Live Rock Music In Bkk

stevehaigh

i know this has been discussed before but i can't find it anywhere. can anyone recommend a good bar in bkk for live rock music (thai or farang)

thx steve

Can't remember the name, but there's a bar, about two or three doors down from Country Roads in Soi Cowboy that has a band that plays some pretty mean rock. The 2 guitarists are top drawer. Always packed with rock- lovings farangs, so I don't think I'm wrong :D:o

I was totally spoiled when I lived in San Francisco.

Top bands like the Cure, the Smiths, Sisters of Mercy play in tiny little local clubs on their first trips to the US, but are world famous a few months later and playing in huge stadiums.

10th rate, cover bands just seem like a waste of time after that! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Rock Pub :o (opposite asia hotel)

thanks, where's asia hotel?

For Thai "Music for Life": Po Kungpao, opposite Pranakorn University in Bangkhen Luksi in the north of Bangkok. Spey Royal whiskey by the bottle....

sounds interesting but how far from nana? maybe an expensive taxi ride?

steve

i know this has been discussed before but i can't find it anywhere. can anyone recommend a good bar in bkk for live rock music (thai or farang)

thx steve

Can't remember the name, but there's a bar, about two or three doors down from Country Roads in Soi Cowboy that has a band that plays some pretty mean rock. The 2 guitarists are top drawer. Always packed with rock- lovings farangs, so I don't think I'm wrong :D:o

Five Star, great fun!

The Rock Pub :o (opposite asia hotel)

thanks, where's asia hotel?

For Thai "Music for Life": Po Kungpao, opposite Pranakorn University in Bangkhen Luksi in the north of Bangkok. Spey Royal whiskey by the bottle....

sounds interesting but how far from nana? maybe an expensive taxi ride?

steve

Rock Pub on Phyathai Road. opposite the Asia Hotel and immediately below the BTS station at Ratchatevi, :D

Rock Pub on Phyathai Road. opposite the Asia Hotel and immediately below the BTS station at Ratchatevi, :o

thanks, i actually found it by accident anyhow on my way to pantip. it's a pretty good place, the band let me play drums on a couple of songs. mai mee phu-ying however so i moved on over to the place on soi cowboy which was so so.

i'll try the rock pub again, thanks.