New Tesco Banana Cake! It Sucks.

jusy been down to tesco lotus. as far as i can see they have changed their banana cake.

it isnt a loaf anymore.

its more like a large cupcake.

its drier than before the outside has been cooked too much

it looks like it is slightly smaller too. it claims to weigh 210 grams but because of the cooking design it seems to dry out about 1cm in around the diameter and on the bottom of the cake so its almost like not pleasant to eat. its only got a small juicy core now... disapointing...

although for some reason it tastes better? it almost has a liqueur-ish taste.. cant quite get it though

oh.. and they have been kineo on the nuts... barely any on top.

washed down with a few glasses of foremost whole milk it ended up being ok. but you cant eat it dry...

See it is good when you live out in the sticks, cake no problem Thai husband and wife team sell at the local Village markets around the area, taste far better the some supermarket and a fraction of the price + just ask her to make something, or change something she already makes no problem.. a Party no problem order the week before, Birthday cake same

Eg : like Donuts same size as Mr Donut only fresher softer and cost 5 baht NOT 12 or 15 baht. Different types of Loafs 15 baht, NOT 29 baht for same size at a supermarket. Birthday cake made with butter 200 baht, filling what you want, and writing saying what you want..... same size supermarket stock filling 399 baht !!

• Like 2

Ah, can't believe it but I'll bite.

Tesco Lotus may have destroyed your soul with their evil Banana Cake Recipe Change of 2012 - but there is still hope.

Big C is doing two types now - a banana cake (loaf style, 6 slices for 22 baht) and cupcake style (5 for 19 baht)

I much prefer them to the Lotus ones....

I quite like Tesco-Lotus's vanilla/butter & chocolate bar-cakes !

But why, in the land of the coconut, don't any of them offer a decent coconut-cake, with toasted desicated-coconut on top ? whistling.gif

I think they need a panel of farang-customers, to suggest new product-lines, otherwise they will remain third-rate !

• Like 1

The local banana cakes are much better than Tesco's. I think Tesco forgets to put any bananas in theirs.I put the Tesco banana and 7-11 banana cakes in the same category, not too good.