Gang Stages Shootout In Bangkok Hospital

webfact

Gang stages shootout in Bangkok hospital

BANGKOK: -- Displaying a profound misunderstanding of the intent and function of a hospital, 10 members of a bike gang snuck into Rama II Hospital this weekend and opened fire on a suspected rival as he lay recuperating from an earlier gunshot wound.

The retaliation strike stemmed from an encounter that took place earlier in the evening, when Jarutat Kamolmaharumi, a 24-year-old emergency worker, tried to break up a brawl between two rival youth gangs.

Jarutat fled the scene after hearing gunshots, but the gang members weren’t ready to let him off so easily. Assuming he was in cahoots with a rival gang, several of the youths pursued Jarutat, firing at his truck and eventually wounding one of his passengers—17-year-old Sumitra Achitanaboon.

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...ngkok-hospital/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-12-03

footer_n.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think may be because the gun is too easy to find in Bangkok .

Even in the hospital from my own experience

1. the patient came to the hospital he bring his gun this time no accident happen

2. The worker in hospital bring gun whil working ( I don't know why ? ) finally he shot himself accidentally !

May be hospital is not the safe place as people think any more .

• Like 2

My goodness are the red shirts invading hospitals once again?

Congratulations, you win the award for the most tenuous link to the red shirts from an unrelated article, and to manage it within one post is truly special.

Wow thanks I really appreciate the recognition. After all it was quite easy really. The article having the words gang, entering hospital and Bangkok. In my seventeen years here this is only the second time I can recall this happening. So you see it wasn't hard at all.

No not hard at all, but a fair stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1

1. the patient came to the hospital he bring his gun this time no accident happen

2. The worker in hospital bring gun whil working ( I don't know why ? ) finally he shot himself accidentally !

Always interesting to read people's experience.

Edited by Morakot

Are we in Bangkok ? Thailand ? the land of smiles ? I guess the smile is gone since a very long time .

Yup. Land of smiles. I have never been anyplace where a smile is friendlier or can do more for a person. Crime and violence are everywhere. Nobody ever said that this country is without it. You want utopia then you were born on the wrong planet buddy.thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

Congratulations, you win the award for the most tenuous link to the red shirts from an unrelated article, and to manage it within one post is truly special.

thumbsup.gif

Just another yellow shirt having a poke.

thumbsup.gif

Just another yellow shirt having a poke.

You are right and wrong at the same time. Having a poke for sure but not any color of shirt. I don't like any of the colored shirts.

well if you look at OP's other posts here you will see that he does have a lot to contribute to this discussion - these are possibly kids from rival tech schools -- happens like this most days -- just a pity the guy they were after happened to be in hospital -could have happened anywhere - usually does

It has nothing to do with the availability of guns. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. In Australia, in England, where gun ownership is extremely curtailed by government laws, the crime rates are higher than in nations where people are allowed to own guns. The difference between a citizen and a slave is the right to own a gun. Citizens own guns, slaves/subjects do not. Criminals don't obey laws and will do whatever they please, because they are criminals. They will shoot people or stab people or rob people, because they are criminals. If criminals fear ordinary citizens, because they think the ordinary citizen may be armed and able to defend him/herself, crime rates decrease. Arm the population, and you'll see gun related crime decrease. I'm armed at all times. It's my right regardless of laws, because I have an inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Governments didn't give me that right. It's a natural right, given to me by God.

O please your argument about gun ownership has been shown numerous times to be flawed but your kind continue to trumpet it as the truth.

Can't go to a car mechanic when I'm sick, or? laugh.png

Wow thanks I really appreciate the recognition. After all it was quite easy really. The article having the words gang, entering hospital and Bangkok. In my seventeen years here this is only the second time I can recall this happening. So you see it wasn't hard at all.

No not hard at all, but a fair stretch of the imagination.

Not really, isn't it obvious, Man U vs. Man City supporters

Technically, a shootout is between two or more people firing at one another.

That subtle distinction was beyond the high quality writing of the Coconuts News... sad.png

And why "stages"? Did they rehearse the shooting and then invite an audience to it?

Or was it supposed to be a fake "staged" shooting?

Edited by spr&q