Thailand's Mobile Phone Operators Get 3G Licences

webfact

Mobile phone operators get 3G licences

By Digital Media

ph.jpeg

BANGKOK, Dec 8 – Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has resolved to issue third generation (3G) wireless licences to three mobile phone operators with a condition they reduce the service fees by at least 15 percent, according to a senior committee member.

Col Settapong Malisuwan, chairman of the Telecommunications Committee which is attached to the NBTC, said the three companies will received official letters next week, informing them to kick off preparations for 3G service which should be fully launched by April next year.

He said the NBTC will add an addendum to each agreement, compelling every operator to reduce the service fees by 15 percent given a continuous decline of service fee in the market by at least 10 percent.

The three mobile phone operators qualified for the 3G wireless licences are Advanced Info Service (AIS), DTAC and True Move.

Surapol Taweechaikarn, a member of the NBTC’s Telecommunications Committee, said the licences will be issued despite an appeal to the Administrative Court by the Office of the Ombudsman seeking an injunction to the NBTC’s auction.

He said the NBTC will follow the Central Administrative Court’s earlier ruling that the Ombudsman was not authorised to file the injunction. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-08

I am confused [easily done for me]!! I thought

I thought I already had 3G with AIS and pay monthly for an unlimited download and my icon on my mobile shows an "H" when it connects, which I must admit is only about 50% of the time.[in Pattaya]

What is it I have [or they are selling] and what is the difference going to be?

I thought I already had 3G with AIS and pay monthly for an unlimited download and my icon on my mobile shows an "H" when it connects, which I must admit is only about 50% of the time.[in Pattaya]

Operators were allowed to provide 3G under a "trial" mode using their already allocated band, 850MHz(dtac-true), 900MHz(AIS)

I believe now they all can use the international (or universal) 2100Mhz band, which now all 3G phones should be able to work.

TOT have been using 2100Mhz for a while, I guess they had the "political benefits" to use that band. LOL

Correct me if im wrong.

Operators were allowed to provide 3G under a "trial" mode using their already allocated band, 850MHz(dtac-true), 900MHz(AIS)

I believe now they all can use the international (or universal) 2100Mhz band, which now all 3G phones should be able to work.

TOT have been using 2100Mhz for a while, I guess they had the "political benefits" to use that band. LOL

Correct me if im wrong.

moving up to 2100Mhz is to a bandwidth less cluttered and therefore faster,

I heard it is True that is currently the fastest as they route to satellite a different way............

but who knows, a fast car on the shortest route or a slow car on the fastest route...........currently my AIS 3G turns on and off( goes fast then slow)................bah

The three were going to sue SOMEONE if they didn't get their way. I'm rooting for the telecoms anyways -- coz I use their damned services!! Sides, they DID shell out a few billion baht.

Some slimeball in the government just wants a huge cut --- of course at the expense of consumers! I'm glad this thing looks like it'll FINALLY to ahead... But then again -- I'm leaving "TAE-land" for good in April!

3G or not, mobile internet being overloaded in Thailand, I never had a decent speed except sometimes aroud 4-5 AM... Bangkok in the afternoon, I never could load a basic (i.e. google) page... I use AIS 1-2Call...

Here in Cambodia, with Metfone, even in lost towns in provinces I can mesure up to 7Mb download.

3G or not, mobile internet being overloaded in Thailand, I never had a decent speed except sometimes aroud 4-5 AM... Bangkok in the afternoon, I never could load a basic (i.e. google) page... I use AIS 1-2Call...

Here in Cambodia, with Metfone, even in lost towns in provinces I can mesure up to 7Mb download.

I've been happy with My by Cat, where now you can get speeds 10-18Mbps down . Not sure if that would be true in congested areas of Bangkok during peak times.

Mod: Shouldn't this be in the mobile devices section?

Mobile phone operators get 3G licences

By Digital Media

a>

BANGKOK, Dec 8 – Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has resolved to issue third generation (3G) wireless licences to three mobile phone operators with a condition they reduce the service fees by at least 15 percent, according to a senior committee member.

Col Settapong Malisuwan, chairman of the Telecommunications Committee which is attached to the NBTC, said the three companies will received official letters next week, informing them to kick off preparations for 3G service which should be fully launched by April next year.

Well the point is, there is STILL no official finalization process, only an INOFFICIAL one, which states it will take another 5 months from now, until April,... until the 3 LITTLE tELECOM PIGGIES can consider whether or not they reduce the prices in telecom costs whatever…

OH MY F************ing GOD

I tell you what the 3 LITTLE PIGGIES' answer towards the NBTC, concerning price sanctions is gonna be:

So in other words, the 3 LITTLE PIGGIES will resist and tell the NBTC "F*********** OFF, we're gonna reap the benefits by overpricing our customers to enrich ourselves. Your nifty rules, mean nothing to us, now go home and leave us be!!!!"

.... and there will still be no FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL 999999999999999999999,....,, process, but only another INOFFICIAL finalization process, which will take another 10 years to be reconsidered and re-reconsidered,...... And that can take another 9999999999999999999999999+++++++++++ years, until the day this generation and the following generation of Thais are dead by now....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Dear People in Thailand, you're messing with the Telecom corruption Mafia of Thailand...

Edited by MaxLee