My Name On Tabien Baan?

As with all things here, different regions, different interpretations! Blue book is a register of Thai nationals living at a address, Yellow book is a register of non Thai nationals living at an address.

Non Thais do not normally get put on the blue book hence the yellow book and yes a house can have both. It has been reported on this forum that non Thai nationals have got themselves on the blue book of their or family's property, well TIT.

• 2 weeks later...

I've contacted the Amphur and they say they will put me on the blue book - the requirement is having lived here for 10 years.

One thing they asked for was a copy of my translated passport from the British Embassy - does anyone know if they do such a thing?

One thing they asked for was a copy of my translated passport from the British Embassy - does anyone know if they do such a thing?

The embassy won't do everything, they will provide a certified copy of your PP (for a price) but don't do translations. Use one of the translation shops nearby and get the translation certified by the MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) which I believe is near immigration at Chaeng Wattana. Many of the shops will do the certification for you too for a nominal fee and then EMS the documents, which will save you hanging around for hours at the MFA. That should be sufficient for the amphur people.

s it turned out, all I needed was a letter of residence from immigration to give to the amphur. I got this in 5 min and told to give the officer a 'kanom' next time. We have a mutual friend. This saved a major headache going to the translation place and the ministry of foreign affairs.

The amphur decided not to put me on the blue book, but gave me a yellow one. They also said I could apply for citizenship in 6 months, which I may just do.

Edited by Neeranam