Macbook Air 11&13"

taninthai

It might be faster and easier to order direct from the Thai online Mac store... In Samui, the locals Mac stores seem to bring in shipments about once a month, so it could depend on date of ordering!

That would also save two trips to Phuket....I'm surprised Krabi does not have an Ibeats or BananaIT store (both same parent company)....

If you order say on Monday, you should have it Thursday or Friday... (you can track the shipment on line) Never had a problem, taxes etc included, so no duty to pay on arrival.... Come from Singapore or Hong Kong...

Just know what exactly you want included... i 5 or i7 processor etc... click the options.... wink.png

^

yeah been looking on thai apple site I thought they were already in Thailand and shipped from within country says 2 days delivery time.

There is only one shop in telco lotus that stocks apple stuff ,however I think they just order online and obviously sell with little Mark up,I think if they had them in stock they would be all boxed and sealed and they won't let you open them to compare unless you buy,so yes it looks like apple store is the only way to go

Thanks for replies

^

yeah been looking on thai apple site I thought they were already in Thailand and shipped from within country says 2 days delivery time.

There is only one shop in telco lotus that stocks apple stuff ,however I think they just order online and obviously sell with little Mark up,I think if they had them in stock they would be all boxed and sealed and they won't let you open them to compare unless you buy,so yes it looks like apple store is the only way to go

Thanks for replies

According to my local store there is no mark up....(I have heard that before) I think they work on a "kick back" system, that was an issue some stores in Canada had with Mac stuff too... so think same world wide.. Just make sure the store has the official Authorized dealer sign...

But by using the web site, prices you have a bench mark figure.... just make sure you write down each item you add.... so you are comparing "Apples with Apples" Hard drive size, processor etc etc... It all depends on what you are going to be doing with it.... Looking at it is not going to make a pile of difference of what's inside .... are there no display models at that shop.... 11 or 13" ?

I have my 11"Air connected to the Thunderbolt display, when using at home... good size when traveling! ( I don't recommend the Thunderbolt display, there are better monitors if you are looking for image quality, out there, well in BKK anyway!)

Ships within 2 days, I think is what they say, does not mean arrives in two days...rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png ( but is pretty good... it would get held up on a week end too! wink.png )

Ah so you actually have one great ,my story been toying with buying iPad for a while then I saw these mac book air and since I have been using the wifes spare laptop for three years I don't even have my own laptop ,I thought the 11 inch air will be much better for me, I only use for general things email,web browsing updating our website etc is it worth upgrading to 8 gb ram

Some concerns are the short 5 hr battery life ,no sd card slot ,and no cd drive although hardly use sd slot and cd drive so more just battery life.

Only really wanted to compare sizes really see what 13" is like to carry around ,suppose I could just go and compare any brand though for this.

I might phone up Phuket and if they have in stock maybe be worth driving over there to purchase

Edited by taninthai

Ah so you actually have one great ,my story been toying with buying iPad for a while then I saw these mac book air and since I have been using the wifes spare laptop for three years I don't even have my own laptop ,I thought the 11 inch air will be much better for me, I only use for general things email,web browsing updating our website etc is it worth upgrading to 8 gb ram

Some concerns are the short 5 hr battery life ,no sd card slot ,and no cd drive although hardly use sd slot and cd drive so more just battery life.

Only really wanted to compare sizes really see what 13" is like to carry around ,suppose I could just go and compare any brand though for this.

I might phone up Phuket and if they have in stock maybe be worth driving over there to purchase

I had an Ipad, I did not like it, so sold it to Russians who paid me what I paid for it...thumbsup.gif much more expensive there with taxes ... (3 g issue here on Samui, but now seems better, but other things too!! all the "app" crap stuff, I guess I am too old fashion!!! wink.png )

As for sd slot, you can buy one pretty cheap, plug into usb port .... CD thingy, is an add on which you can order .... I would recommend a cooler pad under the Mac Air, some you can buy with extra usb ports..thumbsup.gif

Surrathanni city closer than Phuket from you, if memory serves me, from my last visit to Krabi! But perhaps Phuket more interesting...??? .whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Ok I'm convinced I want one yep surrathani better one straight road ,I try to avoid Phuket at all costs so I take it Surathani city has an apple shop will try and find their contact details probably better asking that question in samui forum

Thanks for help and replies I will go online see what specs I want.

Ok I'm convinced I want one yep surrathani better one straight road ,I try to avoid Phuket at all costs so I take it Surathani city has an apple shop will try and find their contact details probably better asking that question in samui forum

Thanks for help and replies I will go online see what specs I want.

I sent you a PM !!!

Little up date popped to tesco lotus to check in the shop that sells iPhones ,it is actually an I-beat shop but only sells iPads and iPhones.

Another poster pointed me in the direction of surrathanni they have a new central shopping mall which has an I-studio which should have quite a bit of stock so two choices from krabi for apple gear Phuket or surat