Alcohol Ad Ban

PREM-R

:oThe long awaited ban on advertising/showing booze on TV has finally arrived and I just wondered how much influence the images on the screen had on your decisions when contemplating purchasing a drink. Personally I usually drink the same brand, although I have been known to change alegiance when approached by a scantilly clad, young, promotion girl at the local 'beer garden'.

Many brands seem to come and go here in Khon Kaen, Asahi, Cheers, Beer Thai, were lauched in a flurry but now are hardly seen and the current 'flavour of the month' seems to be San Miguel, in various flavours.

:oThe long awaited ban on advertising/showing booze on TV has finally arrived and I just wondered how much influence the images on the screen had on your decisions when contemplating purchasing a drink. Personally I usually drink the same brand, although I have been known to change alegiance when approached by a scantilly clad, young, promotion girl at the local 'beer garden'.

Many brands seem to come and go here in Khon Kaen, Asahi, Cheers, Beer Thai, were lauched in a flurry but now are hardly seen and the current 'flavour of the month' seems to be San Miguel, in various flavours.

I bought a couple of cans of Beer Thai the other day. They were the only cold beer that the shop I went to had. On opening them, we discovered that they were almost 2 YEARS out of date - they had a taste of bad cider. I suppose that tells you how popular Beer Thai is (or was).

Although most will indeed drink what they are told, the advertising bans aren't aimed at leveling the field when it comes to choice of brands.

We are all bombarded with ads of hunks and babes, enjoying the good life, with their favorite beverage in hand.

We are so indoctrinated, that not partaking usually requires an explaination.

Just for a moment, consider not drinking beer, wine or other alcoholic beverage, ever again.

That uncomfortable feeling is food for thought.

I think that adverts do not necessarily lead a person to drink a certain brand necessarily but the lack of advertisements tends to eliminate some possibilities for most people....if you haven't heard of it, it is very much less likely that you will drink it.