Fast Feed Diet

mpdkorat

There's so many of these silly diet ideas floating around. You can still get fat on a diet like that. It's not difficult to eat 2 days worth of calories if you really go for it. Also if you binge there's more chance you'll get lazy and just sit around and burn less calories.

I've been doing it for two months now and lost 12 kg. I find that it is more difficult to eat a lot on the eat what you want days, as I do not have the appetite I one had, plus I tell myself remember you are on a diet. I have 28 more kg's to lose to get to the weight I was when I was 18, and that's my goal.

Good that its working, but your weight loss will slow down. That is only normal part of the loss now is not fat at all but a shift in how much water your holding and stumack content. That is always the fast loss at the start of a "diet".

Question is once you reach your goal are you going to celebrate and eat all the things you like or be more sensible with food. Else you get the yoyo effect, because you haven't corrected the errors you made before.

• Like 1

Good that its working, but your weight loss will slow down. That is only normal part of the loss now is not fat at all but a shift in how much water your holding and stumack content. That is always the fast loss at the start of a "diet".

Question is once you reach your goal are you going to celebrate and eat all the things you like or be more sensible with food. Else you get the yoyo effect, because you haven't corrected the errors you made before.

Your comments are partly the reason I started this thread. I was hoping someone else had used this method and I would let me know how they got on.

The next month will be interesting in just how much I will lose.

With regard to you final comment I hope that does not happen lol

Edited by mpdkorat

Its not just that method, its all methods, they will give less benefits in the end. The reason being that even fat burns some calories and carying it around all day also burns calories. Sometimes even the rate of burning off calories decreases if you really starve yourself.

So in short first you go fast and it will slow down, plus the other two reasons i mentioned.

Don't feel bad i was like you wanting it as fast as possible (i still want that) but after 11 months of loosing weight and seeing it stall and go again i learned to be a bit more patient.

Problem is the moment you start to loose weight you want it off as fast as possible, forgetting that you could loose muscle too (bad as they burn calories too) and forgetting it took years to get so fat you cant just loose it in a few months.

Other thing, really diets wont work if you don't change your ways. You will be gaining it all back, if you want to loose weight change your life style and keep it like that. Its not fun, its hard, but its the only way. You will have to give up some things to stay lean. I cant sugar coat it.

• Like 1

Ex-Kaaskop I wasn''t feeling bad about what you said, this is the first time I have really tried to lose this weight, which like you said took me years to accumulate. Sharing this is probably a little like being in group therapy, which again I have never tried before. Its interesting hearing yours and other people experience. It's a not eat day today and I'm hungry LOL...

I hope you can keep it up. Losing weight can be hard at timeds.

Very hard if you have to go without food every 2nd 24 hour period. That sounds like one of the most extreme methods to me. Going hungry can also severely affect your mood.

Remember that BBC documentary where the lady was not allowed to eat for a day. It affected her driving and general ability to concentrate and made her grumpy.

I do that naturally but not regularly, I don't do it to try to lose weight, but my weight is practically always the same no matter what. I will usually go to Sizzler and do the all you can eat salad bar. 179 baht, Then I don't eat for the rest of that day or the next. Then I revert back to eating "normally". Normal for me is usually never eating breakfast. The "breakfast is the most important meal" of the day philosophy just seems so flawed logically.

I do that naturally but not regularly, I don't do it to try to lose weight, but my weight is practically always the same no matter what. I will usually go to Sizzler and do the all you can eat salad bar. 179 baht, Then I don't eat for the rest of that day or the next. Then I revert back to eating "normally". Normal for me is usually never eating breakfast. The "breakfast is the most important meal" of the day philosophy just seems so flawed logically.

Tell me why its flawed ? You just woke up your body did not have food for a long time. Just because it does not work you does not mean its invalid. Could you find something to back your claims up i like to learn more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

The "breakfast is the most important meal" of the day philosophy just seems so flawed logically.

Why is it logically flawed? Assuming a person hasn't eaten for at least 2 hours before bedtime and sleeps 8 hours, then spends some time waking up, that's around 11 hours the body hasn't had food.

It would seem logical that it is the most important meal of the day. It's the one meal you really need to get right. It's one meal where you should work on getting a decent serve of protein and essential fats. Get it right and you'll kick start your day. Get it wrong and you'll start off sluggish.

For me there's no doubt it's the most important meal of the day - equal with my post workout meal.

Tell me why its flawed ? You just woke up your body did not have food for a long time. Just because it does not work you does not mean its invalid. Could you find something to back your claims up i like to learn more.

LOL. We posted nearly the same 2 minutes apart.

Edited by tropo

I got the idea for this diet from the BBC Horizon program: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549 Yes you do get grumpy at first but you eventually get used to it. The fast days do not bother me much now. I do not stick to it 100%, but very nearly do. I'm determined to lose this weight. Its quite easy to get this program from from piratebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Good keep it up its worth it.

Perhaps, but as you know, it's not unusual to fluctuate 1.5kg in one day. I usually wake up 1.5 kg lighter (after taking a dump) in the morning compared to just before sleep.

The only way to see a true downward trend is to take daily measurements in order to smooth out peaks and troughs.

Edited by tropo

Good keep it up its worth it.

Perhaps, but as you know, it's not unusual to fluctuate 1.5kg in one day. I usually wake up 1.5 kg lighter (after taking a dump) in the morning compared to just before sleep.

The only way to see a true downward trend is to take daily measurements in order to smooth out peaks and troughs.

I agree about the fluctuations in weight. I am also about a kg or more lighter in the morning.

Also day to day does have its changes looking at it every day and observing the trent does help.