A ride map will be given.

Lunch stop in Lampang

And back to Hang Dong PTT to top off your tank and check fuel mileage

There will be door prizes for the best and worst milage as well as other

About 5 - 6 hours in total.

Any bike is welcome

What time is the meet up at PTT?

David

well its going to be ETD +45 mins like the last one..............so we can all have a lie in smile.png and not be late.

OK, I missed the last one so I'll bite. What is the ETD?

David

ETA (Estimated time Arrival) ETD (departure).....so we just just wait for Jeffrey to give us the ETD

What time is the meet up at PTT?

David

well its going to be ETD +45 mins like the last one..............so we can all have a lie in smile.png and not be late.

OK, I missed the last one so I'll bite. What is the ETD?

David

ETA (Estimated time Arrival) ETD (departure).....so we just just wait for Jeffrey to give us the ETD

Thanks eyecatcher. I knew what ETD mean, I just didn't know the actual time of the ETD. biggrin.png

David

• Like 1

I will be there at 9:30 we will leave at 10:00 sharp

If you want to check your millage and try to get a prize, you will need to check in and top off your tank, as well as at the end too fill up again to check KPL

There will be 3 Check points along the way, but you can drive any bike at any near normal speed. I will be on a new scooter I got recently to check it's mileage

We will be going over the hill to Lampang with a stop at the Market on the way and service center on the way back

Lunch stop at the "Bus Stop" Cafe in Lampang

200 km in all

Everyone will top up at the normal meeting Mae Hia / Hang Dong PTT station

can you give me more precise directions to this location such as nearby landmarks...i will be coming from the Airport Plaza.....thanks

how many bikes do u usually have on this ride and what cc

Highway 108

From Airport plaza head toward Hang Dong

Past Big C in Mae Hia (Middle ring road)

Past Makro

PTT station on left (east) side of the road

I would guess usually 12 bikes of all sizes. Any is welcome

^ looks like it's 'secret squirrel' stuff, they don't want new riders coming along. Very vague details in the original post and subsequent posts.

"Secret Squirrel" Sorry Don't know that club ?

Don't want new riders ? Though every post says any bike welcome

Very Vague details ? It is a regular half day ride every third Sunday of the month. The post all say were we meet, time, and where the ride is that month

You, and anyone is welcome, Sorry we don't send out written invitations we just post about rides here and anyone who wants more info can make a post or PM me or any of the other riders. Know a wonderful ride ? your welcome to make a suggestion or be a ride leader.

^ looks like it's 'secret squirrel' stuff, they don't want new riders coming along. Very vague details in the original post and subsequent posts.

"Secret Squirrel" Sorry Don't know that club ?

Don't want new riders ? Though every post says any bike welcome

Very Vague details ? It is a regular half day ride every third Sunday of the month. The post all say were we meet, time, and where the ride is that month

You, and anyone is welcome, Sorry we don't send out written invitations we just post about rides here and anyone who wants more info can make a post or PM me or any of the other riders. Know a wonderful ride ? your welcome to make a suggestion or be a ride leader.

I think he is winding you up Jeffrey

thanks for the directions now the hard bit is getting out of bed before 9am on a Sunday

What a nice ride with lots of surprises ! A year end ride

The group was about half new and half regulars. After everyone filled up and checked their odometer we left at 10 straight up due to complaints in the past of late start.

The traffic was a little heavier then expected and the strawberry vendors on the side of the road didn't help. Most of the day we were intermixed in a slower Honda Cub group that had about 500 members riding it seemed.

First stop was at Thung Kwian Market. Every bike was greeted and given a bottle of wine, a bag of Cap Moo, some dried fruits, and some nuts, who arrived with-in a 20 minute time window from the first bike in.

Next stop was a surprise lunch (Mini) buffet at the recently reopened PTT station in Lampang. Fruit, fried rice, and Thai spaghetti. Nobody was allowed for top off their tanks

The ride did a small loop and returned the same way we came, but this is a good route to check your millage and range on your bike.

A quick rest at the "Service area" and back to the starting line at PTT where tanks were topped off again and mileage checked

2 bikes chickened out and added along the way. Nobody needed rescuing and there were no incidents along the way other than the black scorpion in the road at the wrong time.

On my bike, I drove a Honda Spacy 110 my odometer showed 195 km for the trip. It was 200 exactly. I got 42.7 kpl

Best mileage was 50 and he won a RImping gift certificate for 1500 Bt

Worst mileage was just under 20 kpl. they got a 500 Bt gas card and 100 Bt phone card in case they run out.

Person with the closest Odometer reading got 2 dinner buffets certificates for Shangra-La

And a lucky prize was given to for a days car rental or week work of motorbike rental

Next months ride, on January 20th, the third Sunday of the month, will be to Kan kamphaeng hot springs

Also on New years eve, a small group is doing the Mae Hong Son loop if anyone wants to join in for this over night ride

can you give me more precise directions to this location such as nearby landmarks...i will be coming from the Airport Plaza.....thanks

Highway 108

Past Makro

well i was planning on coming with you but was rather annoyed that the directions u gave led to a dead end

left airport plaza headed along hang dong rd past tesco.....,big c......... thru the lights......past makro and stopped in the PT station 100 metres past Makro

waited until 9.50am with no other bike there and decided i was in the wrong place so shot up to BigC in hang Dong looking for a PTT station

couldnt find one so came back to the PT station by Makro about 10.20am and asked the pump attendant had he seen any guys on bikes to which the answer was no

thanks for wasting my time, it seems Palexxxx was right about it being a "Secret Squirrel " hunt

Sorry you missed the huge PTT station with the huge sign, restroom, huge mini market, even a large sitting area we met at and talk bikes while we wait.

Others seen not to have problem as it is the only PTT station right past makro and the sign is so big you can see it from the street in front of Makro.

for those who did make it, it was a fun and enjoyable day

Hope to see you next month. Please let me know if you need me to meet you at Makro and take you the 2 or 3 blocks down to PTT I would be happy to show you

Highway 108

Past Makro

well i was planning on coming with you but was rather annoyed that the directions u gave led to a dead end

left airport plaza headed along hang dong rd past tesco.....,big c......... thru the lights......past makro and stopped in the PT station 100 metres past Makro

waited until 9.50am with no other bike there and decided i was in the wrong place so shot up to BigC in hang Dong looking for a PTT station

couldnt find one so came back to the PT station by Makro about 10.20am and asked the pump attendant had he seen any guys on bikes to which the answer was no

thanks for wasting my time, it seems Palexxxx was right about it being a "Secret Squirrel " hunt

There's always next time; but get yourself some glasses; post-150623-0-25577000-1355718874_thumb.

We are in the world of sat nav; gps, smart phones, and reading good directions on the internet......but really incompetence reigns.

Jeff; I was going to suggest meet again for next one at the LPG, but even the last time few could find that one also.

If its Tesco or Big C, the car park will be too big, If its Airport plaza it has 2 bike parks, If its Thapae Gate theres no where to park,

How about the police station on the riverside where we have all paid a fine..........surely even the blind riders can find that place.

, If its Thapae Gate theres no where to park,

Actually if you turn right into Thapae Gate there is that big concrete area that they have shows etc on.

I notice on Saturday nights? I think? they have bikes of all kinds in groups there.

Looks cool & will take a closer look next time.

Everyone in groups according to bikes.

Like a lineup of CRFL's, Ninja's, etc.