Voipstunt: Can't Select Extension After Being Connected; Bad Echo

Trevor25222

Couple of questions about VOIPStunt phone calls ...

1) Why does the other party always experience a variable echo at their end -- but I never do? Any solution?

2) When I connect to a modern, automated exchange -- such as a bank's -- I cannot enter the extension number I require, either by clicking on the window-keypad or my Mac's keyboard. So I usually end up being disconnected, unless the other party transfers to a human operator after a certain time -- although this is becoming increasingly-rare. What is the cause of, and solution (if any), to this problem?

Thank you.

use an external microphone with earphones then the other party won't experience an echo.

update their application to the latest version might help with DTMF issue.

Thanks, I'll try my headset when I get home. Just one of those things I didn't want to carry abroad to save on weight.

Re. software updates ... the VOIPStunt update page lists only files to be extracted using Windows self-extracting archive -- which my Mac will not open. I can't remember where I downloaded my original VOIPStunt Mac software from. The utility does seem to prompt me to install updates, although only rarely ... perhaps only once every year or two, which I do. So it's proably up-to-date. The lack of DTMF functionality may be a quirk of Mac (in)compatibility which they haven't sorted yet. Otherwise VOIPStunt a good, and mostly free, service.

use an external microphone with earphones then the other party won't experience an echo.

update their application to the latest version might help with DTMF issue.

Thanks, I'll try my headset when I get home. Just one of those things I didn't want to carry abroad to save on weight.

You can also try to use simple headphones. Weights few grams and costs 50 bath. This way the voice comes out of the headphones to your ear and is not able to go back to the laptop microphone.

As said before, DTMF issue. Could be fixed with the software.

Why not to use the service with mobile phone? If this is the one you are using, they seems to support wide range of devices. If it integrates well with the mobile phone, then you should be able to use your phone contact information for dialing as well.

http://www.voipstunt.com/en/mobile_voip