What Do I Do With The 20 Pounds Of Small Thai Coins I Have Accrued?

KirillStorch

I told my missus if she counted mine she could have half (was thinking it might be a 1000 or 3), turns out I had just over 12,000....... grrrr at giving her 6k, she took it to the bank and swapped it for real money.

Edited by Spoonman

I told my missus if she counted mine she could have half (was thinking it might be a 1000 or 3), turns out I had just over 12,000....... grrrr at giving her 6k, she took it to the bank and swapped it for real money.

12.000 and that is not taken in account the 3000 she cheated you while counting. biggrin.png

Was that comment really neccessary. I think not. You know his wife?

• Like 2

12.000 and that is not taken in account the 3000 she cheated you while counting. biggrin.png

Was your comment really neccessary.

Get some humor feeling or get a life !!!!!!!

Yo mama so poor when I saw her kicking a can down the street, I asked her what she was doing, she said "Moving."

Yo mama so poor when she goes to KFC, she has to lick other people's fingers!

• Like 1

perhaps some of it could be spent getting pormax a sense of humour

• Like 1

Was your comment really neccessary.

Get some humor feeling or get a life !!!!!!!

Yo mama so poor when I saw her kicking a can down the street, I asked her what she was doing, she said "Moving."

Yo mama so poor when she goes to KFC, she has to lick other people's fingers!

You know my mama ?laugh.png

For those of you in the USA, many grocery stores have those machines that count the coins. Most charge a large 8.9% fee! They give you a receipt and you get cash from the checkout clerk. However, I was surprised that one store (Albertson's) actually does NOT charge the fee if you get the money in the form of a store debit card that you can only use in that store. That's OK. I often shop there anyway. I did check the same day and the exact same coin machine in another grocery chain did NOT give the shopping card no fee option.

That's ok for the 1 and 2 baht coins but what about the 25 and 50 setang coins? If you give them to shopkeepers they generally throw them on the ground!! sad.png

I use them all the time when going to Tesco. smile.png

Edited by Semper

Or if you don't actually want to give it away bag them up in 100 Baht lots and tout them round the 7-11 shops they always want change.

My Mrs does this all the time, they are always grateful for the change, but they like 10 baht's worth of 1 baht coins taped together or bagged up individually.

Same goes for 100 Bhat's worth of 10 Baht coins

Since the banks have no way to count the coins, except by hand, I doubt they would be happy to take your coins. Also they dont seem to like to give the coins out, since they have done a lot of work, to put them in the silly bags. 7/11 would be a good bet, just count them before hand, since I have seen that most Thai cannot count, even the small shop keepers seem to have a time figuring out the money. Same for the bars, dont just believe what the total is, count it before hand. Just dont mention it on this forum, someone will always call you cheap charlie, for counting your money. Most people here think we should act like we are rich.

You clearly don't place much value on your time if you've taken the trouble to count these coins which amount to such a small amount.

Give them gradually away to beggars in and around town. Put a smile on their face and make a difference.

You may even feel better yourself.

• Like 1