Robertson/square Type Screws

penzman

fh.jpg

I have yet to find a Robertson/square type screwdriver, drill bits or screws in Thailand... Apart from Allen type, Robertson/square has always been my favorite to prevent slippage and stripping screw heads.

None of the hardware stores, huge or small carry them. Even True Value where most products are imported . Is it a patent issue?

Have you ever found these here?

fh.jpg

I have yet to find a Robertson/square type screwdriver, drill bits or screws in Thailand... Apart from Allen type, Robertson/square has always been my favorite to prevent slippage and stripping screw heads.

None of the hardware stores, huge or small carry them. Even True Value where most products are imported . Is it a patent issue?

Have you ever found these here?

have you tried suphan hardware, 178/1 Prachanaroumit Road, Bangsue, Bangkok? if they don't have it, it's probably not in thailand.

http://www.buildingthailand.com/forums/ind...hp?showtopic=37

Well, you learn something new every day.

I actually have a screwdriver for this type of screw, it's in a CK set I bought years ago, I now know what it is supposed to fit :o

Looks like a North American standard, I doubt you'll find them here, Posi / Supadrive and slotted seem to be the norm.

Posidrive or Supadrive are very good and slip-proof if you use the RIGHT driver (not a Phillips which has the wrong angles).

We have them all over in North America. They don't strip as easily as flat or star type screws, you can torque the sh*t out of them.

Really? You've never seen those before Astral?

Thanks for the link steve, I'll give them a look.