Thai Police Fire Tear Gas At Political Protest

webfact

The problem with instigating violence is it always attracts those who want a fight. As the old saying goes, if you go looking for trouble, trouble will find you. Looks like the police have orders to start trouble

looks like Pitak Siam have orders to start trouble taking down barricades and trying to drive in no go area.
  • Like 2

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem with instigating violence is it always attracts those who want a fight. As the old saying goes, if you go looking for trouble, trouble will find you. Looks like the police have orders to start trouble

looks like Pitak Siam have orders to start trouble taking down barricades and trying to drive in no go area.

what indicates that? For me it looks like the police blocks the demonstration side and they wanted to go inside, but I am not there so I can't tell what really happened.....but the government caused the first injured civilians....

Protesters injured, arrested in clashes with police

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police Saturday morning fired teargases at advancing protesters at two roadblocks, resulting in injuries and arrests.

The first clash happened at Makawan Rangsan Bridge at about 9am when the protesters tried to march through the police barricade to join the rally at the Royal Plaza.

They refused to make a detour to the Wat Benjama Intersection and First Infantry Intersection, where police allowed the demonstrators to pass through.

So police fired teargas at the advancing protesters, resulting in a clash.

At this spot, police arrested 132 protesters. One of them was a newspaper photographer, who was later released after other newsmen informed police that he was on duty.

Police searched the arrested protesters and found knives, some bullets and slingshots.

Four protesters were reportedly injured from the tear gas.

In the second clash, Police fired teargas at protesters at the Miskawan Intersection to try to prevent them from breaking through police barricade at the Miskawan Intersection at about 10 am.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 24

.... and here we go.

Yep going to be a long day methinks.

The gov. have set the stage for a show down and a smack down.

Nicely coinciding with the original start of the Censure Debate.

They are determined to make it go bad, in a controlled way

as an excuse to not let a PAD style presence on the ground

become a focus for others to rally to.

No doubt agent provacateurs have been mixed in to do things like;

"removed barbed wire and barriers blocking their way"

Clearly a teargassing offense moving barriers. <Irony.

This has increasingly looked like a government setup of the protestors

to prevent anything bigger, a 'nip it in the bud' appearing strategy,

and to create the 'appearance of Emergency Situation';

to stop protests,

to stop Censure Debate

to lock in greater powers and public control for the Thaksin clan cabinet

Add to this the: Allegations of :

Attempted Thaksin assasignation in Myanmarr

Attempted kidnapping of Yingluck

'Foiled coup attempt last spring...'

( for which not one conspirator has publicly been perp-walked or even mentioned)

All things Thaksin did not successfully do in 2006.

And must do now to meet the control game plan.

This is theater folks where people get hurt to help the narrative move ahead,

just as it happened in 2008, pawns get used to make the liege lords plans advance.

One main reason they are going so far so early is the Pitak Siam leader is an Retired Army General.

That is another reason the ISOC made a Shinawatra Clan police leader as front man.

They are clearly scared to death that the army will back their former general at some point

if push comes to shove and they feel there is public backing, as shown by the public arrival

at the rally site, so they to want to shut it down ASAP.

That old China/English Curse " May you live in interesting times." plays out once again.

Excellent analysis. wai.gif

"He claimed that he learned that police would suppress the protesters at noon and he called on troops to come out to protect the demonstrators."

Rally organiser openly calling for a military revolt ..........?????

How very yellow, as it were.........

The protesters are more or less yellow obviously, not really a surprise if they will come in same theme. Anyway, I hope the government can do their duty this round, which are allowing the freedom of expression, maintaining order and preventing unconstitutional coup.

• Like 1

One thing I am certain of today - not to believe any news reports from the Authorities

From the OP - Blocking their way to what ? the protest site ?

Is this what this disgraceful government is going to do, block protesters from reaching the site and inflame the situation, I thought this would have been peaceful today but now I think the tactic is for the police to stir the trouble - coming from Charlerm it sounds about right

It seems the NO GO area basically surrounds the protest site? So how on earth can they reach the site? This is surely inflaming the situation, as you state? The govt simply does not want the protest to proceed; stupidly thinking protesters will pack up and go home.

Absolute rubbish. There are still two entrances where the police are carrying out orderly and peaceful checks. Stop flaming. The protesters tried to drive a truck through a police line

• Like 2

Pitak Siam leader to decide in three hours whether to continue rally

The Nation

He claimed that he learned that police would suppress the protesters at noon and he called on troops to come out to protect the demonstrators.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 24

The police seem to be playing right into his hands in terms of making the situation worse than it should be. Hopefully the Army will not respond to this call. A coup is the last thing that Thailand needs at this point.

• Like 2

One thing I am certain of today - not to believe any news reports from the Authorities

Is this what this disgraceful government is going to do, block protesters from reaching the site and inflame the situation, I thought this would have been peaceful today but now I think the tactic is for the police to stir the trouble - coming from Charlerm it sounds about right

It seems the NO GO area basically surrounds the protest site? So how on earth can they reach the site? This is surely inflaming the situation, as you state? The govt simply does not want the protest to proceed; stupidly thinking protesters will pack up and go home.

Absolute rubbish. There are still two entrances where the police are carrying out orderly and peaceful checks. Stop flaming. The protesters tried to drive a truck through a police line

Why have so few entrances????? This will just drag out the protest and cause more clashes.

The protesters removed police barriers and then tried to drive a truck, converted to a mobile stage, through a line of police in an attempt to get to an area which had been declared out of bounds.

Well i'm monitoring this by the minute and I haven't seen this information. Please share your source.

• Like 1

Where did you get the information about driving a truck through a police line?

Ridiculous. This does not sound like a protest. Sounds like they have a higher agenda. More immaturity from Thailand. Unfortunately, police are probably warranted in use of force from the sound of things and probably will have to use a lot more force to keep mob mentality in check.

This situation us even more irrational and immature than Israel Gaza. If they don't like Yingluck, they need to wait until next election and not storm the streets.

I like your use of irony.

What a change in behavior from the police in 2010. When it was the red shirts 'protesting', they allowed them to bring in weapons, fuel, bombs, and tires every day for weeks. They were allowed to set up barricades, build fortifications, and plant explosives in nearby building, all without interference from the police. Here they are shooting tear gas the first hour of the protest.

Back then the police chief wasn't appointed by Thaksin, whole different story now.

Interesting that The BIB are pro active. Don't doubt that the fake upholders of democracy will crush this protest, by any means possible, can't have people speaking out against The DL and his puppet government.

yes but unfortunately that is totally the wrong way to handle this situation, if this continues it will degrade rapidly into a huge civil disorder mess, these people have the right to protest they are doing nothing wrong, if they are not allowed to exercise their rights that is very dangerous

I hope you do not think that the BIB have any clue on how to handle this situation

All the know how to do is say "Roy baht" and stick their hand out

The again the cold medicine drinker has probably told them what to do and how to do it

A little bit of trouble makes for good reading and good news.

The Gov't can then blame everything on protestors and say they handled everything prefectly

The man with ear-ache is in charge locally, with a direct line to square face. The pretty is a lovely little thing, perfect announcer. What a lovely party!

"...blocking their route past a UN building close to the main protest site..."

I guess, embassies and other official buildings will be safe- guarded.

No reason to assume that the protesters were blocked on their way to the site...just THIS way!

• Like 2

The protesters removed police barriers and then tried to drive a truck, converted to a mobile stage, through a line of police in an attempt to get to an area which had been declared out of bounds.

I am having trouble finding the source of this truck/mobile stage information, please share this source.