Mitsubishi Mirage. Paint Finish And Undercoat.

thaicbr

That is strange because the one i brought for my wife 6 weeks ago is painted under the bonnet etc infant the the paint and finish are very high quality.

Do you have some photos? Everyone I have seen is not properly painted under the bonnet. It's a cost cutting measure, same as in brio, and I think, the march.

My car is well finished under the bonnet. in the boot etc.

Thanks, it seems there must be some variation of how well cars are being finished at the factory.

That is strange because the one i brought for my wife 6 weeks ago is painted under the bonnet etc infant the the paint and finish are very high quality.

Do you have some photos? Everyone I have seen is not properly painted under the bonnet. It's a cost cutting measure, same as in brio, and I think, the march.

My car is well finished under the bonnet. in the boot etc.

Thanks, it seems there must be some variation of how well cars are being finished at the factory....or is it a grey paint, and not primer? Primer would suck...

Took these shots today at a motor exop

Mitsubishi Mirage

dsc03872u.jpg

dsc03870jj.jpg

dsc03865u.jpg

Nissan Almera ( silver )

dsc03886en.jpg

dsc03884a.jpg

dsc03882z.jpg

Seriously, how many baht are they saving by not spraying under the hood and engine bay? 5000 baht? To me, any visible body work should be properly sprayed. It just looks unfinished. Maybe they assume most Thais don't look under the hood?

Mitsubishi Mirage

Nissan Almera ( silver )

Seriously, how many baht are they saving by not spraying under the hood and engine bay? 5000 baht? To me, any visible body work should be properly sprayed. It just looks unfinished. Maybe they assume most Thais don't look under the hood?

Not so much the paint, I believe as much as time and manpower. That also has a cost.

Mitsubishi Mirage

dsc03872u.jpg

dsc03870jj.jpg

dsc03865u.jpg

Nissan Almera ( silver )

dsc03886en.jpg

dsc03884a.jpg

dsc03882z.jpg

If i were Mitsubishi management and saving 5,000 baht a car i would say can we make it 10,000.

Mitsubishi Mirage

dsc03872u.jpg

dsc03870jj.jpg

dsc03865u.jpg

Nissan Almera ( silver )

dsc03886en.jpg

dsc03884a.jpg

dsc03882z.jpg

If i were Mitsubishi management and saving 5,000 baht a car i would say can we make it 10,000.

Just curious as to what a local garage charge to fix this problem? In the boot or under the carper no one cares about, but a car should look 'finished'...

Te rear seat in the mirage is completely flat - a bit of extra stitching would have made it look much better, but I imagine more owners will re-cover the seats anyway.

Mitsubishi Mirage

dsc03872u.jpg

dsc03870jj.jpg

dsc03865u.jpg

Nissan Almera ( silver )

dsc03886en.jpg

dsc03884a.jpg

dsc03882z.jpg

Just curious as to what a local garage charge to fix this problem? In the boot or under the carper no one cares about, but a car should look 'finished'...

Te rear seat in the mirage is completely flat - a bit of extra stitching would have made it look much better, but I imagine more owners will re-cover the seats anyway.

Personally I don't think there is a 'problem'

All the parts you see are painted.

sent from my Q6

Just looking at these photos and I think its disgusting that Mitsubishi can get away with turning out unfinished cars, but what does that say for us the people who are putting up with it ? and its not just lower end models, just like the Mirage the top model 3.2 Triton was never sprayed under the hood and not even under the fuel filler cap.

Its such a shame to turn out spray painting like this on what in all other aspects are nice cars

Just looking at these photos and I think its disgusting that Mitsubishi can get away with turning out unfinished cars, but what does that say for us the people who are putting up with it ? and its not just lower end models, just like the Mirage the top model 3.2 Triton was never sprayed under the hood and not even under the fuel filler cap.

Its such a shame to turn out spray painting like this on what in all other aspects are nice cars

Is the paint that you see high quality???

That's what matters. Don't you think?

sent from my Q6

Guys, this has been going on for years in all bottom-end cars... Go stick your head in the trunk of a VIOS or City, then look up at the rear shelf - or walk into the showroom and start pulling out the truck carpets/liners ;)

5,000 Baht is a significant expense to save (and an easy one to find) when you're talking about a total production cost in the low-mid 100,000 Baht range...

Guys, this has been going on for years in all bottom-end cars... Go stick your head in the trunk of a VIOS or City, then look up at the rear shelf - or walk into the showroom and start pulling out the truck carpets/liners wink.png

5,000 Baht is a significant expense to save (and an easy one to find) when you're talking about a total production cost in the low-mid 100,000 Baht range...

You mean 500,000 baht range? I've never looked into a low end model, only my civic which is fully painted in the boot and under the carpet...

Guys, this has been going on for years in all bottom-end cars... Go stick your head in the trunk of a VIOS or City, then look up at the rear shelf - or walk into the showroom and start pulling out the truck carpets/liners wink.png

You mean 500,000 baht range? I've never looked into a low end model, only my civic which is fully painted in the boot and under the carpet...

An Eco car that retails for < 400K Baht has a raw production cost of ~120-150K. Add to that manufacturer profit, transport and floorplan costs, dealer profit and taxes and you end up at 370-420K...

I'm guessing it's not much of an issue. Just a bit concerned about rust proofing. I presume the undercoat ( or what ever coating is there is sufficient)

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

The lack of paint there is disconcerting. I'd be worried that is the grey is primer, it will eventually rust though if its always getting wet. I

I dont think it is an issue as it is not primer in the typical sense, it is an E coat etch and is not affected by moisture like a conventional spray primer.

I'm guessing it's not much of an issue. Just a bit concerned about rust proofing. I presume the undercoat ( or what ever coating is there is sufficient)

Any one know????

sent from my Q6

The lack of paint there is disconcerting. I'd be worried that is the grey is primer, it will eventually rust though if its always getting wet. I

I dont think it is an issue as it is not primer in the typical sense, it is an E coat etch and is not affected by moisture like a conventional spray primer.

OK thanks, I can't tell from the pics what kind of paint that it. As long as it's waterproof, that would be my main concern.

• 11 months later...

One year old and already starting to rust in the engine bay.

Have you asked if it's covered under warranty.

I just noticed it yesterday when i was topping up the battery and droped one of the battery stopers into the enginebay, I would hope it would be covered under the three year warranty next service is due in a couple of months i will find out then.