Satellite Help Needed

ShopBoy

i need to get some help on satellite installation.

i want to receive channels from the Skynindo and channels from the local thai tv stations be it PSI, IPM or any local system.

am i able to just install a dish and still receive both or i must install separate dish for it.

understood that a movable dish might be a option but i am worried about the maintenance of the movable dish as i don't get great feedback on it.

Yes, suggest a separate C-band dish to receive Skynindo.

Satellite spread, example;

Thaicom 5 at 78.5°E C-band & ku band (many Thai Channels)

Azimuth & elevation in Bangkok, Thailand: 239.6° & 59.9°

NSS 6 at 95.0°E ku-band (IPM)

Azimuth & elevation in Bangkok, Thailand: 202.1° & 72.6°

Palapa D at 113.0°E C-band (Skynindo)

Azimuth & elevation in Bangkok, Thailand: 137.0° & 68.3°

Duos, two or more satellite LNB on one dish, are possible when the satellites are close together (a few degrees). And, a large dish helps. Not easy.

At the moment there are a few recent FTA channels on Skynindo. And, usually, almost all Skynindo channels will be available free from midnight Saturday, or midnight Sunday, to midnight on Monday.

Cheers

Yes, suggest a separate C-band dish to receive Skynindo.

Satellite spread, example;

Thaicom 5 at 78.5°E C-band & ku band (many Thai Channels)

Azimuth & elevation in Bangkok, Thailand: 239.6° & 59.9°

NSS 6 at 95.0°E ku-band (IPM)

Azimuth & elevation in Bangkok, Thailand: 202.1° & 72.6°

Palapa D at 113.0°E C-band (Skynindo)

Azimuth & elevation in Bangkok, Thailand: 137.0° & 68.3°

Duos, two or more satellite LNB on one dish, are possible when the satellites are close together (a few degrees). And, a large dish helps. Not easy.

At the moment there are a few recent FTA channels on Skynindo. And, usually, almost all Skynindo channels will be available free from midnight Saturday, or midnight Sunday, to midnight on Monday.

Cheers

hi 20baht so it would be possible to fix Palapa D and one of the Thai Sat onto one dish. Most of the sat technicians say not possible and advise me to fix up 2 dish which i do not want it.

which is the best combinations would you recommend and what is the exact items that i would need.

I guess palapa and nss6 (ipm) might be possible on one dish, but skynindo uses the black mesh dishes and they are not much good for ku-band signals (ipm).

Getting an lnb positioned for best reception out of focus (when the dish is not pointing to the satellite) is almost an art and needs a lot of patience to get right...

Universal prime focus ku lnb's (what you would need on a black mesh dish) almost cost as much as a complete offset dish/lnb...

I would also advice on 2 dishes, the ipm one can be a small 65cm offset dish anyway, easy to install somewhere out of sight...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Forget dishes, get an IPTV internet box for 7k.

If you have broadband already, it's much less effort and no setup.

You're always depending on others, hoping they don't get shut down.

Ipm, augmented with FTA air channels is 100% secure...

True just spent 100's of millions upgrading their systems to get rid of those pirate boxes, and one can assume they're not best pleased with those iptv boxes popping up!

• Like 1

not much free to view on IPM though it is a paytv network like skynindo - instantly 2 set top boxes required ,,

What do you suggest Jsat ?

Priority would be the Skynindo and i would love to get the Thai channels as well in one dish if possible.

Doesn't mind 2 box

Edited by ShopBoy

If you still intend to try the duo LNB, and since you are talking to Thai techs, then this Thai website can provide technical information;

http://www.asatellite.com/a/duo.php?duo_sat_main=Palapa+D&la=16.43&lo=103.50&n=N&e=E

This chart shows the Palapa D (Skynindo) as the primary LNB, and then you can see the LNB placement for a duo.

As said, not easy. Only, professional techs will do it. And, as Monty says, IPM can be received on a small ku-band dish.

Also, as usual, at midnight last night (Sunday) Skynindo went FTA. Watching ASN now. Will probably go encrypted again at midnight.

Cheers

If you still intend to try the duo LNB, and since you are talking to Thai techs, then this Thai website can provide technical information;

http://www.asatellit...=103.50&n=N&e=E

This chart shows the Palapa D (Skynindo) as the primary LNB, and then you can see the LNB placement for a duo.

As said, not easy. Only, professional techs will do it. And, as Monty says, IPM can be received on a small ku-band dish.

Also, as usual, at midnight last night (Sunday) Skynindo went FTA. Watching ASN now. Will probably go encrypted again at midnight.

Cheers

20baht thanks for the link. it helps

have a question can the 2 LNB link into one cable into the house or it have to be separate cable ?

if single cable is ok what is needed to link the duo LNB to one cable.

Can over a single cable, you need to feed both lnb's into a diseq switch and set up your receiver accordingly.

Only works for one single receiver this way.

i will have 2 receiver in the house.

1 Skynindo

1 GMM

does that mean i need to run 2 cable into the house ?

Yes you will one on each LNB to each set top box

Cheers

His 2nd LNB will need to be on Thaicom 5 as he has a GMM box which will not work on NSS6 / IPM and that is going to be a big ask for any dish under 2m in size. So the primary alignment will need to be about 95e to get both satellites albeit with weak signals so the skynindo box will not like it, as they are deaf at the best of times.

Cheers

His 2nd LNB will need to be on Thaicom 5 as he has a GMM box which will not work on NSS6 / IPM and that is going to be a big ask for any dish under 2m in size. So the primary alignment will need to be about 95e to get both satellites albeit with weak signals so the skynindo box will not like it, as they are deaf at the best of times.

i can get another box if NSS6 and Palapa D works better