Lost And Found For Songthaews In Cm?

squarethecircle

I know this is a bit of a stretch...

But somewhere between on the way to CM from Chiang Rai, I lost a small zippered bag with a collection of essential oils worth a couple of hundred dollars; it fell out of my sidebag. I took local bus from Chiang Rai to Wiang Pa Pao (the nicer Green Bus has had crazy drivers the two times I've ridden it...), yellow songthaew from Wiang Pa Pao to Chang Phueak bus station, and red songthaew from there to the Arcade bus station, where I bordered an overnight bus to BKK on Nahkonchai Air. I noticed on this bus that my bag had fallen out.

I wonder if this is basically a lost cause trying to find my lost property. Is there some sort of central lost-and-found in CM that a songthaew driver would turn a tourist's lost property into? Or would they see the English writing on the side of the bag and realize it was mine (the only westerner I saw on any of these buses or songthaews), figure I was gone, and throw it out?

I thought it may have fallen out somewhere on the overnight bus to BKK, but neither the bus company or terminal had come across my item - so it must be somewhere in between CR and CM, most likely on the way to the dump. But if there's some sort of way I can get the items back that would be nice, as otherwise I basically have to go back to Farangland to replace them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.