Crocodile Farm And Stone Park - Entrance Fee?

pattayadingo

Looking about, I see the crocodile and million year stone park, but can find no entrance fee. Does anyone know what the fee is for Thai and for us foreigners, please?

Anybody been there recently and is it a place worth visiting for a day or a half day out?

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't remember the exact figures but when I went a couple of months ago I think it was either 100 or 150 Baht for Thais and as a foreigner, if you are a resident and have a Thai driving license, you pay the Thai rate. There is a 2-tiered pricing system but I did not notice the full foreigner price.

I think it's great value at the Thai price and is definitely worth a half-day visit, especially if you have kids.

The Million-Year Stone Park and Crocodile Farm is at number 22/2 Moo 1, Tambon Nong Pta Lai, Bang Lamung, which is located approximately 9 kilometers from Pattaya City. This is an other popular attraction with Thai and foreign tourists. Covering a large area, the compound comprises rock gardens and a botanical of rare plants and beautifully landscaped grounds. Interesting sights include, for example, fossilized plants over a million years in age, 200-year-old Thai style bonsai, crocodile pools and a collection of rare animals such as albino bears, elephants and horses. Crocodile round-ups, magic performances and animal shows run 6 times a day from 11.00 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.

Opening Hours: Daily from 08.00 a.m. - 05.00 p.m., the admission fee is 300 baht

Additional Information: may be obtained by calling (038) 249347-9 (Pattaya) or Bangkok office, Tel: (02) 579 4008, 579 5033.

It's a great place if one enjoys seeing crocodiles being dragged around by their tails, provoked with sticks and treated as objects of fun.

The drugged tiger that visitors can pose with is an absolute disgrace. Anyone with feelings for animal welfare should steer clear.

Just my 0.02p.

• Like 1

It's a great place if one enjoys seeing crocodiles being dragged around by their tails, provoked with sticks and treated as objects of fun.

The drugged tiger that visitors can pose with is an absolute disgrace. Anyone with feelings for animal welfare should steer clear.

Just my 0.02p.

Have you been? I have & yes it's pretty shit that most if not all of the animals are more "wired" than the late Amy Winehouse...?It must pass some sort of international law though to be allowed to operate?

Just my 0.02p.

Have you been? I have & yes it's pretty shit that most if not all of the animals are more "wired" than the late Amy Winehouse...?It must pass some sort of international law though to be allowed to operate?

Yes, I went there in late 2007 when I was living in Pattaya and my GF and I left after half an hour. That magnificent tiger looked like a cat just back from the vets. The tosser holding its chain kept yanking it to keep it awake and 'smiling' for the cameras. It was degrading. bah.gif

I don't think Thailand has signed-up to any international standards on animal welfare but I might be wrong. I know the OP is asking about 'now' but I doubt anything much has changed.

Keep in mind this is not a zoo but rather a farm. You are paying to visit a farm where the crocks are being bred and raised to be slaughtered.

Again, this is not a zoo that is about taking care of animals or displaying them in their natural habitat.

Would be like going to a chicken farm and complaining at how the chickens were being treated.

Edited by Jayman

Keep in mind this is not a zoo but rather a farm. You are paying to visit a farm where the crocks are being bred and raised to be slaughtered.

Again, this is not a zoo that is about taking care of animals or displaying them in their natural habitat.

Would be like going to a chicken farm and complaining at how the chickens were being treated.

I'm perfectly well aware it's a farm, where did I say it was a zoo? It doesn't deny the degrading way the animals are treated before slaughter for the amusement of paying visitors. If you have no compassion for animals being abused then that's a pity.

Your comparison to a chicken farm is off base. In many civilised countries people do complain about poor animal husbandry and conditions have been improved because of public pressure. I see you ignored the issue of the tiger, bit tricky trying to justify that one.whistling.gif

I'm perfectly well aware it's a farm, where did I say it was a zoo? It doesn't deny the degrading way the animals are treated before slaughter for the amusement of paying visitors. If you have no compassion for animals being abused then that's a pity.

Your comparison to a chicken farm is off base. In many civilised countries people do complain about poor animal husbandry and conditions have been improved because of public pressure. I see you ignored the issue of the tiger, bit tricky trying to justify that one.whistling.gif

I'm not trying to justify any of it. But you might need to change your expectations a bit when visiting a farm in Thailand and expecting the animals will be treated well.

I don't agree with how they treat the animals there at all. I think the place it quite the sham. I think it's a shame how all the tigers are kept not just the 1 you mention. Also, all the bears and lets not even discuss the elephants.

If you want to visit a real zoo where the animals are treated with a bit more respect, try the khao keow zoo. Much better and even cheaper.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

Plenty of differing views on this place. Yet with so few places to visit in the area it might well be worth a look. Not neccessarily to look at the animals but as a place to stroll about for a day or an afternoon.

I do have a Thai DL so that would not be a problem.

And thanks for the interesting replies. It is always helpful to have information on a place from those who have been.

Plenty of differing views on this place. Yet with so few places to visit in the area it might well be worth a look. Not neccessarily to look at the animals but as a place to stroll about for a day or an afternoon.

I do have a Thai DL so that would not be a problem.

And thanks for the interesting replies. It is always helpful to have information on a place from those who have been.

The grounds are certainly nice to walk around. It's not far from where we live so I'll take my 5 year old there every now and again and he can play in the playgound they have there. We tend to stay away from the caged animals but he likes to feed the fish and if dad's feeling generous we even put a chicken on a stick and feed the crocs.