Hotel Or Condo With Separate Living Area

irlguy1

Hi everyone

I need some help finding a place close to Central Festival/ Soi Diana in Pattaya for two weeks. It needs to have a separate bedroom and living area with kitchen or kitchenette and a pool. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have already looked at the Lk group so any others would be great thanks.

Edited by irlguy1

As mentioned, a 1-bed in VT6 would suit though it could be a bit pricey at this time of year. The ones that have a view of the sea rather than of Central's air-conditioners certainly wont be cheap. I've seen 1-bed units in Diana Estates on Soi Buakow that are quite nice and should be a fair bit cheaper, if any are available. Easy walking distance to Central and the beach and Soi Diana.

Vt6 is booked out ....

Are you sure? There is no single letting agency for this building, just dozens of individual owners letting our their property via many different agents or even, in some cases, privately without using an agent at all.

The same applies to Diana Estates and indeed just about every condo building in town.

Vt6 is booked out ....

Are you sure? There is no single letting agency for this building, just dozens of individual owners letting our their property via many different agents or even, in some cases, privately without using an agent at all.

The same applies to Diana Estates and indeed just about every condo building in town.

I looked via Dancewatchers and two google searces and all were fully booked. I am a bit apprehensive of booking with an indidual owner but if anyone has a contact that they have used I would appreciate it.

Likewise with Diana Estates.

Thanks

I looked via Dancewatchers and two google searces and all were fully booked. I am a bit apprehensive of booking with an indidual owner but if anyone has a contact that they have used I would appreciate it.

Dancewatchers is very popular, but very expensive also and they dont have that many units. I understand your unwillingness to deal directly with owners, and there are indeed some real crooks out there.

Could you email a load of real estate agents and ask if they have anything in VT6 for the period you want? I'm sure that one of them will come up with something, though it wont be cheap at this time of year. Of course they may also have some other building that would suit you.

Diana Estates has at least two rental agencies on site both handling quite a lot of rooms, or at least they did the last time I looked. One works from the cafe and one is called "Soleil de Siam" or something similar. Worth trying both if you haven't already done so. Room quality is variable but some are very nice.

Newer buildings like Avenue Residence or City Garden would be within the distance you want also. Try this site: www.pattayacondoguide.com which has a lot of rental ads from many agents, and shows the location of the buildings also. They may have one-month minimum term though.

Dancewatchers is very popular, but very expensive also and they dont have that many units. I understand your unwillingness to deal directly with owners, and there are indeed some real crooks out there.

Could you email a load of real estate agents and ask if they have anything in VT6 for the period you want? I'm sure that one of them will come up with something, though it wont be cheap at this time of year. Of course they may also have some other building that would suit you.

Diana Estates has at least two rental agencies on site both handling quite a lot of rooms, or at least they did the last time I looked. One works from the cafe and one is called "Soleil de Siam" or something similar. Worth trying both if you haven't already done so. Room quality is variable but some are very nice.

Newer buildings like Avenue Residence or City Garden would be within the distance you want also. Try this site: www.pattayacondoguide.com which has a lot of rental ads from many agents, and shows the location of the buildings also. They may have one-month minimum term though.

Really appreciate the input

gonna have a look but so far all the agencies are minimum six month rental :(

Avenue residence is a lot more expensive than Dancewatchers so far from what I have found but I havnt heard about city garden so fingers crossed.

gonna have a look but so far all the agencies are minimum six month rental

It's understandable that agencies that are not actually situated in the building wont want to sell a couple of weeks rental. So you could look for agencies that are situated in the building you want to stay in. For example, in many popular buildings there are 2 or 3 small Thai agencies (often combined as minimarts, laundries or cleaning services) that will handle weekly and even daily rentals. Of course they dont have much of an online presence and without actually visiting them it's hard to know what they have. Do you have a friend here who could do some leg-work for you?

I found a couple of owners doing short term rentals the only problem is they all use Swift money transfer which I have never used before. I usually use western union and PayPal. Does anyone know how safe it is.

Thanks

Swift is a way of making international interbank transfers. No transfer system is more reliable or secure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Worldwide_Interbank_Financial_Telecommunication

As the recipient has to have a bank account it also means that they probably provided ID to their bank in order to get one. You may get some feeling of security from this.

I would never send money by Western Union: all the scammers use that as it is largely untraceable. PayPal is a little better.

No money transfer system offers any buyer protection for transactions like this, as far as I know. In some parts of Europe it is quite common these days for expensive "phantom" properties to be booked and paid for but on arrival the tenant finds out that they either do not exist or are owned by someone other than the person to whom they transferred the rent payment.

Hopefully everything is ok. It's really difficult trusting people when you haven't met them.

If it's any consolation, it's a two-way street. The owner doesn't know you either, and trusts you won't destroy the unit. smile.png

• Like 1

If it's any consolation, it's a two-way street. The owner doesn't know you either, and trusts you won't destroy the unit.

The owner does have the benefit of getting the payment up-front and taking a deposit and a photocopy of the tenant's passport. The odds are heavily skewed in his favour.

When the tenant sends off his money in advance he probably doesnt have a clue who it is going to, and cant even be sure that the place exists at all.

And in some rental condos I've seen here the quality is so poor that a 1-month deposit would easily cover renewing it all, and probably repainting the place as well.