Women Dies After Eating Bbq

khwaibah

Got trebly ill eating in a Thai tourist restaurant with the “blue and white sign” advertising good clean food’ like one sees all over. Later there again, took one smell at my plate of food and left. Tried to get hold of the organization without luck.

thaivisa posted today: Eatery found stocking contaminated fish: Chiang Mai:http://thai.vi/Z7pkVP

Larrybird do you think that this is as common in our home town of Boston? I am certified and licensed in Restaurant Sanitation in the State of Massachusetts (in which every food service establishment needs to have one employed) and with the strict inspection process we had to go through I know that here does not have an equal level of food safety.

And the name of the eatery is still a mystery, and forever will

stay so,if you go out for a BBQ tonight hope its not that one.

Its totally unbelievable that the Health Dept do not name this

establishment ,sorry thats the PUBLIC health dept.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

You are right, it is somewhat unbelievable but remember this contention only comes from the deceased's family so the restaurant in question may be unjustly accused.

Add to the fact, Thailand's draconian defamation laws which allows parties to sue you if it can be shown that you damaged their business or reputation and is a criminal not a civil offence.

Add to the fact, there is a culture of not criticising those who have power or wealth. (self-preservation)

So you see, it actually becomes quite believable and you will see this pattern repeated over and over of not publicly naming wealthy, connected or powerful people or businesses who have done some really very bad things.

If you really wanted to know you could get on to Thai twitter networks.

Uncooked Meat to Blame for Many Cases of Seriously Ill People - Doctor says Woman Died from Bacteria but None Found in Food at Restaurant.

Dec 11, 2012.

Society.

flag_th.jpg

CityNews - Dr. Surasingh Witsarutrat, the deputy head of Chiang Mai Public Health Office, recently issued a statement saying that the young woman who had died after eating at a moo kata restaurant had been infected by the bacteria Streptococcus Species Agalactiae, but after inspection a. team from the Chiang Mai Health Office could find no signs of the bacteria at the restaurant.

1355225939.JPG

The office said the bacteria could have come from infected meat as the family insisted that the girl had no congenital disease.

The doctor added that the bacteria could be fatal to humans depending on where it spread. If it spread to the brain then often the person died. He said that there have been over 100 recorded cases of infections of this particular bacterium in the last few years. Currently three people are hospitalized with this infection and this year two people have died, including the girl, after being infected. In all cases it's thought that uncooked pork or other meat was to blame.

Master of Public Health, the young doctor who died from eating pork pan. Infection Step Nitro Brian Cox Cup Group B.

On date . 7 December 55. Tp.dr. Mr. Singh, renowned Chiang Mai Public Health Department Deputy.The statement issued to the press. The case of a student who had just completed a master's degree. After dropping one of Chiang Mai University. Name ". younger banana leaf . " age 23. annually. Died without knowing the exact cause. After eating pork in a pan in the city with a group of friends. In the past, about the middle of November. Days later with fever and headache, low grade fever and relatives have brought was treated by doctors at Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital. And after it . 2 days. Symptoms did not improve. Until they lose consciousness. And found to be infected in the blood stream to be treated in intensive care and died.The fact of the matter is that social media extensively. Because they do not know what it died of any cause.Part of the restaurant to eat pig pan because I fear that no one will infect them.

Mr. Singh Tp.dr. renowned Department of Health, vice Dr. Chiang said of the detected bacteria.Steph's Peter Cox Keystone species in Galaxy Theatre or Group B.. Streptococcus specie agalactiae. , and as far as checking meat from pig pan so after the scene already . 4 days did not have this bacteria. While checking animals, which is what the other consequences that would have been contaminated with this bacteria does. Of the initial spatially because of disease progression and death is already up. Because this bacteria can infect the urinary tract. And acquired from eating the meat may be contaminated from the start of the fermentation or animal kill or be killed, and be patient with this infection. Which must be carefully examined again. The basic question of the dead relatives that the patient does not have any diseases.

In case of death during the treatment of a doctor. This type of bacteria that is spread to parts of the body. If the patient progressed to brain death is easier. The patient information section of this pathogen in Thailand that. 3-4. past year found more than 100. cases. During this time, close to the patient . 3 business together. Which occurred on the day, time and place. Disease is now being investigated. And this year have died and this is number 2. them. This disease outbreak. But can not because of the food. For eating raw pork to pan. And may lead to infection. Therefore need to be cooked before consumption before to be safe.

". although the cause of this patient died from infection stepping protocols for Custer's Galaxy Theatre or Group B to be stating the obvious that come from eating pork pan would be. difficult Because raw fish, pork, beef, chicken etc. into the store each day with a lot. And sold every day. Make it difficult to detect contamination of the sample material. The good is that consumers should be more careful. Shipping raw meat must be cooked. To sterilize. Another thing that is a concern. Using chopsticks is that individual consumers will fork over the chopsticks raw meat on a roasting pan. And the chopsticks to eat the same meat fork. This is considered very vulnerable to contamination from raw meat to enter the body more easily. ". Tp.dr. Mr. Singh said. .

