No Smoking In Bars

alexth

The Public Health Ministry is going all out in its effort to stop smoking among Thais with its comprehensive plans ranging from the ban on small packets of cigarettes to declaring pubs and bars smoking free.

In the future, non-smokers may also be able to seek compensation from cigarette companies if they fell ill because of smoking-filled environment.

We have prepared both short-term and long-term measures to curb smoking, Public Health Minister Pinij Charusombat said.

For the short-term measures, Pinij said his ministry was going to ban the small packets of cigarettes or retailing it singles - not the whole pack - before the end of this year.

By 2008, Pinij said his ministry would declare all pubs, bars and entertainment venues to become smoking free. We will push for necessary legislation, he said.

On the long-term measure, he said his ministry would open a legal channel for smoking victims to sue to cigarette companies for their health damages.

Hmm, if they ban smoking in bars then they will soon have to ban farting.

At least the smokers help to mask the unwelcome emissions of the flatulent polluters... :o

Nothing wrong in fragrantly flavoured flatulence (as long as it is my own emission). :D

Noel you have an interesting avatar. I presume you know the significance of it. Where did you acquire it?

Hmm, if they ban smoking in bars then they will soon have to ban farting.

At least the smokers help to mask the unwelcome emissions of the flatulent polluters... :o

Nothing wrong in fragrantly flavoured flatulence (as long as it is my own emission). :D

Noel you have an interesting avatar. I presume you know the significance of it. Where did you acquire it?

Yes, you presume correctly Chopper.

Unwise to be too specific methinks, let's just say I have some 'interesting' Thai friends... :D

Yes, you presume correctly Chopper.

Unwise to be too specific methinks, let's just say I have some 'interesting' Thai friends... :D

You are dead on the money there. (No pun intended). :D:o

I've just heard that in England, smoking was just banned anywhere except home...bars, pubs, clubs, etc...is that a new fashion? What about Amsterdam??? This is incredible, some countries aloow the consume of Marijuana while the others ban smoking in all it's means. This is crazy...

I've just heard that in England, smoking was just banned anywhere except home...bars, pubs, clubs, etc...is that a new fashion? What about Amsterdam??? This is incredible, some countries aloow the consume of Marijuana while the others ban smoking in all it's means. This is crazy...

banned in discos/pubs too!! :o

Yeah, it was on the news, maybe some brits could enlighten us about this matter

Yeah, it was on the news, maybe some brits could enlighten us about this matter

Not banned yet.

The bill still has to clear the House of Lords.

and...

In California a new law will ban smoking in all public areas of the city including parks, sidewalks and outdoor businesses, and will take effect by the middle of March, city officials said.

from: http://www.theacorn.com/news/2006/0209/Front_page/001.html

Edited by donkeykong