Walking From Phra Khanong To On Nut. Possible?

beachroadlover2

Hi Beachroad.. there is a covered footbridge about 20 meters on the left side as you head over the road bridge.. you take the pedestian exit stairs as you walk up the incline of the raod bridge - then down the stairs and past the river taxi dock - over the river on the footbrdige and it puts you on the others side of the river to continue on the footpath .. If you want a really good cheap adventure - take the river taxi down to Srinakarinda 30 minutes along the klongs cost about 20 baht return... get out at the only destination stopping point - wait for the boat to reverse around (10 minutes) - then back up to Onnuch jetty) fascinating trip. great way to kill 90 minutes.

this is google earth showing the bridge overlaid in red - which is actually easily visible from the road.

post-67715-0-77211300-1353995597_thumb.p

Edited by cattoc
  • Like 1

You can walk along the right side as well (ie south side of the road).

I did this walk the other day, took about 25 minutes, although I wasn't really in a hurry.

I've been going over that bridge for 14 years... forgot there is a footpath on the southside.. Duh!

There are also some stairs by the side of the main bridge (keep on walking towards the canal on the market side). Go up the stairs which will bring you out by the expressway turn off. Walk a little bit further along the footpath and you will find some more stairs and go down those, voila. You are across the canal and on your way to Onnut. Cattoc's way also works but it depends on where you are coming from as to which would be better.

I did this walk the other day, took about 25 minutes, although I wasn't really in a hurry.

I've been going over that bridge for 14 years... forgot there is a footpath on the southside.. Duh!

post-67715-0-08502200-1354119700_thumb.jpost-67715-0-63678500-1354119712_thumb.j

heres proof... the one on the right shows the footbridge... clearly visible..

the other on the left shows the footpath on the other side that SeavisionBurma... or was that KlongvisionOnnuch uses on his daily constitutional

Edited by cattoc
  • Like 1

post-67715-0-08502200-1354119700_thumb.jpost-67715-0-63678500-1354119712_thumb.j

the other on the left shows the footpath on the other side that SeavisionBurma... or was that KlongvisionOnnuch uses on his daily constitutional

You see that couple to the right of the second picture, they have just come up the steps at the side of the expressway turn off. If you look carefully, the start of the steps appears at the gentleman's left shoulder. They will walk a bit further on over the canal and come to the steps at the side of Prakanong bridge (on the Prakanong side) and go down those.

Altogether three ways across. Spoiled for choice. biggrin.png

I must admit that in my nearly thirty years in Prakanong district I can only recall using the footbridge once and don't recall ever walking over Prakanong Bridge on the south side. It appears that I have become, unwittingly, a creature of habit in my perambulations. I shall have to try the other routes for another view of the area.

You see that couple to the right of the second picture, they have just come up the steps at the side of the expressway turn off. If you look carefully, the start of the steps appears at the gentleman's left shoulder. They will walk a bit further on over the canal and come to the steps at the side of Prakanong bridge (on the Prakanong side) and go down those.

Altogether three ways across. Spoiled for choice. biggrin.png

I must admit that in my nearly thirty years in Prakanong district I can only recall using the footbridge once and don't recall ever walking over Prakanong Bridge on the south side. It appears that I have become, unwittingly, a creature of habit in my perambulations. I shall have to try the other routes for another view of the area.

WELL

OILED

BEEF

HOOKED

(you have to say that with an Irish accent!)

I did not even see the foot path on the other side either where the two people are walking..... there was never a footpath before they widened it,... hmm maybe its a photoshopped footpath

Edited by cattoc

Since I recently acquired a condo that overlooks that area (Diamond Sukhumvit) as my bolt hole form the Issan family village and since there are clearly some local experts on here, can anyone telll me if there is a public waterbus on that klong? I seem to recall some sort of public pier near the Western end of that footbridge when I walked it a couple of years ago when checking out the area prior to purchase, but i investigated no further than that at the time.

Since I recently acquired a condo that overlooks that area (Diamond Sukhumvit) as my bolt hole form the Issan family village and since there are clearly some local experts on here, can anyone telll me if there is a public waterbus on that klong? I seem to recall some sort of public pier near the Western end of that footbridge when I walked it a couple of years ago when checking out the area prior to purchase, but i investigated no further than that at the time.

Yes there is. See Cattoc's post #2 above.

there is a fourth way to walk (and drive) between Onnut and Phrakhanong, using a new bridge:

its easy to find from Onnut, so I will describe it starting from Onnut:

go into Sukhumvit Soi 77, past BigC, turn left between The Blocs (finished) and The Base (not yet finished)

pass the bridge over the Khlong and arrive under the expressway, turn left, pass under the expressway, turn left again and you are in Pidi 4