Insurance For A Used Car,already Include After Purchase For One Year?

Sandman77

Hello!

One question!

When I purchase a used car is the insurance also all ready include free, for the first year , like on a new car,?,or must sign up separately and pay 20000 bath each year?

What the regular car insurance cover and how high?

In my insurance from my home country in case of a accident to other people or injuries it is covered up to 130000€,but Iam not sure did the insurance in Europe or Thailand only pay when I was driven the car, or also when Another person drive ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

it depends of the maker. Some manufacturers for which there is a lot of demand like Isuzu, will try to make you pay for everything, including insurance.

For others, like Mitsubishi and Ford, the insurance would be included. Regarding the insurance, it is the car that is covered, not the driver. You can reduce the premium with named drivers (but if the car is stolen, then you are exposed for any damage that car may cause).

it depends of the maker. Some manufacturers for which there is a lot of demand like Isuzu, will try to make you pay for everything, including insurance.

For others, like Mitsubishi and Ford, the insurance would be included. Regarding the insurance, it is the car that is covered, not the driver. You can reduce the premium with named drivers (but if the car is stolen, then you are exposed for any damage that car may cause).

I never quite understood this. Does it mean that a 17 year male is the same price to insure (if he drives the insured car) as a 50 year old female ? In the UK there would be massive difference in insurance costs, like 1000%.

For others, like Mitsubishi and Ford, the insurance would be included.

It seems to me that the OP was talking about used cars. So as I understand it the existing insurance (if any) should be passed on to the new owner of the used car, but the level of cover could vary enormously and indeed there may not even be any cover at all apart from the basic government cover. I certainly dont see a used car dealer providing full premium insurance for nothing in the way that some manufacturers do on new cars.

Personally I would ensure that I took out new cover myself on any used vehicle, and would verify the cover on a new car also.

For others, like Mitsubishi and Ford, the insurance would be included.

It seems to me that the OP was talking about used cars. So as I understand it the existing insurance (if any) should be passed on to the new owner of the used car, but the level of cover could vary enormously and indeed there may not even be any cover at all apart from the basic government cover. I certainly dont see a used car dealer providing full premium insurance for nothing in the way that some manufacturers do on new cars.

Personally I would ensure that I took out new cover myself on any used vehicle, and would verify the cover on a new car also.

Correct, the existing insurance is normally transfered to the new owner, since it is the car that is insured. Basically the insurance transfers with the car.

However, the previous owner has the possibility to cancel the insurance and claim a refund for the unused days, so check whether the insurance is transfered yes or no.