Foreigner Threatened With Gun And Assaulted On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

There is just so much to this story that makes you bang your head against the wall. You have an ex-girlfriend that is now a prosititute, you don't like to see her being groped, (Why would anyone fondle a girl that they have paid for sex?. Is that not the idea?) Was he looking for his bar fine? Is he still "in love" with her? Unbelievable. Yes, he should have pressed charges, but would he just be wasting his time? Probably. Move on to the next hooker....

"You have an ex-girlfriend that is now a prosititute"

What makes you think that she wasn't a prostitute when the ex boyfriend was still with her?

Only read the article and then the first handful of typically banal responses, so it may have come out further down the thread, but if the ex boyfriends ID is revealed and published, so should that of the "foreign man", ... the shit-for-brains farang assaulting the girl. Non-consensual groping, by the way, is sexual assault. And that is for the girl to say or not, given the chance. However, in fairness to the ex boyfriend, the groper's ID should be published with mug shot for all 'back home' to see. ... with a demerit on his visa, for future reference.

Are you serious?? Where does either linked article say the girl was 'assaulted' or that the groping was 'non-consensual'?? I'm glad you're not a police officer in any country if these are the sorts of inferences you arrive at based on the information presented...

'Refused to press charges'??????

What is he hiding would be my first question

Ahhh Pattaya !!! Fireworks of every description available here

Perhaps he would rather his picture was not splashed all over the internet above a caption detailing how he was out with a prostitute in Pattaya.

Thanks Jacko. They must be a little bit slow in Ohio.

".... was not happy with the way the foreign man was apparently groping her."

How many ways are there?

The Thai way and the other ways.

many thai men (pimps) encourage their women to be hookers, tghey deliver them to the scene and pick them up anfter hours, you only have to see sukhumvit soi-4 to check this out at bar closing. and the foreigners are to stupid to realize this!

Too Many Guns unfortunately , but fortunately he was unable to afford the amo .

I think the Farang was rather wise not to press charges , Its really hardly worth it and he may not have been " Just " a Tourist .

Watch those " Beach Girls " Mr Farang . I think you'd be better in the Bars , although the same could still happen ..And maybe next time " Grope " in private . But really its a terrifying thing to have a 9mm Pistol pushed into your head .

Yeah my take on that was that the gun had at least one round chambered but that would be a much bigger offense so the gun got to be "empty" but his GF turns into a prostitute even though that's dubious.(grouping is not something you can get too upset about if your GF is on the game) So the cops kept him out of jail but humiliated him. The farang prolly did as he was told for the greater good.

Absolutely unacceptable - will we see any follow up in the press - I doubt it. Will the Thai guy get charged by the police - I doubt it. If is is charged and brought to court will the judges send him to jail - I doubt it. Does Thailand have any feasible justice system?

Does Thailand have any room in it's prisons ? I read that they're over- crowded as it is , which is why so many law-breakers are quickly given bail and court cases take so long to be settled .

Wouldn't look so good for the country's image, I suppose , to announce plans to build new penitentiaries , not quite as prestigious as new shopping malls !

Only read the article and then the first handful of typically banal responses, so it may have come out further down the thread, but if the ex boyfriends ID is revealed and published, so should that of the "foreign man", ... the shit-for-brains farang assaulting the girl. Non-consensual groping, by the way, is sexual assault. And that is for the girl to say or not, given the chance. However, in fairness to the ex boyfriend, the groper's ID should be published with mug shot for all 'back home' to see. ... with a demerit on his visa, for future reference.

Can't believe this comment, based on exactly zero facts from the article!

You should be a journalist for the Nation.

A demerit on his Visa, for what, being a fondling pratt with a hooker in public. Um, serious crime.