Boarding School For My Wife's Brother.

I have searched the forums, but most posts relate to 50/50 kids.

My wife's brother is 14. She has moved back to my country. Mother is dead. Father moved on with new family.

Brother lives with Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, Cousins etc.

He does well at school but not so good at home. There are bad influences around him, drugs, alcohol and violence.

I have offered to send him to boarding school. We would like to send him to military school. It seems to offer good opportunities for poor people and avoids drawing the military lottery.

Can anybody tell me where to find a list of schools and contact details. The only one that comes up when I search is "Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy" I am sure there are others. We are not in LOS at the moment.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know anything about military schools, and I am not trying to criticize you, but I am always curious WHY us "farangs" are always posting questions, on behalf of Thai family members, that it seems to me, Thai people could/would know this information or be able to find it more easily then us ...being that they lived here all their lives, can read and speak the language and all of those obvious benefits?

I know sometimes we want/need to confirm information because we often get told a load of BS, but couldn't your wife do the basic legwork and then you could just comfirm it, it case you want to be sure of the costs for example?

I just see a lot of posts about "how can my g/f get a Thai passport" or "how can she get a D/L" or "my g/f's cousin's friend had a car accident, how should I deal with the insurance company/police", or whatever. I just wonder how many Thai people living in the West, are on Thai forums asking similar questions about us farangs and our problems?

I'm just suggesting this because it seems it would be easier for you. Good luck with this and hope it works out!

Sorry, I don't know anything about military schools, and I am not trying to criticize you, but I am always curious WHY us "farangs" are always posting questions, on behalf of Thai family members, that it seems to me, Thai people could/would know this information or be able to find it more easily then us ...being that they lived here all their lives, can read and speak the language and all of those obvious benefits?

I know sometimes we want/need to confirm information because we often get told a load of BS, but couldn't your wife do the basic legwork and then you could just comfirm it, it case you want to be sure of the costs for example?

I just see a lot of posts about "how can my g/f get a Thai passport" or "how can she get a D/L" or "my g/f's cousin's friend had a car accident, how should I deal with the insurance company/police", or whatever. I just wonder how many Thai people living in the West, are on Thai forums asking similar questions about us farangs and our problems?

I'm just suggesting this because it seems it would be easier for you. Good luck with this and hope it works out!

Off-topic, but we tend to step-in because the Thais normally don't have the investigative and enquiring mindset needed in these circumstances. If they don't know, they generally can't be arsed to find out. Often down to us to get them moving in this regard, and equally often we are thanked for giving assistance.

• Like 1

we also ask because not all of us have thai families that have internet access, or computers, or the 'umph' to actually call up official places and ask appropriate questions,; those of us with up country thai partners that are older. obviously the younger 20+ age groups have more knowlege and access.

i can tell u that we are still waiting for someone to help deal with our chanote problem cause Mil and Fil are barely able to deal with cell phones and electricity let alone gov't officials and bros an sisters are not well educated either.

education not only teaches abc's but also basics of functioning in a literate official society (how to dealw ith a bank, how to deal or find schools, medical info, stuff that most of us take for granted. trust me its not just thailand, my ex mother in law is a kibbutznik and she also cannot deal with stuff that is out in the 'city' world.... thats the answer...

bina

israel

tatlly off topic but felt i had to explain here.

• 2 weeks later...

Off-topic, but we tend to step-in because the Thais normally don't have the investigative and enquiring mindset needed in these circumstances. If they don't know, they generally can't be arsed to find out. Often down to us to get them moving in this regard, and equally often we are thanked for giving assistance.

Spot on. Thanksthumbsup.gif

cheesy.gif

we also ask because not all of us have thai families that have internet access, or computers, or the 'umph' to actually call up official places and ask appropriate questions,; those of us with up country thai partners that are older. obviously the younger 20+ age groups have more knowlege and access.

i can tell u that we are still waiting for someone to help deal with our chanote problem cause Mil and Fil are barely able to deal with cell phones and electricity let alone gov't officials and bros an sisters are not well educated either.

education not only teaches abc's but also basics of functioning in a literate official society (how to dealw ith a bank, how to deal or find schools, medical info, stuff that most of us take for granted. trust me its not just thailand, my ex mother in law is a kibbutznik and she also cannot deal with stuff that is out in the 'city' world.... thats the answer...

bina

israel

tatlly off topic but felt i had to explain here.

Thanks. Maybe he's newsmile.png