Help Appreciated.....

Ive read through the notes etc..but would lke a bit of advice/help....

ive been to thai loads of times, but always with a 2 /3 entry tourist visa...

I am now planning to come to thailand for a year at least, maybe longer.....now to apply for a `non immigrant multy entry visa` (the one where u have to get the visa stamped every 90 days)... do i need to make up a story, to get this ! ....or can i apply ,as with a tourist visa..????

any help appreciated.........

im from the uk,

We sponsor potential clients if they are looking at business opportunities in Thailand. They don’t need to make the commitment that will actually acquire a business but are sincere in pursuing the possible idea. If we feel they are serious, we provide a cover letter, our vat papers, and shareholder paperwork and by-laws which are certified originals (Some Consulates require the certification by the Thai government) to assist them obtain the one year multi-entry visa.

I understand some Consulates in Europe will do it from a company sponsoring them in Europe as well ( going on their behalf to start a company )

...sounds interesting, I will bear that in mind...........

I have a few thai freinds that I can trust , and could go into a small business with....

but to tell you the truth after reading the post on here about the new laws coming in july .....i wont be rushing into anything , although I do want to get something up and running to earn me a monthly income (with any luck!)......

...sounds interesting, I will bear that in mind...........

I have a few thai freinds that I can trust , and could go into a small business with....

but to tell you the truth after reading the post on here about the new laws coming in july .....i wont be rushing into anything , although I do want to get something up and running to earn me a monthly income (with any luck!)......

Which " new laws " are worrying you ?

Exactly Doctor. Can't see one new law that will ultimately effect having a business here if you can't go that route.Various legal strategies work for most every case here, no matter your situation ie: You can't drive straight one km because the road is blocked.

" Go left one soi then right one km then right one soi. " The direction given had the same end result and it was legal. You just need a lawyer that thinks and does not take short cuts. You'll find many cases like this in Thai law.

fair enough chaps.......

i posted that post after having a QUICK read through ,the pinned topic at the top of the forum re: july 2004, changes..etc.. if it doesnt effect me , great!

...so in that case, i ill be looking to get a business of some sort going within the next year or so...!

...as for the visa, im still none the wiser! :o

We sponsor potential clients if they are looking at business opportunities in Thailand. They don’t need to make the commitment that will actually acquire a business but are sincere in pursuing the possible idea. If we feel they are serious, we provide a cover letter, our vat papers, and shareholder paperwork and by-laws which are certified originals (Some Consulates require the certification by the Thai government) to assist them obtain the one year multi-entry visa.

I understand some Consulates in Europe will do it from a company sponsoring them in Europe as well ( going on their behalf to start a company )

You may be none the wiser...but you are much better informed. Reread Sunbelt's advice.