City News

Edited by khwaibah

Oh, and remember to switch chopsticks between cooking chopsticks, and eating chopsticks at moo kata restaurants.

Shouldn't the hot/cooking water take care of any "bacteria" on rhe chopsticks? unsure.png

There's no hot/cooking water involved in Korean BBQ.

thaivisa posted today: Eatery found stocking contaminated fish: Chiang Mai:http://thai.vi/Z7pkVP

Larrybird do you think that this is as common in our home town of Boston? I am certified and licensed in Restaurant Sanitation in the State of Massachusetts (in which every food service establishment needs to have one employed) and with the strict inspection process we had to go through I know that here does not have an equal level of food safety.

Definitely not. I was just joking... I should've made it clearer I was joking.. There's always someone on here that will say 'it can happen anywhere'. I used to get food poisoning about 4 times a year here, and don't know if I've ever gotten food poisoning in Boston in 25 years living there, so..........

As you said, I believe it is much more common to happen here in Thailand.. And although anything can happen anywhere.. the chances of food poisoning are just a weeee bit higher here, in my opinion.

Edited by LarryBird
  • Like 1

Getting true facts here is nigh to impossible, the Public Health dept say

the restaurant was selling contaminated fish ,in an other report I read,

Restaurant clean nothing found, then another report Streptococcus,

found but not the same strain that allegedly killed the student,then it

was the students fault as she must have already been ill,as her friends

where only a little ill.

Confused ,I think we are meant to be, the most important fact is missing

name of restaurant.its exactly the same when bacteria was found in 3

brands of toothpaste,which brands the public was never told !!!

So Thailand is definitely not a nanny state ,you have to be responsible

for your own life.

regards Worgeordie

Uncooked Meat to Blame for Many Cases of Seriously Ill People - Doctor says Woman Died from Bacteria but None Found in Food at Restaurant.

Dec 11, 2012.

Society.

flag_th.jpg

CityNews - Dr. Surasingh Witsarutrat, the deputy head of Chiang Mai Public Health Office, recently issued a statement saying that the young woman who had died after eating at a moo kata restaurant had been infected by the bacteria Streptococcus Species Agalactiae, but after inspection a. team from the Chiang Mai Health Office could find no signs of the bacteria at the restaurant.

1355225939.JPG

The office said the bacteria could have come from infected meat as the family insisted that the girl had no congenital disease.

The doctor added that the bacteria could be fatal to humans depending on where it spread. If it spread to the brain then often the person died. He said that there have been over 100 recorded cases of infections of this particular bacterium in the last few years. Currently three people are hospitalized with this infection and this year two people have died, including the girl, after being infected. In all cases it's thought that uncooked pork or other meat was to blame.

Master of Public Health, the young doctor who died from eating pork pan. Infection Step Nitro Brian Cox Cup Group B.

On date . 7 December 55. Tp.dr. Mr. Singh, renowned Chiang Mai Public Health Department Deputy.The statement issued to the press. The case of a student who had just completed a master's degree. After dropping one of Chiang Mai University. Name ". younger banana leaf . " age 23. annually. Died without knowing the exact cause. After eating pork in a pan in the city with a group of friends. In the past, about the middle of November. Days later with fever and headache, low grade fever and relatives have brought was treated by doctors at Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital. And after it . 2 days. Symptoms did not improve. Until they lose consciousness. And found to be infected in the blood stream to be treated in intensive care and died.The fact of the matter is that social media extensively. Because they do not know what it died of any cause.Part of the restaurant to eat pig pan because I fear that no one will infect them.

Mr. Singh Tp.dr. renowned Department of Health, vice Dr. Chiang said of the detected bacteria.Steph's Peter Cox Keystone species in Galaxy Theatre or Group B.. Streptococcus specie agalactiae. , and as far as checking meat from pig pan so after the scene already . 4 days did not have this bacteria. While checking animals, which is what the other consequences that would have been contaminated with this bacteria does. Of the initial spatially because of disease progression and death is already up. Because this bacteria can infect the urinary tract. And acquired from eating the meat may be contaminated from the start of the fermentation or animal kill or be killed, and be patient with this infection. Which must be carefully examined again. The basic question of the dead relatives that the patient does not have any diseases.

In case of death during the treatment of a doctor. This type of bacteria that is spread to parts of the body. If the patient progressed to brain death is easier. The patient information section of this pathogen in Thailand that. 3-4. past year found more than 100. cases. During this time, close to the patient . 3 business together. Which occurred on the day, time and place. Disease is now being investigated. And this year have died and this is number 2. them. This disease outbreak. But can not because of the food. For eating raw pork to pan. And may lead to infection. Therefore need to be cooked before consumption before to be safe.

