting the police, or just walking away... this happens.

Pattaya.

Slash wounds to main arteries - kneck, groin, leg for instance are fatal. Bleed out usually in 2-3 minutes. No need to stab.

Knifed ten times? Where is the "I love dogs" crowd to stick up for this man?

The ghouls standing around reminded me of the fact that there were also ghouls standing around when one certain foreigner was being attacked by a dog.

Here, instead, one man is being attacked by locals and (AGAIN!!!) the ghouls do nothing.

He's a foreigner; a stinky old man from Cambodia, whom no one but his mother could love anyway.

I would say, do not "Compare apples with pears."

By the way, I never read in the other thread you are mentioning, that the German needed help killing the dog, or wanted some help!

I read instead there "he brandished the knife" and wanted nobody, special not the owner of the dog to approach him!

In the thread, you try to mislead now, in an Off Topic direction,

I could not read that the crowd was actual at the crime scene during the stabbing,

but was standing around the (dead?) body a bit away from where he was murdered.

From LINK,

"Once stabbed, he tried to flee the scene himself but his injuries prevented him from leaving the pier area and his body was found close to where the fight took place.

The other sailors, meanwhile, hastened a quick getaway in their boat."

I could also nothing read from an "Old man" no.gifwho was murdered, he was about 40!

"Stinky"? You knew him?

"Nobody, except his mother could love him" You knew him well?whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO