Cost Of Smoking In Bangkok

PREM-R

Time for Change.... :D .......life is short....

Licensees in England will face fines of up to £2,500 after MPs voted for a blanket ban on smoking in pubs, clubs and restaurants from summer 2007.

Individuals who flout the prohibition will face a £50 spot fine after last night's landmark free vote in the Commons which agreed to extend the ban to private members' clubs by 384 votes to 184, a majority of 200..

Also just heard that while "fumez" in public has not YET been banned "butt boys -Fag ash lil/ Droppers"will be fine £75 if they continue with their filthy habit.

They will however (after paying the £75 FINE-@ Bt 5,000)be given a FREE stubbie out thingy that they can carry around and dispose of their unwanted mess and take it home with them for proper disposal....aint that nice....

Believe counciling for the disease/Habit will be made available......should keep out all those jonnie farangers.. :o

How about this. A friend of mine was in hospital after he managed to fall out of a second story window (still unexplained). He was really down as he'd only been in Thailand a couple of days and wanted me to smuggle some beer into the hospital. So I went down to trusty 7/11. Anyway carrying the beers back and smoking a cigarette. Flicked the top of the cigarette and held onto it as I could see a policeman across the road and was already aware of the fines. He still came running after me even though I had the butt in my hand. As he approached me the bag broke and one bottle smashed on the floor. First he tried to do me for the cigarette, obviously felt he lost face when I showed him I was still holding the butt and then tried to fine me for the broken bottle. Ended up giving him 200 baht so he'd leave me alone but couldn't velieve the cheek as he'd seen it was an accident and I even offered to clear it up. Daughter's birthday must've been coming up...