Ferry Or Speedboat From Samui To Khanom

there is a pier in khanom. i asked why it had been abandoned. i was told that they tried to build another ferry link but seatran and raja ferry blocked it but that is just what i was told.

as regards to finding a travel link i would be interested also.

That map comes from a resort in Khanom. I suggest to contact them about it; http://www.baancivil...contact_eng.htm

But a private speedboat trip from Khanom won't be cheap...

I remember seeing a similar map, showing that Khanom - Samui route, several years ago, and being told it does not exist.

I think Gulfsailor is correct, you might be able to hire a private speed boat... but dig deep into your pockets.whistling.gif

Just head up to Donsak or Nathon (depending on which way) .... the Lomprayah high speed ferry would be the fastest... check their website for time table !

Other wise there are several other ferries, that run about every hour, it's not that bad of a trip... it just takes an hour and a half.... and cheap !

(Big C's version, is probably correct... route blocked by the "big boys" !!! ) wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Did that ferry service from champon to samui ever take off.

Assume you mean Chumpon, ? wink.png

No car ferry, but Lomprayah certainly has there "high speed ferries", to KT, KP and Samui.

I believe to there is another walk on service, to from Chumpon, but not sure what company.

When I came to Thailand, Raja ran a ferry service from Khanom - Samui - Khanom but discontinued it some time ago.

That must have been along time ago

There you go anyone with a speed boat there is a demands for this route

When I came to Thailand, Raja ran a ferry service from Khanom - Samui - Khanom but discontinued it some time ago.

That must have been along time ago

There you go anyone with a speed boat there is a demands for this route

Actually, it was in the late 1990s, before the new ferry pier was built at Donsak. The ferry from Donsak to Samui only went to the old ferry pier outside of Nathon. The ferry that went from Nathon, the current pier in town, did not go to Donsak. It went to Khanom or at least somewhere near Kahnom. I only used it once coming back from a visa run from Malaysia. When I first drove to Samui in early 1998, I can remember waiting 7.5 hours in the que for the ferry.

Actually I might have misquoted by saying it was Raja. It might have been another company that went tits up. When the service stopped one of the ferries stayed moored in nathon until Seatran hauled it away to refurbish the pier for the new ferry service from Donsak, around 2002. Funny I can remamber things like this but can't remember where I put my eye glasses 10 minutes ago!

• Like 1