Living In Udon, Thinking Of Relocating To Chiang Mai

gudtymchuk

After a little more than 2 years living in Isarn am considering a move to Chiang Mai. I would really appreciate anyone who has lived in Udonthani or surrounding area before living in Chiang Mai who could give me an honest and constructive comparison of the two places and whether it is a reasonably good idea. Thanks in advance.

heheeh No the cost of living isn't like Bangkok, Chiang mai is reasonable but like any place in Thailand you can spend as much as you want depending what your life style is. Eating thai food always cheap eating western style can be expensive

• Like 1

heheeh No the cost of living isn't like Bangkok, Chiang mai is reasonable but like any place in Thailand you can spend as much as you want depending what your life style is. Eating thai food always cheap eating western style can be expensive

I agree with Moe666. Lived in Bangkok 2 years and after comparing various factors including housing costs (rent or buy) have decided to relocate to Chiang Mai. Also, the air pollution problem in Chiang Mai is primarily during the farmers burning the fields around March. In Bangkok air pollution in my experience is a year round problem with exhaust fumes. Have only visited Udon Thani so this is probably little help to the OP's query,,, sad.png

I agree with Moe666. Lived in Bangkok 2 years and after comparing various factors including housing costs (rent or buy) have decided to relocate to Chiang Mai. Also, the air pollution problem in Chiang Mai is primarily during the farmers burning the fields around March. In Bangkok air pollution in my experience is a year round problem with exhaust fumes. Have only visited Udon Thani so this is probably little help to the OP's query,,, sad.png

After several hours searching different real estate websites I can assure anyone who is interested that housing, both rent and buy, in Udon is very much in line with the same in Chiang Mai. I am presently paying 10,000 baht for an average size house outside the ring road here in Udon. But housing prices are increasing very rapidly. As an example, I looked at a new housing mooban about one year ago. At that time the low end single story, 2 bed, 2 bath on approx 80 sq. Wah was priced at 1.2 m. Same house, same mooban today is priced at 1.7 m baht. An approx 40% price increase in less than a year. Most are speculating in advance of the ASEAN AEC as Udon is supposedly squarely in the trading path between BKK and China. Really don't want to be around if the prediction in growth becomes a reality thus my inquiry about Chiang Mai... But appears not many members have left Udon for the North of Thailand.