Help!

I have been here for about 4 months and recently my employer was shut down for employing overstay and illegal immigrants. As it turns out, I am one of them. She guaranteed visa and work permit, I signed all the necessary documents I thought anyway), paid for the visa, but nothing was ever done with the money/documents. I am now overstayed, without a job and not receiving my last paycheck. I am scared and relatively alone. I am almost out of money, and I cannot find employment with an overstay visa. I don't have family in the States and I'm not sure what to do. Can someone please help me? I don't know what to do...

Please some advice would be great! A job would be better!

Call immigration, they are usually helpful if you are honest with them. You will be cut for ฿500.- a day over stay what ever you do, so contacting them should keep you out of detention and deportation. I hope. Try to stay legal my friend! I think they may be able to propose an alternative solution. Your embassy won't help much.

The US Embassy is one of the more helpful ones,i would advise against going to immigration first and seek help from the Embassy.

Keep any documentation to show the Embassy that you thought all was above board at the last resort you could go to immigration but i really don't think they will help you much,just lock you up...awaiting help from friends at least if you are free somebody may provide you work to help you get the money together to get out of dodge.

The OP is really up shit creek.

If i was in his situation i would gather all my cash and i would leave and re-enter Thailand on a tourist visa on a land border crossing ASAP. Cheapest solution

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

paying overstay at 500 baht a day with a maximum of 20,000 is unavoidable. if the Op can't afford that, immirgation will arrest him and bring him before a judge. The judge will give a lighter fine, but if the Op also cannot pay for that he will have to do time in prision. Once the fine is paid/served in jail the Op will be brought to an immirgation detention centre till he can buy a ticket out of the country to his home country.

The best thing there for is to go to the border and pay the overstay fine.

• Like 1

At the most the US embassy will give you a loan to cover your living expenses before departure on a ticket to the US they arrange. They will put a stamp in your passport stating you are not allowed to leave the US until you repay the loan.

They will not loan you the money to pay for your overstay.

Suggest you try and get enough money to pay the overstay and a flight out to get a tourist visa.

You could do a border run but it is risky to try departing that way with an overstay because of checkpoints along the way plus immigration at border crossing are not as friendly about overstays as at the airport.