Problem, Tourist Visa Validity Less Than 90 Days

I'm scheduled to leave US on Dec 1.(Less than 2 days) Just now noticed My tourist visa was issued sept. 26, 2012 and is valid for only 60 days (says) must be used by 26 nov. 2012. My plane tickets are for a 60 day stay.

The info I got from Thai consulate in LA states the visa is valid for 3 months for issue date.

Is my visa now expired?

So What are my options?

Buy a one-way ticket on www.airasia.com from, say, Hat Yai to Kuala Lamphur, if you try some different dates in December you should come up with a non-refundable ticket for a tad less than bant 1,000, about $33.

That will let the airline allow you to board as you have a ticket out of Thailand within the 30-day period permitted by the Visa Exempt chop at BKK.

Then while you're here, do a border run or two, depending on where you'll be visiting in Thailand.

Mac

Unless I am missing something your Visa has already expired.

(Applied much too early)

looks like the Consulate made a mistake with the validity date.

Unless you can get another Visa today it looks like you are at the mercy of the airline check in staff.

At worst you can do as said in the post above.

Are you 100% sure that the Visa expires 26th November?

yes it is written on the visa the issue date and the use by date.

I think I might have to do as suggested by thanyaburi and "bite the bullet" book a ticket to KUL

I had to delay by 1 week my leave date because my house was broken into and needed to file police reports and home insurance claim

yes it is written on the visa the issue date and the use by date.

I think I might have to do as suggested by thanyaburi and "bite the bullet" book a ticket to KUL

I had to delay by 1 week my leave date because my house was broken into and needed to file police reports and home insurance claim

Around new year, shouldn't be a busy time, from Hat Yai to KL. Means 1000 Baht is a good guess, methinks

And because a international ticket is ~900 Baht airport charges and fees (700 is 'leaving thailand tax'), there is a chance, to get some money back.

Never not used a flight, here, but I think, I read about this. In TV, not long ago. There is a handling charge, ~ 200 Baht or so, and no refund of the 'ticket' price. But you should get minimum the 700 Baht leaving fee.

Edit:Easy to find, under refundable ticket, #16 + #17:

http://www.thaivisa....airline-ticket/

Edited by noob7