Mitsubishi Mirage. Paint Finish And Undercoat.

thaicbr

That is strange because the one i brought for my wife 6 weeks ago is painted under the bonnet etc infant the the paint and finish are very high quality.

Do you have some photos? Everyone I have seen is not properly painted under the bonnet. It's a cost cutting measure, same as in brio, and I think, the march.

I'm guessing it's not much of an issue. Just a bit concerned about rust proofing. I presume the undercoat ( or what ever coating is there is sufficient)

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

The lack of paint there is disconcerting. I'd be worried that is the grey is primer, it will eventually rust though if its always getting wet. It might be a cheap fix at a body shop, but around the engine could be difficult. Also in the spare tire area, i believe its the same issue. That's one think i liked about the swift - the engine bay is properly sprayed.

I'm guessing it's not much of an issue. Just a bit concerned about rust proofing. I presume the undercoat ( or what ever coating is there is sufficient)

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

The lack of paint there is disconcerting. I'd be worried that is the grey is primer, it will eventually rust though if its always getting wet. It might be a cheap fix at a body shop, but around the engine could be difficult. Also in the spare tire area, i believe its the same issue. That's one think i liked about the swift - the engine bay is properly sprayed.

Maybe that's why I can get the Mitsubishi now rather than wait 6mths for the Suzuki :lol::D

sent from my Q6

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

Maybe that's why I can get the Mitsubishi now rather than wait 6mths for the Suzuki laugh.pngbiggrin.png

sent from my Q6

Well now the suzuki auto, ordered at the show would take a YEARw00t.gif ....and the manual you can have next May. My auto is due in June, but I'm not holding my breath.

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

Maybe that's why I can get the Mitsubishi now rather than wait 6mths for the Suzuki laugh.pngbiggrin.png

sent from my Q6

Well now the suzuki auto, ordered at the show would take a YEARw00t.gif ....and the manual you can have next May. My auto is due in June, but I'm not holding my breath.

Getting my Mitsubishi Mirage next week. Deposit paid today. Doing paperwork and organizing part exchange on Saturday. Not 1st choice color but no problem :D

sent from my Q6

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

After looking at the build quality of a mirage you'll probably get old mini style under bonnet rust protection soon enough. Nothing to worry about.

That is strange because the one i brought for my wife 6 weeks ago is painted under the bonnet etc infant the the paint and finish are very high quality.

Do you have some photos? Everyone I have seen is not properly painted under the bonnet. It's a cost cutting measure, same as in brio, and I think, the march.

Our car is silver and it does seem to be properly painted under the bonnet, I read that the mirage will be a world car and sold in over 160 countries,

It is soon to launched in the UK so if there are any finish problems i'm sure they will show up.

I find the interiour qulity and feel to very good indeed and i am very happy with the car having now covered just over 2000 km.

Our car is silver and it does seem to be properly painted under the bonnet, I read that the mirage will be a world car and sold in over 160 countries,

It is soon to launched in the UK so if there are any finish problems i'm sure they will show up.

I find the interiour qulity and feel to very good indeed and i am very happy with the car having now covered just over 2000 km.

Would be interesting to see pictures of yours.. the undercoat is silver color.

Ohhh and pink is just NOT my color :D

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

After looking at the build quality of a mirage you'll probably get old mini style under bonnet rust protection soon enough. Nothing to worry about.

Yep my old mini used a litre of oil every few hundred kms...but most of it ended up on the driveway, not around the engine bay....but that only occurred on the odd occasion the engine was functioning properlylaugh.png

Would be interesting to see pictures if yours.. the undercoat is silver color.

Ohhh and pink is just NOT my color biggrin.png

sent from my Q6

That's what I'm thinking...the undercoat is also silver/grey. So the solution to the problem is just to buy the silver mirage! Anyway, I read because of it's light weight, the mirage goes very well. I'm intending to make a few mods to the swift - wheels, body kit, and a few engine mods....I'll still be Captain Slow but what the hecktongue.png

Where's the under body pictures??

My Mirage is silver. I was surprised how well it went. It felt faster than the March.

sent from my Q6

http://www.carview.c...images/10_l.jpg (jap link)

http://image.ohozaa.com/i0/2dsc_0367.jpg

But the one pic I saw of the boot area also showed it to be partially sprayed colour. I've also seen some swifts which also seem to be partially sprayed under the hood (or a different colour was used, not sure).

Edited by culicine

My car is well finished under the bonnet. in the boot etc.

post-19076-0-60726000-1354678736_thumb.j

post-19076-0-27660300-1354678751_thumb.j

post-19076-0-12190200-1354678766_thumb.j

post-19076-0-44955500-1354678783_thumb.j

post-19076-0-30361100-1354678796_thumb.j

post-19076-0-18739400-1354678811_thumb.j

post-19076-0-48999000-1354678823_thumb.j

post-19076-0-89282300-1354678835_thumb.j

post-19076-0-59123100-1354678849_thumb.j

post-19076-0-59902900-1354678869_thumb.j

Thanks for that Koratsteve.

Just to confirm. It has gloss coat/top coat in all those pictures. I think I see it but not 100% sure.

sent from my Q6

Just to confirm. It has gloss coat/top coat in all those pictures. I think I see it but not 100% sure.

sent from my Q6

It has a gloss finish in all area’s execpt under the bonnet and in the inside of the boot which are finished in a matt grey paint.

sent from my Q6

sent from my Q6

It has a gloss finish in all area’s execpt under the bonnet and in the inside of the boot which are finished in a matt grey paint.

Same as all the others. Except with silver it's not so noticeably.

sent from my Q6