". although the cause of this patient died from infection stepping protocols for Custer's Galaxy Theatre or Group B to be stating the obvious that come from eating pork pan would be. difficult Because raw fish, pork, beef, chicken etc. into the store each day with a lot. And sold every day. Make it difficult to detect contamination of the sample material. The good is that consumers should be more careful. Shipping raw meat must be cooked. To sterilize. Another thing that is a concern. Using chopsticks is that individual consumers will fork over the chopsticks raw meat on a roasting pan. And the chopsticks to eat the same meat fork. This is considered very vulnerable to contamination from raw meat to enter the body more easily. ". Tp.dr. Mr. Singh said. .

City News

Did any one make any sense of this????? Check your writing people, please.

Anyway back on topic. It was wrong for the authority to even mention the Strep B. infection (Streptococcus agalactiae) before the whole report was done.

A simple wikipedia search and some digging through medical mumbo jumbo, will tell you that this thing won't kill you if eaten.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/229091-clinical - for further information for those who really cares.

Anyway back on topic. It was wrong for the authority to even mention the Strep B. infection (Streptococcus agalactiae) before the whole report was done.

A simple wikipedia search and some digging through medical mumbo jumbo, will tell you that this thing won't kill you if eaten.

http://emedicine.med...091-clinical - for further information for those who really cares.

1) It's possibly a Google translation of a Thai news item.

2) from the article you linked to:

"Urinary tract infections are a common manifestation of group B streptococcal disease and are observed in both pregnant and nonpregnant adults. Other presentations of group B streptococcal infection include pneumonia, skin and soft-tissue infections, septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, meningitis,

peritonitis, and endo-ophthalmitis.

Group B streptococcal infection in healthy adults is extremely uncommon, except in young and middle-aged women

Group B streptococcal meningitis, a common manifestation of neonatal infection, is uncommon in adults. It is almost always associated with anatomical abnormalities contiguous with, or of, the CNS, usually as a result of neurosurgery"

(my emphasis added)

So reading your article in full, it seems that although extremely rare, if you get a group B streptococcal infection manifesting as meningitis (a bacterial infection in the brain), yes you can die from this.

Getting true facts here is nigh to impossible, the Public Health dept say

the restaurant was selling contaminated fish ,in an other report I read,

Restaurant clean nothing found, then another report Streptococcus,

found but not the same strain that allegedly killed the student,then it

was the students fault as she must have already been ill,as her friends

where only a little ill.

Confused ,I think we are meant to be, the most important fact is missing

name of restaurant.its exactly the same when bacteria was found in 3

brands of toothpaste,which brands the public was never told !!!

So Thailand is definitely not a nanny state ,you have to be responsible

for your own life.

regards Worgeordie

Like the Mrs is always saying...'You have to take care yourself in Thailan, nobody cares you' .

• Like 1

http://emedicine.med...091-clinical - for further information for those who really cares.

1) It's possibly a Google translation of a Thai news item.

2) from the article you linked to:

"Urinary tract infections are a common manifestation of group B streptococcal disease and are observed in both pregnant and nonpregnant adults. Other presentations of group B streptococcal infection include pneumonia, skin and soft-tissue infections, septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, meningitis,

peritonitis, and endo-ophthalmitis.

Group B streptococcal infection in healthy adults is extremely uncommon, except in young and middle-aged women

Group B streptococcal meningitis, a common manifestation of neonatal infection, is uncommon in adults. It is almost always associated with anatomical abnormalities contiguous with, or of, the CNS, usually as a result of neurosurgery"

(my emphasis added)

So reading your article in full, it seems that although extremely rare, if you get a group B streptococcal infection manifesting as meningitis (a bacterial infection in the brain), yes you can die from this.

So there you have it, we live on a bacterial planet, can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em. Which moo gata the young lady ate at is irrelevent, for the most part they stock cheap food and have typical local standards of cleanliness. This event should serve as a reminder to not consume under cooked meat, dont use the plate that you transported the raw meat on and dunk your chop sticks in the boiling soup trough before eating the cooked food. Three simple rules for moo gata.

Oh, and remember to switch chopsticks between cooking chopsticks, and eating chopsticks at moo kata restaurants.

Shouldn't the hot/cooking water take care of any "bacteria" on rhe chopsticks? unsure.png

I have been to a few bbq places in Thailand and Korea that provide a hot plate with a bowl outer rim , this bowl contains broth . I try to avoid the pieces of meat cooked in the broth as it is often not at boiling temperature . Another thing that puts me off the food from the broth is it is all mixed up with no way of really knowing how long it has been in there .

I have been to a few bbq places in Thailand and Korea that provide a hot plate with a bowl outer rim , this bowl contains broth . I try to avoid the pieces of meat cooked in the broth as it is often not at boiling temperature . Another thing that puts me off the food from the broth is it is all mixed up with no way of really knowing how long it has been in there .

True, if the charcoal burns down, then maybe not boiling but most bacteria die at 160 F. so just very hot is good enough, I like the soup that forms from the dripping juices, I add ginger, mushrooms, garlic, vegies, and wun sen to make a great soup..... now I am hungery.

regards Worgeordie

Did hear the name off the the Moo Kata restaurant this week already,but hear/say it's not allowed to post,

but this article confirms it?

http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=1185