Applying Thai Visa For Spouse

I have posted this question but would like further info.

I am bringing my Chinese g/f in two weeks. She has acquired 30 day tourist visa from Thai Embassy in China. After 30 days, we need to figure out way to extend her stay as long as possible.

I am staying on retirement extension and one option is to marry her in China and apply for visa. What is the process? Can we get married here and apply for spouse visa in Thailand?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can get marreid in Thailand. Both of you will need a letter from your embassy confirming you are free to marry. Check with your respective embassies to see what is required to issue such a letter. Most embassies have that informtion on their website.

Once you both have that letter, you have them translated into Thai and then legalised at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. When that is done you can go together to any amphur in Thailand and get married.

With that done, she can apply as your dependant for a visa and extension of stay in Thailand. Not sure if she can convert her visa in Thailand to a non-O visa.

You can also get married in China. Don't know the procedure for that.

Yes, you can get marreid in Thailand. Both of you will need a letter from your embassy confirming you are free to marry. Check with your respective embassies to see what is required to issue such a letter. Most embassies have that informtion on their website.

Once you both have that letter, you have them translated into Thai and then legalised at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. When that is done you can go together to any amphur in Thailand and get married.

With that done, she can apply as your dependant for a visa and extension of stay in Thailand. Not sure if she can convert her visa in Thailand to a non-O visa.

You can also get married in China. Don't know the procedure for that.

Thanks for the info. Perhaps marrying in China is easier since I am familiar with the process. Once married, does she need to apply for non-0 in China or can it be done here in Thailand after arriving with tourist visa?