Remote Controls

Rooo

Need to buy 3 remotes for Fans. They usually work with a drop switch setting. They used to be around, but now they only want to sell me a remote with a receiver box.

There is apparently a guy that used to set up at the fair in Nathon, with a lot of replacement remotes.Does anyone know of him or if he has a permanent shop on Samui please ?

Another one with wonky remotes? .... rolleyes.gif

Try this !!! Open the battery cover and just move the batteries around (back and forth) ..... that always seems to work for me .... some of my batteries in my remotes must be at least 3 years old and seem to be ticking !!!

Of course posting this, has probably jinks my remotes now! biggrin.png

If "no work" try that Safety Mind shop opposite Tesco Chawang, if no one else comes up with a place to buy... wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

I do not know if they sell fan remotes, but the largest selection of remotes that I have ever seen is in the electrical shop opposite Tesco. You know the one - with the Panasonic sign.

They have stacks of the things - some genuine (maybe) and others generic.

Rooo, have you considered a universal remote, as found in Tescos. I'm not sure off hand if they cover fans, maybe only TV,DVD,Aircon etc.

Worth a look though.

Eric, sounds interesting. Could you tell us more about this universal remote please...

Rooo, have you considered a universal remote, as found in Tescos. I'm not sure off hand if they cover fans, maybe only TV,DVD,Aircon etc.

Worth a look though.

Eric, sounds interesting. Could you tell us more about this universal remote please...

As I think Rooo has found out, the universal remotes cover all electricals except fans!!

Worth a look though.

As I think Rooo has found out, the universal remotes cover all electricals except fans!!

This shop has all type of remotes Carmine, I think he also has the universal ones, which you can tune in to operate several appliances.

I think to "pair the remotes" you need the infra red thingy to be working, to match up with the "universal remote"... so if that not working, then it would be pointless! (me thinks!!!)

There is safety Mind and the shop next door, can never remember which has the Panasonic sign, did you try both shops ? (I believe same family)

Perhaps too, try Supot Electric, (another Panasonic sign on roof, I think) toward Maenam,.... Try asking the tall "gang-ly" guy usually in front around computer dept or to speak to the owner or the assistant manager (in the office just near the doors to back of store, they are useful sometimes.. and will search on net to see if available if "no have" ... . )wink.png

You sure its the remote and not the unit inside the the fan,you can buy them in homepro,i need to buy one.

That's a good point! ..... seems odd though, three fans on the blink .... assume all the same make! ?

If I change remotes from the other fans by setting the switches to the frequency, the fans work. One fan might need attention as it only works on high speed, but the other 2 definitely have a dodgy remote.

What ever happened to manual switches? Burn too many calories I guess!!!!!!!!!!!coffee1.gif

The more expensive fans installed actually have a manual switch, not an ounce of drama.Funny part is made by the same company.

Will just have to get them sent over from the distributor.

What make are they?

I have a spare Regene one & a Compass East one.

Or, as a previous poster mentioned, you can buy replacement remotes/recievers from Home Pro & supot @ about 1,000 Baht i think.

Compass East. I said you can buy the replacement, with a receiver unit 1400 Baht.

So how many bottles?