Birth Certificate?

pokoal2000

HI

There is a girl in our village 14 years old and does not have an ID card. She is worried about it and asks us what she can do. Apparently her mother was a shameful when the girl was born, because she had no father and she did not register her daughter birth. So they have no birth certificate. Any idea what can she do about it?

I just got a delayed birth certificate last week, but had to go thru the Thai nationality section of the RTP, who sent me and my mother to the Royal Thai Police hospital for a DNA test to show my mother and I were related. After the test was done, the results were sent to the amphur my mother is registered, and they added me to the tabien baan, and issued me a Thai ID card. My mother didn't register me when I wAs born either. Hopefully she doesn't have to go thru all that. Good luck.

Per above post by Sburdic.

If it is a small community where everyone knows eachother it might be enough if teh village headman testifies that the girl is her mothers daughter or if the hospital has a record of the birth, the headmaster of the school could also be of help.

• Like 1