• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police fire tear gas at protesters

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police on Saturday fired tear gas at protesters gathering at Makawan Rangsan Bridge at about 9am.

Police claimed that some protesters wanted to break barricades to join other protesters already inside, so the police had to fire the tear gas to stop the attempt.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 24

Police fired 10 tear gas canisters at a group of demonstrators who removed barbed wire and barriers blocking their way near a UN building, said police spokesman Major General Prawut Thawornsiri.

I wonder if these are the Chinese tear gas canisters that contain shrapnel.

Interesting that The BIB are pro active. Don't doubt that the fake upholders of democracy will crush this protest, by any means possible, can't have people speaking out against The DL and his puppet government.

yes but unfortunately that is totally the wrong way to handle this situation, if this continues it will degrade rapidly into a huge civil disorder mess, these people have the right to protest they are doing nothing wrong, if they are not allowed to exorcise their rights that is very dangerous

Just wait until the Esaan Rambo and his idiots join the fray. Only two hours away I believe it was said.

.... and here we go.

Yep going to be a long day methinks.

Two points:

1. Ten tear gas cannisters way way overboard and in reality did the incident warrant any tear gas at all?

2. The best thing the peak group could do is hold their rally trying hard to not inflame or upset the police. And I have no doubt the willing police (red sympathizers) will have no hesitation to react quickly and strongly. Best to go out of your way to protest but not give the police cause to quickly react.

• Like 1

Pitak Siam leader to decide in three hours whether to continue rally

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pitak Siam leader Gen Boonlert Kaewprasit said he would wait three more hours before evaluating the situation whether to continue the rally following a scuffle between police and protesters.

He urged more people to join the rally and he would ask the demonstrators in three hours whether the protest should continue.

He claimed that he learned that police would suppress the protesters at noon and he called on troops to come out to protect the demonstrators.

nationlogo.jpg

Interesting that The BIB are pro active. Don't doubt that the fake upholders of democracy will crush this protest, by any means possible, can't have people speaking out against The DL and his puppet government.

yes but unfortunately that is totally the wrong way to handle this situation, if this continues it will degrade rapidly into a huge civil disorder mess, these people have the right to protest they are doing nothing wrong, if they are not allowed to exercise their rights that is very dangerous

I hope you do not think that the BIB have any clue on how to handle this situation

All the know how to do is say "Roy baht" and stick their hand out

The again the cold medicine drinker has probably told them what to do and how to do it

A little bit of trouble makes for good reading and good news.

The Gov't can then blame everything on protestors and say they handled everything prefectly

• Like 1

What a change in behavior from the police in 2010. When it was the red shirts 'protesting', they allowed them to bring in weapons, fuel, bombs, and tires every day for weeks. They were allowed to set up barricades, build fortifications, and plant explosives in nearby building, all without interference from the police. Here they are shooting tear gas the first hour of the protest.

Firing tear gas at protestors attempting to remove a BARBED WIRE barrier in order to join the apparantly permitted number of protestors at nine in the morning leaves no doubt how thinly the line has been drawn. Who knows what the standing orders might be to alleviate any 'worse' breach.

The latest article here says that it is planned to suppress the protest at noon. How can it possibly be known yet whether it will need suppressing?

Edited by Songhua

.... and here we go.

Yep going to be a long day methinks.

Two points:

1. Ten tear gas cannisters way way overboard and in reality did the incident warrant any tear gas at all?

2. The best thing the peak group could do is hold their rally trying hard to not inflame or upset the police. And I have no doubt the willing police (red sympathizers) will have no hesitation to react quickly and strongly. Best to go out of your way to protest but not give the police cause to quickly react.

Yes but if they sit there peaceful (or somewhere else where the police decide to block them), they can sit there the next 100 years trying not to provoke the police and nothing will happen (beside a M79 from time to time).

Actually I don't know how to peacefully force the government out. I also don't know how to forcefully force them out.

Recall when the PAD took over government house and 2 airports it did not impress the government....they just wanted to move to Chang Mai.

• Like 1

Police fire tear gas at protesters

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police on Saturday fired tear gas at protesters gathering at Makawan Rangsan Bridge at about 9am.

Police claimed that some protesters wanted to break barricades to join other protesters already inside, so the police had to fire the tear gas to stop the attempt.

nationlogo.jpg

What.

I don't even understand how hypocritical this government can get. Someone should make an infogram detailing the red protest and response compared to this protest and the response. Less than 24 hours, and moving something is not a precedent for tear gas to be fired. Invading a major district by force, and piling up barricades and burning tires, however, is a different situation.

Edited by KinM
  • Like 2

One thing I am certain of today - not to believe any news reports from the Authorities

From the OP - Blocking their way to what ? the protest site ?

Is this what this disgraceful government is going to do, block protesters from reaching the site and inflame the situation, I thought this would have been peaceful today but now I think the tactic is for the police to stir the trouble - coming from Charlerm it sounds about right

It seems the NO GO area basically surrounds the protest site? So how on earth can they reach the site? This is surely inflaming the situation, as you state? The govt simply does not want the protest to proceed; stupidly thinking protesters will pack up and go home.

• Like 2